India vs England, 1st Test,Trent Bridge || 9-13 July

Swing depends on air in the atmosphere more than just clouds, but cloud cover might increase the chances to create that atmosphere needed for swing than sunny days but certain sunny days also can have such atmosphere which helps in swing. Also every ball is different, some swing, some not. Three types of swing are there Conventional, reverse, and contrast. Normally the swing which we see these with old ball is not reverse but contrast swing and we say it is reverse swing. Here is an article explaining swing. Like what Shami did against WI was contrast swing, not reverse. http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/258645.html
Lol I know this but we were not discussing why it happens...Leo was totally off about when it happens .. Also I have read this before thanks :icflove:
Lol I know this but we were not discussing why it happens...Leo was totally off about when it happens .. Also I have read this before thanks :icflove:
:hmmm: Wasim Akram said so in that Kent cricket program. :idunno: :headshake: A great bowler but giving wrong info to others
:hmmm: Wasim Akram said so in that Kent cricket program. :idunno: :headshake: A great bowler but giving wrong info to others
He probably talked about reverse...in dry conditions ball roughens up quickly and so you can have one shiny side and other rough for reverse
He probably talked about reverse...in dry conditions ball roughens up quickly and so you can have one shiny side and other rough for reverse
You can't take any scientific analysis seriously with regards to swing because it hasn't been proved without a doubt. Only you can associate certain conditions with swing or reverse because it usually happens in those conditions, like overcast conditions assisting swing and dry conditions helping reverse but there is no absolute guarantee.
You can't take any scientific analysis seriously with regards to swing because it hasn't been proved without a doubt. Only you can associate certain conditions with swing or reverse because it usually happens in those conditions' date=' like overcast conditions assisting swing and dry conditions helping reverse but there is no absolute guarantee.[/quote'] yep but there is no way wasim will say ball doe not swings in overcast conditions but he can say it does not reverses in such conditions and is better in dry...and that is one of the reason reverse swing is more important in sub continent