Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

He is slow now. Not much swing or seam movement either. Scrambled seam. Does not get sufficient bounce compared to his height. Bad bowler.
Agree always used to have scrambled seam. no movement etc etc Was always rubbish but at least was rubbish at 85 mph (well that speed at least for first few overs when fresh) But now starts of at 80 mph and goes sub 80 straight away!!
His bowling action is completely messed up. There is no front foot block or arm delay in his action which used to give him extra pace.
What is the bowling coach doing ? When a bowler deviates from what he used to do when he bowled well then I would expect the coach to try and rectify it. Otherwise, what is his role and job ?
What is the bowling coach doing ? When a bowler deviates from what he used to do when he bowled well then I would expect the coach to try and rectify it. Otherwise, what is his role and job ?
These things take time to be worked upon and cannot be done during a series when you are playing match after match. A bowling coach does not have enough time to look at these things. At this level, In Indian team, he can only guide him about mental aspects and bowling plans. Bowler himself needs to realize this first and worm on these things at the nets in off season.
Agree always used to have scrambled seam. no movement etc etc Was always rubbish but at least was rubbish at 85 mph (well that speed at least for first few overs when fresh) But now starts of at 80 mph and goes sub 80 straight away!!
He is losing his abilities one by one 3 or 4 years back, his seam was not scrambled. He used to get seam movement and extra bounce. He lost that. His pace was 135 to 145 k. Then became 130 to 140 k. Then 127 to 137 k. Now 125 to 132 k. Soon he will be bowling 115 k. :cantstop:
These things take time to be worked upon and cannot be done during a series when you are playing match after match. A bowling coach does not have enough time to look at these things. At this level' date=' In Indian team, he can only guide him about mental aspects and bowling plans. Bowler himself needs to realize this first and worm on these things at the nets in off season.[/quote'] He is not a person who uses his brains much. He himself said that he does not think much but just plays . So, not much chance of him working on his mistakes by himself. Needs the help of some good coach during the off season. Someone he will listen to.
Shami has looked unfit and heavier. This is the slowest I have seen him bowl. He had bowled 135 to 143 / 146 k in his 6 earlier tests. This test he has bowled 132 to 139 k in his earlier spells. Mostly bowled 128 to 136 k later on. Not impressive because this maybe linked to fitness.
Shami is a kind of guy who adds on weight quickly if rested for a while. Thats why in one the interview he stated that he wanted to play as much matches as possible. He even featured in vijay hazare trophy despite the tight schedule, because he wanted to remain Fit. He got married recently, and i don't think he had practiced much in this gap, so he is now out of shape and quite bulky. I feared this can really hurt our chances in this series. We really want a fitter shami ASAP :pray: