Jump to content
express bowling

Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

 

This is the big risk of playing too medium pacers on flat tracks without grip. 

 

Playing Bhuvi and Harshal together in Australia can be a big risk.

Harshal was exceedingly poor today. Was bowling fulltoss after fulltoss and getting carted. Umran too bowled two no balls which is something he should promptly correct.

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Harshal was exceedingly poor today. Was bowling fulltoss after fulltoss and getting carted. Umran too bowled two no balls which is something he should promptly correct.

all th einternational t20 I have seen form Harshal..he bowls too many full tosses..kick him out..Umran gave much confidence to me..with his pace\yorker as compared to this so called experienced(domestic\IPL) trundler..

Link to comment
26 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

These harshals n bhuvis are not going to do it in Australia. 

any god hitting batting line up will take them to the cleaners..like England\Australia..assuming they may add Tim David to bolster th ebatting which already have Maxwell..Stoinis..

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Hindi commentators going on and on about Umran's lack of accuracy.

 

But hardly any mention when Bhuvi and Harshal went at 14 runs an over.

 

 

I think Umran bowled fine today..given his debut series...and less domestic experience + cold conditions..

looked like he held himself back..may be trundler seniors and trundler loving TM talking to him..

this guy need good mentorship to keep being agressive and develop control at express speeds and not reduce pace..

let him get more conistent with yorkers..occassional shot balls..and get good control over stock ball..

give him whatever time he needs..plus good field placements..but dont ask him to compromise on express pace..

Edited by Need4Speed
Link to comment
Just now, Need4Speed said:

I think Umran bowled fine today..given his debut series...and less domestic experience + cold conditions..

looked like he held himself back..may be trundler seniors and trundler loving TM talking to him..

this guy need good mentorship to keep being agressive and develop control at express speeds and not reduce pace..

let him get more conistent with yorkers..occassional shot balls..and get good control over stock ball..

give him whatever time he needs..but dont ask him to compromise on express pace..

What is his stock delivery? For me Umesh while coming up  a decade ago was much more impressive than this guy.He had everything but unfortunately could never overcome his penchant of leaking boundaries.

Link to comment

Umran bowls only two lengths at the moment, a half volley and a short bal, touch players can really take him apart, needs to find a good length that he can bowl consistently, pace is ok, the speeds lockie and him clocked im the IPL were outliers dont expect him to clock anywhere neat that high in international cricket around the world.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What is his stock delivery? For me Umesh while coming up  a decade ago was much more impressive than this guy.He had everything but unfortunately could never overcome his penchant of leaking boundaries.

i dont know what is his stock ball..its more of a suggestion to develop some stock ball..so he can continuously practice it and become good with it..what should be best stock ball for Umran...I always prefer short of good length in general around off stump..but given his avg height.any more experienced members can suggest?

I always liked the outswing capability of Umesh..but him and Ishant..always looked..clueless to me..when under the hammer..Umran looks very young and agressive..to me..who can be groomed well..Umesh didnt fulfil his potential..even he could have done better in batting as well..has some good connection ability..

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, the don said:

Umran bowls only two lengths at the moment, a half volley and a short bal, touch players can really take him apart, needs to find a good length that he can bowl consistently, pace is ok, the speeds lockie and him clocked im the IPL were outliers dont expect him to clock anywhere neat that high in international cricket around the world.

Well said,  I don't think he has any stock delivery other than occasional yorker.I don't think batsman would be suprised by his short ball as he has to bang in pretty short to get the desired bounce.

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Well said,  I don't think he has any stock delivery other than occasional yorker.I don't think batsman would be suprised by his short ball as he has to bang in pretty short to get the desired bounce.

yes then he cant progress much if he doesnt develop stock delivery..it needs to be done first..some wants him to play test without stock delivery

Link to comment

Usually players from big cities they work with some local coaches and get groomed..unfortunately Umran..has had a late entry to professional cricket..and been without proper coaching(that helped him to keep raw pace as well)..so lacked so consistent stok bowling..its upto BCCI on how to develop him further..as he is a clean slate and has bright prospect

Link to comment
1 hour ago, the don said:

Umran bowls only two lengths at the moment, a half volley and a short bal, touch players can really take him apart, needs to find a good length that he can bowl consistently, pace is ok, the speeds lockie and him clocked im the IPL were outliers dont expect him to clock anywhere neat that high in international cricket around the world.

thats ok ....if he had everything he wud have been the greatest fast bowler of the world. U dnt get readymade products ......players develop with time. 

What he has is enough currently to play at international...............rest everything comes with time. On his days he can win u games from nowhere thats what shud matter 

Also for his speed he has quite a decent control - u can only compare his speed to likes of guys who did bowl at this speed not the ones who bowled 10-20km slower then him. 

 

Also why wont he clock same speed around the world ?? Would his legs change when he wud play international or does some superpower come to him when he plays IPL ?

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Need4Speed said:

Usually players from big cities they work with some local coaches and get groomed..unfortunately Umran..has had a late entry to professional cricket..and been without proper coaching(that helped him to keep raw pace as well)..so lacked so consistent stok bowling..its upto BCCI on how to develop him further..as he is a clean slate and has bright prospect


he needs a foreign coach like Bond, Malinga, Steyn etc or a proven guy like Bharat Arun who did great things with the Indian pace attack.

 

I think the fast bowling  coaches or coaches in general at the very basic level are alright especially from smaller cities, it’s only at the domestics-international level where they screw things up because most of them are babus and chamcha. Not painting everyone with the same brush but I would assume they will be a minority.

 

BCCI with all the money in the world hires Mhambrey as the bowling coach. I don’t even know the name of the coach under Laxman.

Edited by maniac
Link to comment
6 hours ago, the don said:

Umran bowls only two lengths at the moment, a half volley and a short bal, touch players can really take him apart, needs to find a good length that he can bowl consistently, pace is ok, the speeds lockie and him clocked im the IPL were outliers dont expect him to clock anywhere neat that high in international cricket around the world.

Agreed. We need Pakistani coach to teach us how to manage pace bowlers. Yes agreed. He bowled on tampered guns. It was rigged. He cant get up to 157 at all. Only in psl it's possible. They are genuinely fast there. If rauf is 150-154 then umran has to be 145-150 only. 4 5 kmph less. 

Link to comment

Umran isn't a finished product yet, but instead of grinding him into the unresponsive pitches of India, tours against the likes of Ireland, Bangladesh, Srilanka, Windies etc is the way forward.

He reminds me of Umesh Yadav when he toured Australia in 2012-13, was erratic but fast and attacking. Umran has the similar ability and he needs experienced bowlers around to guide him for sometime before he matures.

Umran will learn a lot from Bumrah and Shami, once he play regularly alongside them. 

Link to comment
6 hours ago, maniac said:


he needs a foreign coach like Bond, Malinga, Steyn etc or a proven guy like Bharat Arun who did great things with the Indian pace attack.

 

I think the fast bowling  coaches or coaches in general at the very basic level are alright especially from smaller cities, it’s only at the domestics-international level where they screw things up because most of them are babus and chamcha. Not painting everyone with the same brush but I would assume they will be a minority.

 

BCCI with all the money in the world hires Mhambrey as the bowling coach. I don’t even know the name of the coach under Laxman.

we were saying similar things about Arun though, how do we know how good Mhambrey is or isn't? Coaching fast bowlers is not the same as coaching and nurturing batsmen, it is more instinctive and personal with a greater man management component imo.

A little known guy like Lalchand Rajput did wonders with the team in 2007 too. As fans we can be guilty of going too far in either direction when evaluating coaches. 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...