English Premier League Season 2014-2015

bones

We are not huge anymore :D Chelsea have been better than us for 2 seasons now. But we are are improving with every game and you might see us competing for title next season. Chelsea's head to head record against United is mainly post Mou era where he has barely lost more than 1-2 games against us in PL. Before that Chelsea baring the season before Mou took over werent even a top 4 side. Where as if you look at Europe its just the opposite, Chelsea have never managed to beat United in Europe. It was not that bad as you are making it look like, yes we didnt attack as much as we should have with 70% possession, but to say Chelsea had more clear cut opportunities than United its completely wrong. Chelsea finished better with limited opportunities they created. We couldnt finish, to start off that Wayne Rooney shot that went wide, the falcao shot that hit the goal were 2 of our best opportunities. And even the mcnair shot had some sting in it, these are the ones that I can recall. There could be 1-2 more. I have never complained about Chelsea's style of play because I know they are known to play like this. In fact I prefer tactical football over the kind of football Pep's team ( read Barcelona pre 2013 and Bayern now known to play and to some extent we played at the start of the season ). We are expected to be much more penetrating as we have been in past few games. The absence of some of our key players and Chelsea's stubborn defense didnt allow us to play like we played against City, Spurs and even Liverpool. We are definitely not expected to pass the ball between defenders and midfielders alone without any final ball. We didnt play like this in last 5-6 games where we have been at our best, if you have watched United play in last few games you wouldnt have said that. But still we are far from how we are expected to play like and that will change with recruitment of few more players LVG wants next season. LVG's teams are known to play much more sleek passes and passing has always been much more smoother in any of his teams.
Yes ..I completely agree with everything you said here but showing Chelsea vs United specially with mourihno in charge I wanted show why we play like this and its effectiveness vs team just as strong but now I see your perspective also.. I have seen United and they do penetrate but they also do keep ball because of weakness in back line the simple solution is do not give ball to other side and they will never attack you and trust lvg did this because of defensive weakness and next season with more stability I can assure you you will take more risk and lose ball more and also score lot more. Anyway to prove my point United after Rooney chance which I explained how happened and was not shot on target ..had first short on target at 61 minutes and in the end both sides have similar shot on target but United had more shots but most of them were by far away...I actually watched game again on star sports app to confirm every thing I said . In end it was 2 chances on goal inch with United having 15 goals but most of them far away which Chelsea in current system do not even try and we try to shoot from within box.. United had two and one was McNair long ranger and other falcao very hard angle from left hitting post I believe . First 20 minutes Chelsea had problem with chemistry and what to do with fabregas even shouting when he ended up marking fellani :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: But after it was classic Chelsea keeping United where they want at arms length and I honestly never felt United will score it was like Chelsea vs Spurs at home when we won 3-0 and would have have been same score line of we had Costa and Willian who are essential while countering as they have pace and Costa has finishing . Check possession in that game too and it was home game but final score line was different because of fit players . Also since I watched this game again I noticed there was only once you guys even tired to pass ball over defence with forward making run and that was young I think pass to falcao but that was offside ..In the end until we stopped at king in final 15 minutes we did get many chances with drogba one on one with defender but because of lack of pace either offside or too weak effort l..people are completely ignoring how big handicap it is and in the end it made final score look close while this is classic Chelsea performance where we score 2-0 favourite score line of Jose :giggle: I do hope united improve as I like this league and having strong United just help it lift the entire competition specially in Europe ..Lately United have played brilliantly but his is what Chelsea do to possession sides.people think defence is just back 4 but our entire team defends and rarely loses shape and for that you some times have to give up being too aggressive to get ball which is possession ,but while watching game I never felt worried when United had ball and after 20 minutes felt Chelsea were controlling it even without ball .it's very strange thing to say but you have to see Chelsea play to know when they are in trouble like psg at home or when they are totally under control like here or vs Spurs ,arsenal or Liverpool where I felt we won't concede even if match goes on for 2 more hours . I respect the way lvg plays its not like bayern ,it is passing with purpose and even allows ugly work like fellani in middle or long ball to him but I am just talking about is game I honestly felt after first 20 minutes we controlled the game even though we did not have the ball ..if United took more risky chances like passing to mata quickly who we had shut ,they lost ball like that matic interception then straight pass to drogba with one na one with de gea and ball deflecting to post by hazard ..this is what we do and if people started understanding how it works they will stop finding it boring and I think you do get it ..l am talking about people in general ...this is what attracted me to football these strategies not just goals which are fun ..:)

If fergie was the manager and we were playing like this and trailing at half time,I bet we would have made a comeback in the second half and either win or draw but this season especially in away games,I have no confidence that they'll comeback from behind

2 penalties not given but still happy with result but man that Oscar one was blatant how can neuer be given penalty against in champions league and not this ? Still first half we went for it but when you ar Enti given 2 good chances against side which is 2 nd you have to decide to let go as its not about 1 point we got but also 2 points arsenal did not .