Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

There are no tall quick bowlers in india ,we have to make the most of what we have .They could try Sen from mp  and Prasidh and Tyagi ,but even they are not that tall probably around 6ft2.

Prasidh and Tyagi are tall enough.

Prasidh 6'3" or 6'4"

Tyagi.   6'2" or 6'3"

And both get steep bounce at 138 k to 148 k.

But Tyagi is too raw and needs atleast 12 to 18 months to get ready.

Prasidh should have been tried. If he gets hit, so be it. Everyone is getting hit.

Edited by express bowling

Well our most fringe pacers will bowl well against non SENA sides

SENA sides no vulnerability of our pacers when attacked and plus they know now we don't have that strong batting to back our bowling now

Well there is no remedy other than backing you Will keep doing musical chair between them resulting loss of confidence in every player

We need someone like Gillespie as our bowling coach,pep talk and clear guidance is what they need

Ingredients are there just a Master Chef is needed

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Is saini 100% fit also ?

Nope he clearly isn't. A back spasm issue doesn't disappear on its own miraculously in two days but then who will tell this to our genius captain.

I wouldn't blame a youngster for not being forthright about not being fully fit. This could derail or even end his career. The team management with physio and doctor are there exactly to take that call after a proper assessment.

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i havent watched India bowling in both game, what did u feel while watching his action ? did he look 100% or just holding himself back?

Saini was not hitting the deck as hard as he can. His release speeds were high but the zip off the deck was less than his usual. And this was one of the factors for his failure, although not the only one.

56 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Did somebody observe/care Starc is going at 9rpo almost?

He is a champion but seems Aussie pitches respect hit the deck bowlers offcourse with slight variations in line

Yes ... and even Cummins has looked ordinary. He has picked up some cheap wickets later today but has been very expensive in his first 2 spells in both matches.

These pitches are very flat.

The Aussie seamers have looked ordinary too ... and their bowling figures have looked better than they havd bowled because of the scoreboard pressure their batsmen have created.

3 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Then how are you judging his height? Prasidh looks tall among Indians.

Prasidh is around 6'3". He is probably tallest after Ishant among current India A or Indian team bowlers. But his problem for me is his inconsistency, goes too much on leg side. 

Edited by rkt.india
2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Did somebody observe/care Starc is going at 9rpo almost?

He is a champion but seems Aussie pitches respect hit the deck bowlers offcourse with slight variations in line

Don't get what Starc is doing! Why has he changed his action which he was going so good with. His action has proved detrimental for him till now.

My observation on Indian bowlers –

Bumrah – Looks fatigued and seems to have lost his exuberance. The pace is still there but is hitting the wrong lengths often. I feel the pressure of performance is getting to him.  He will get back to being the best, but needs time. I don’t believe he has lost his art. The recent IPL series is proof enough where he started rusty and went on to bowl excellent.

He needs to bowl fuller length and stick to the offside line. Needs to bounce batsmen from short of a length. Also needs to use the yorkers sparingly and keep using bouncers as a shock weapon.

Shami – The lone warrior. But as they say, fast bowlers hunt in pairs. He is struggling to find a partner who can match his excellence. Can still use more of bouncers when the pitch is not assisting much.

Saini – Low on confidence. Doesn’t look ready for a tough tour like Australia. The Aussies have been targeting him and he seems totally lost. Wrong lengths and wrong line. Pace is fine but not express. It will do him well to rest for the next match.

I feel what Saini could have done different was sticking to an offside line at fuller lengths and bowled at his quickest. A few bouncers would not have hurt his cause. 

Most importantly, the management seems to be clueless. Hard to understand what is the exact role of Ravi Shastri in the team except for sitting on a chair looking totally drunk. The bowling coaches don’t seem to be passing the right feedback.

Its about time Virat Kohli takes one for the team and resign. Will do a lot of good for the Indian team because the players seem to be looking mechanical. They are not enjoying the game.