Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Apart from Shami, nobody is a wickettaker. He was badly missed in NZ. And unfortunately even he is looking lethargic, from the back end of IPL his speeds have dropped.

Bumrah is played out by most opposition, Chahal is underperforming massively and the third seamer is still not a fix. We need an X factor player to add to this lot.

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

Horrible fielding by the Indian off this Bumrah over

First Chahal drops a catch off Smith

Next ball an easy ball missed by Mayank and a 1 run becomes a 4.

Earlier Dhawan dropped an easy catch off a spinner.

this is always the problem with Indian teams, just lack core atheletic ability. Chahal for sure the guy looks like a malnourished nerd. 

It is important that Saini gets to play the full ODI series and is not dropped after 1 disappointing game.

The pitch was not ideal for quick bowlers and even Bumrah, Starc and Cummins got hammered.

Most importantly, a youngsters, once chosen, should get to play quite a few games on the trot to settle down at international level.

Constant chopping and changing never helps.

The coaches should tell our pacers to bowl attacking lines and lengths with slips in place in thd first 12 overs.

Target the top of off stump ball after ball at full pace.

Punctuate this with surprise bouncers ... 1 or 2 an over.

Don't bowl defensive lines and lengths, that is back of a length and and into the body. This will never fetch wickets. But surprise bouncers will, if they are not over used or under used.

Touring pacers have the tendency of bowling too short in Australia, seeing the bouncy pitches ... but this never works. Both Saini and to some extent, Bumrah, did this. While Shami under used the short ball.

Edited by express bowling
3 hours ago, express bowling said:

The coaches should tell our pacers to bowl attacking lines and lengths with slips in place in thd first 12 overs.

Target the top of off stump ball after ball at full pace.

Punctuate this with surprise bouncers ... 1 or 2 an over.

Don't bowl defensive lines and lengths, that is back of a length and and into the body. This will never fetch wickets. But surprise bouncers will, if they are not over used or under used.

Touring pacers have the tendency of bowling too short in Australia, seeing the bouncy pitches ... but this never works. Both Saini and to some extent, Bumrah, did this. While Shami under used the short ball.

Not sure of an all out 'attack' strategy. According to me, the roles have to be defined properly and the inning has to be paced accordingly. While Shami is a naturally attacking bowler, Saini is not cut out for that. He falters in his length consistently. He needs to be told to maintain his length and that itself will give wickets. Trying to do too much is not going to help him. 

Also, I feel the strategy should be clear as to which phase of the game what style of bowling has to be done. The Pakistanis of the 90's used to choke runs between the 20th to 30th over. That itself used to put a lot of pressure. Such strategies need to be adopted and like I said earlier, each bowler needs to be clear about his role. 

20 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Not sure of an all out 'attack' strategy. According to me, the roles have to be defined properly and the inning has to be paced accordingly. While Shami is a naturally attacking bowler, Saini is not cut out for that. He falters in his length consistently. He needs to be told to maintain his length and that itself will give wickets. Trying to do too much is not going to help him. 

Not talking about too much but just 1 thing in the first 12 overs. Target the top of off stump and maintain the length, as you said.

Saini used to be a very accurate bowler too. Just give him a bit of time and he will bowl accurately in the big league too 

Also, I feel the strategy should be clear as to which phase of the game what style of bowling has to be done.

I clearly said that I was talking about the first 12 overs.

The Pakistanis of the 90's used to choke runs between the 20th to 30th over. That itself used to put a lot of pressure. Such strategies need to be adopted and like I said earlier, each bowler needs to be clear about his role. 

These days, wickets are needed in the middle overs too. Superior bats, the habit of playing T20s, different powerplay rules and field placement rules mean that ... no wicket in the middle overs means a lot more runs 

Edited by express bowling