Germany is winning this trophy!

BlueBee

no i am not saying he has done enough for tournament all i am saying is he is showing up in world cup and rest of team is not:winky: and better teams would not let one inform player do well ...is a team game after all
Well that didnt stop Maradona dragging an awful Argentina to WC final in 90 or Ballack for Germany in 2002 or Baggio Italy in 94.So why is this excuse trotted out for Messi? Also its not Arg are a poor team they are the 2nd favourites and one of the strongest squads. He has done enough if he wants to rated as a average international player. BUT if he wants to be rated alongside Pele Maradona and others then he needs performance against the likes of Ger Brazil etc not Iran or Bosnia

Well that didnt stop Maradona dragging an awful Argentina to WC final in 90 or Ballack for Germany in 2002 or Baggio Italy in 94.So why is this excuse trotted out for Messi? Also its not Arg are a poor team they are the 2nd favourites and one of the strongest squads. He has done enough if he wants to rated as a average international player. BUT if he wants to be rated alongside Pele Maradona and others then he needs performance against the likes of Ger Brazil etc not Iran or Bosnia
Valuable input this!

see i do not know history i am not even calling him all time best but if i go by what has happened until now messi is playing at his average or above average ...but rest of team is poor ..now if the do not win the cup i will surely not blame messi for it..obviously i would not call him best player in tournament or anything but they keep on playing like this u surely cannot blame him for team losing ?

see i do not know history i am not even calling him all time best but if i go by what has happened until now messi is playing at his average or above average ...but rest of team is poor ..now if the do not win the cup i will surely not blame messi for it..obviously i would not call him best player in tournament or anything but they keep on playing like this u surely cannot blame him for team losing ?
Yep. Messi is mediocre in World Cups, but has done the job so far. But a player of his caliber, there would be more expectations from him.

Yep. Messi is mediocre in World Cups' date=' but has done the job so far. But a player of his caliber, there would be more expectations from him.[/quote'] He won them both games And Iran might be mediocre but they defended well Even in first game they gave no goal

They are in because of Messi. He's looking much better in this WC. Don't think they would go all the way though.
Probably should kick Higuain out. Awful finisher, overrated player. Even in Copa America 2011 Messi created hell lot of chances but they couldn't convert them, most of them due to Higuain.