Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I would like the selectors to groom Mohsin Khan for the bowling all-rounder's slot at 8 for white ball cricket.

Shardul may come back at 8 in the playing 11 in the ODIs vs the WI. But he will weaken the hostility of the pace bowling unit that was on display in England.

And hope to see Mohsin play FC cricket too  

a pity if shardul comes back. his bowling is roughly on par with Pandu in ODIs, without the benefit of being equally good at batting. has a higher avg and ER, and only SR is better.

would rather see best bowlers play irrespective of their batting

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Want to see whether Arshdeep can generate zip and bounce off thd deck on the WI pitches, if he gets a chance.  IMO, this will be the key to his international success. 

Does he have a good bumper ?

WI pitches are hard to do this. look at current Bang series. even if he does not do well, one should cut him some slack for this reason.

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I would like the selectors to groom Mohsin Khan for the bowling all-rounder's slot at 8 for white ball cricket.

Shardul may come back at 8 in the playing 11 in the ODIs vs the WI. But he will weaken the hostility of the pace bowling unit that was on display in England.

Our bowlers wer3 fatigued in that last test vs england. Useless batsmen couldn't bat for time. Proper rest in between innings and bowlers would have bowled with high intensity. Team sport ? Ffs

Edited by Jay
3 hours ago, express bowling said:

I am really curious to see how he develops further.. he is definitely a potential candidate at 8 as you said

14 hours ago, Vijy said:

it may work in SL, where he can rely on pressure applied by spinners on other end, but it will be badly found out on true bounce pitches as in Oz

16 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Hasan Ali has bowled between 79 and 83 mph this test.  Very impressed by his intelligence.  He knows he's going to be the midgetiest of midgets and his pace is never going to be 140 + so he has been extremely accurate, looked to move the ball etc. 

Good stuff 

Hassan ali bowling is well suited for subcontinent pitches . 

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

There are many bowlers around the world who are not good with the bat. The degree of badness with our guys is where the problem is. If there were to be a team full of no 11s, Prasidh would be no 11 there too. To make matters worse. Siraj would be no 10 and Chahal would be no 9.

Shami and Bumrah have improved their batting significantly and this is a big plus for us.

This is what I want to see ... proper pacers developing their batting. 

Picking weak pacers for their batting is a not a good methodology for team selection. 

Edited by express bowling
38 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shami and Bumrah have improved their batting significantly and this is a big plus for us.

This is what I want to see ... proper pacers developing their batting. 

Picking weak pacers for their batting is a not a good methodology for team selection. 

they are still no. 10 type bats in top teams. certainly nowhere near starc and cummins batting-wise. or even early- and mid-career southee. maybe on the level of boult though.

On 7/19/2022 at 10:50 AM, Vijy said:

they are still no. 10 type bats in top teams. certainly nowhere near starc and cummins batting-wise. or even early- and mid-career southee. maybe on the level of boult though.

More than comparing with others, if they can score a few runs or hang on with a proper batter, it would serve our purpose. 

Edited by express bowling
7 hours ago, express bowling said:

More than comparing with others, if they can score a few runs or hang on with a proper batter, it would serve pur purpose. 

I think the bowlers are a lost cause as far as batting goes, much as the batters are with respect to bowling. hence, it is important to select bowlers and batters for their primary skill and not pseudo-ARs who can bat or bowl a bit. selection of boobi, harshal, thakur, chahar is problematic for this reason