Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

42 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Will look forward to your feedback on the young Bengaluru quicks. 

It was wonderful to see Umran bowl with control while keeping his pace intact and gaining bounce and movement.

Some people were complaining about his performances in earlier games. They don't understand that it is just the process of getting ready an uncut diamond. 

I am so happy that he is working on his stock ball and not trying too many things. As we always say, it's FC Cricket which does it. 

Sen's FC performance hasn't been as good as Avesh. Needs to improve on his line a bit more.

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Sen's FC performance hasn't been as good as Avesh. Needs to improve on his line a bit more.

In his first spell, it's my impression that the problem was length. Sen was overpitching a big too often.

Line became an issue when he went for short pitched bowling. 

And, as @MultiB48 said earlier, bowling to left handers is an issue with all these young quicks. Needs to practice this aspect. 

41 minutes ago, express bowling said:

In his first spell, it's my impression that the problem was length. Sen was overpitching a big too often.

Line became an issue when he went for short pitched bowling. 

And, as @MultiB48 said earlier, bowling to left handers is an issue with all these young quicks. Needs to practice this aspect. 

In first class, it's more about consistency even if you have pace. Bowling in corridor of uncertainty is important to become a low averaging first class bowler. 

Edited by rkt.india
7 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Commentators said one thing just at the start of Umran's last over 
"All this pace and speed is good for ooh, aah and excitements, but you need to stick to a length and pitch the ball there with accuracy for wickets".

Kaash koi jaake unse mike cheen le and shove it in their a##% these stupid people rather than encouraging these young pacers..bc krte rehte hain..

the same trundler line and length they like..jisko Asif Ali ek taang nikaal k stadium k bahar tanga deta hai..

5 hours ago, Mosher said:

Highlights and replay of full day  available on Hotstar. Highlights also available on bcci website.

https://www.bcci.tv/videos/5557531/irani-cup-2022-final-saurashtra-v-rest-of-india-day-1-match-highlights?tagNames=2022

i saw the ROI bowling ( mukesh, sen and Umran)

my 2 cents-

i thought that the pitch would be a green dangerous Pitch but I am surprised the Pitch looks a Kind of a batting Pitch. Pace bowlers can be effective on this pitch for first 15 overs after that its a batsman's game on such a pitch-cant call it a flat PATTA but a pitch which has some thing for the new ball bowlers and then hardly anything.

Mukesh seems a 128K to 136K Pacer but he seems to have some control over his pace and was bowling full length to grab wickets , asking batsman to snick and slips were ready to grab.

i liked that he had good control over his line n length but he was kind of a trundler and this kind of trundler can be huge success in indian domestic cricket but wont succeed in international cricket unless he goes one level up in Pace. Has similar Pace like BHuvi and Deepak Chahar and has less swing than both. Long story short if i am a selector i wont keep him in my RADAR.

Kuldeep definitely bowled probably as fast as Umran Malik but he was bowling outside but since he was fast , he was not easy to play. i am sure he bowled between 132 to 147K today. I was very impressed by the bounce he was getting and he was so fast that he was beating all batsman with his Pace....he got PUJARA of one ball whch was fast and on 7th stump and pujara went for the shot but it was a 145K ball, pujara just snicked it to first Slip and was caught. though kuldeep gave some leg bye's etc. but i think he is serious talent and little more control and he could be even more deadly than Umran as he is tall and gets bounce easily. if i am a selector ,  I will keep a very close watch on him and will back him fully and if he looks to have got his mojo , play him for India too in some format.

Umran did bowl one yorker which must be 147K+ and probably one of his fastest balls , he was not bowling at his fastest and seems to be trying to get some control over his line and length( this is great news). umran seems to be bowling a shade slower than his capability and probably he wants better control. i think he is progressing well. i will back him fully.

I saw the highlights and whatever I could see of Sen and Umran..gave me much joy..

Bounce for Sen with good pace and

Umran’s pace beating bat and hitting timber..

ofc as others said..there is scope for improvement but the more matches they play..more consistent and accurate they become..

They will be lethal once they achieve it..

They need to be backed continuously.

11 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i saw the ROI bowling ( mukesh, sen and Umran)

my 2 cents-

i thought that the pitch would be a green dangerous Pitch but I am surprised the Pitch looks a Kind of a batting Pitch. Pace bowlers can be effective on this pitch for first 15 overs after that its a batsman's game on such a pitch-cant call it a flat PATTA but a pitch which has some thing for the new ball bowlers and then hardly anything.

Mukesh seems a 128K to 136K Pacer but he seems to have some control over his pace and was bowling full length to grab wickets , asking batsman to snick and slips were ready to grab.

i liked that he had good control over his line n length but he was kind of a trundler and this kind of trundler can be huge success in indian domestic cricket but wont succeed in international cricket unless he goes one level up in Pace. Has similar Pace like BHuvi and Deepak Chahar and has less swing than both. Long story short if i am a selector i wont keep him in my RADAR.

Kuldeep definitely bowled probably as fast as Umran Malik but he was bowling outside but since he was fast , he was not easy to play. i am sure he bowled between 132 to 147K today. I was very impressed by the bounce he was getting and he was so fast that he was beating all batsman with his Pace....he got PUJARA of one ball whch was fast and on 7th stump and pujara went for the shot but it was a 145K ball, pujara just snicked it to first Slip and was caught. though kuldeep gave some leg bye's etc. but i think he is serious talent and little more control and he could be even more deadly than Umran as he is tall and gets bounce easily. if i am a selector ,  I will keep a very close watch on him and will back him fully and if he looks to have got his mojo , play him for India too in some format.

Umran did bowl one yorker which must be 147K+ and probably one of his fastest balls , he was not bowling at his fastest and seems to be trying to get some control over his line and length( this is great news). umran seems to be bowling a shade slower than his capability and probably he wants better control. i think he is progressing well. i will back him fully.

Agree with your observations on Kuldeep and Mukesh.

However, beg to differ regarding the speed of Umran. I think he was bowling very close to his fastest. Every ball that I saw by him was in the 145 k to 150 k on domestic speedguns ( which always gives 3 kph to 5 kph slower readings ).  Umran must have touched 153 k/ 155 k yesterday and never dropped below 147k. 

Anx this pitch is slow but the zip and carry he got was tremendous. The best part is the accuracy he has gained while bowling at his quickest.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

What do you think of kuldeep

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I would advise him to bowl from middle of the crease instead of going close to the stumps. 

I have seen him moving both ways,while outswinging it he needs to be close to stumps and a little wide while bringing in

@rkt.india
what are you pointing at ,do you want him to straighten up while bowling mid of the crease as he looks to be predominantly an outswing bowler

Edited by Suhaan
2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

I have seen him moving both ways,while outswinging it he needs to be close to stumps and a little wide while bringing in

@rkt.india
what are you pointing at ,do you want him to straighten up while bowling mid of the crease as he looks to be predominantly an outswing bowler

It's about having a right mechanism and balance at the crease. He will move the ball both ways. He is a hip dominant bowler and backfoot lands quite straight. So his backfoot must point towards batsman when landing and not wicketkeeper. It will help his balance on the crease and front foot landing straight and fall away to the left. The reasons at times strays too wide outside off too and then in an attempt to correct that pushes the ball on the pads because he is landing too straight and bowling arm following the same direction and end up bowling too straight on the pads and in attempt to avoid that he gets too wider and at times loses his length to along with the line. 

Edited by rkt.india
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Agree with your observations on Kuldeep and Mukesh.

However, beg to differ regarding the speed of Umran. I think he was bowling very close to his fastest. Every ball that I saw by him was in the 145 k to 150 k on domestic speedguns ( which always gives 3 kph to 5 kph slower readings ).  Umran must have touched 153 k/ 155 k yesterday and never dropped below 147k. 

Anx this pitch is slow but the zip and carry he got was tremendous. The best part is the accuracy he has gained while bowling at his quickest.

Bro- i just saw the highlights , you could be correct as you may have seen him Live.

Thats what I am saying if the Pitch is a fastish Australian wicket- this guy can be faster then CUmmins and Left arm mitchell starc and if he gets his line n length right , he will pick 3 wickets in 4 overs for sure...he could be as deadly as Jasprit if he gets his mojo 

i am equally excited about Kuldeep Sen- both these guys are equally talented as shade more than Prasidh, avesh. Siraj always keeps his energy high even in his last spell so kuldeep and umran are the one's who could be bowling for india along with SIRAJ , Prasidh, Avesh Khan too.

Edited by vishalvirsingh
33 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Bro- i just saw the highlights , you could be correct as you may have seen him Live.

Thats what I am saying if the Pitch is a fastish Australian wicket- this guy can be faster then CUmmins and Left arm mitchell starc and if he gets his line n length right , he will pick 3 wickets in 4 overs for sure...he could be as deadly as Jasprit if he gets his mojo 

i am equally excited about Kuldeep Sen- both these guys are equally talented as shade more than Prasidh, avesh. Siraj always keeps his energy high even in his last spell so kuldeep and umran are the one's who could be bowling for india along with SIRAJ , Prasidh, Avesh Khan too.

I think we can have a great pace attack if we focus on these bowlers only ....

Specislist pacers .....

Bumrah

Shami

Siraj 

Prasidh

Umran

Tyagi

Sen

Mohsin

Pacer -Allrounders ....

Hardik

Bawa