Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I said the same ... that is you need 140 k+ pacers almost everywhere which means 136 k to 145 k pacers.

Additionally, really tall pacers who get steep bounce ... like McGrath do well too.

what happened to the unit bro. umesh the unit. he was a beast before. he dint do too well vs kiwis with his favourite SG ball. 

first time i have seen him struggle. Although he did well post lunch. 

is it age? he is only 33. he appears young and still looks like a tank. 

like you said, i would rather have fully fit inferior players with potential to half fit quality players. 

prasidh and siraj should be in next game if umesh is not fit. I believe bumrah, shami will be rested. 

that old james bond movie villain look alike Duanne Olivier is back in the reckoning for south africa.. imagine this pace attack Nortje, Rabada, Olivier.. they lost a potential great in Kyle abott to kolpak but these three can terrorize modern day batsman on sportive pitches..

On 11/29/2021 at 8:25 PM, Jay said:

what happened to the unit bro. umesh the unit. he was a beast before. he dint do too well vs kiwis with his favourite SG ball. 

first time i have seen him struggle. Although he did well post lunch. 

is it age? he is only 33. he appears young and still looks like a tank. 

like you said, i would rather have fully fit inferior players with potential to half fit quality players. 

prasidh and siraj should be in next game if umesh is not fit. I believe bumrah, shami will be rested. 

Umesh has completed 34 a month back. And completed 10 years in international cricket this year. He may look fit but the joints and connective tissues are not the same. 

It won't be easy for him to bowl at full tilt from now on. I expect him to be just Fast-medium from now on, with that odd quick spell like last session of Oval 2021.

I think we should look beyond Ishant, Bhuvi, Umesh and even Shami now. 

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Umesh has completed 34 a month back. And completed 10 years in international cricket this year. He may look fit but the joints and connective tissues are not the same. 

It won't be easy for him to bowl at full tilt from now on. I expect him to be just Fast-medium from now on, with that odd quick spell lime Oval 2021 last session. 

I think we should look beyond Ishant, Bhuvi, Umesh and even Shami now. 

Sad times. Umesh and Aaron revolutionised Indian pace attack. Pioneers. They started our pace culture. 

Umran Malik has been dropped in the 2nd Unofficial Test match and Porel comes in.

So, we have chosen 2 trundlers and an out of form Fast bowler pushing 30.

The A-team tours are for preparing the next gen Fast bowlers for Team India ... and if the BCCI think that these 3 are those than bye bye test bowling.

I am seeing major lack of vision regarding fast bowlers in the last 12 months.

What has gone wrong suddenly  ??

Edited by express bowling
16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Umran Malik has been dropped in the 2nd Unofficial Test match and Porel comes in.

The A-team tours are for preparing the next gen Fast bowlers for Team India ... and if the BCCI think that these 3 are those than bye bye test bowling.

Saini should be in his absolute prime now. 27-33 is the peak for bowlers. 

33-36 is about maintaining and selecting particular games to participate in. 

Post 36 really just depends on your fitness and bowling action. 

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Porel brings in the most respected " line & length " :) which is required by the selectors, administrators, commentators ( specially indians :) )

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Saini should be in his absolute prime now. 27-33 is the peak for bowlers. 

33-36 is about maintaining and selecting particular games to participate in. 

Post 36 really just depends on your fitness and bowling action. 

For Fast bowlers, the absolute peak is 25 to 31.

Most pacers start losing pace and energy from 32 onwards.

Mavi can be the next shami in Asia

Nagarkoti can be what pandya was supposed to be

Porel is good tbf. He was never fast. Never. He was the slowest out of the aforementioned 3 in under 19 and in ranji. 

He does have steepling bounce. He should be useful. @express bowling you are underestimating porel mate. 

Edited by Jay
1 hour ago, Jay said:

Mavi can be the next shami in Asia

Nagarkoti can be what pandya was supposed to be

Porel is good tbf. He was never fast. Never. He was the slowest out of the aforementioned 3 in under 19 and in ranji. 

He does have steepling bounce. He should be useful. @express bowling you are underestimating porel mate. 

Who do you rate higher prasidh or saini? Reckon shardul will have a role to play in the upcoming sa series.

3 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Who do you rate higher prasidh or saini? Reckon shardul will have a role to play in the upcoming sa series.

Prasidh. Although I am not going to write of saini though. He can come back. Only 29. Still got a good 3 - 4 years in him if he is focused and trains hard. 

Shardul certainly would. As long as shardul is fit, he can be a game changer. Underrate shardul at your own peril. Dude is clutch as phuck too. 

I miss sundar out of all though. That's a diamond in the rough what a talent he is. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I love steepling bounce.

But for that we need a pacer who is 6'5"+ with a high arm action who hits the deck hard and has a good seam position.

Porel is around 6'2" I think. He is bouncy compared to most Indian pacers but standard bounce compared to West Indian. Australian, English, SAF and NZ pacers. Since he will be bowling to batsmen who are used to playing 6'2" pacers with such bounce a lot, that factor alone won't be good enough once the novelty factor wears off.

Prasidh is of a similar height and bounce but 10 kph faster.  Which is why I would prefer Prasidh as the tall bouncy pacer till the time we find someone with more height and bounce.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I like variety tbh. I like 2 fast bowler bowling 138-145. 

One with steep bounce 

One with swing ability and batting. 

That a good combo which I like too.

But would like one of the fast bowlers to be 142 k to 152 k.

And the bouncy bowler should preferably be 132 k to 142 k atleast.

It would be nice if the swing bowler is of Anderson or Boult's height and pace.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I love steepling bounce.

But for that we need a pacer who is 6'5"+ with a high arm action who hits the deck hard and has a good seam position.

Porel is around 6'2" I think. He is bouncy compared to most Indian pacers but standard bounce compared to West Indian. Australian, English, SAF and NZ pacers. Since he will be bowling to batsmen who are used to playing 6'2" pacers with such bounce a lot, that factor alone won't be good enough once the novelty factor wears off.

Prasidh is of a similar height and bounce but 10 kph faster.  Which is why I would prefer Prasidh as the tall bouncy pacer till the time we find someone with more height and bounce.

i am really worried about facing nortje, rabada and olivier now in s.africa. its actually a tough series for us. sure we do play better on bouncy wickets but olivier is capable of replicating kyle with his inswinging deliveries that we struggle with. 

We need a player like him in our side. 6'5 with good bounce and ability to move the ball. ishant never really used his height well.