Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

52 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Don't understand the incessant short ball strategy by Vihari. 

Need to give ball to umran or sen and tell them.to attack stumps and bowl around good length tail.never likes it,with occasional short ball or yorker

Edited by vayuu1
On 10/3/2022 at 10:01 AM, nsareen said:

Yes short is fine, however if he stays fit & adds some skills, he can be a useful short format bowler atleast if not longer formats.  He has been posting videos on Instagram with his physique & drills, he has put on some weight / muscle in his legs / thighs, hopefully he comes good & atleast becomes a contender. It's all similar to the gambling I sometimes do here - try it, I recommend it! 

He probably started doing that after reports of the need for his improvements. Still, I like the fact that a person is working on himself, it deserves respect.

Edited by RiderJake
45 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

This is a good pitch ,not too much help for the spinners unlike most in india.Problem for indian pacers have been that they dont often face such conditions ,most of the time the ball starts to spin and the spinners just dominate or the pitch is too slow to get a result,so they dont develop as bowlers.Here the pitch flattened out but it's not too dry and the ball comes on to the bat, stroke play becomes easy,which means the pacers need to learn how to bowl and cant just hide behind the spinners or go through the motions like in drawn match.

Agree. It is a slow pitch. Not much bounce too. Rajkot is usually a batting pitch.

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

" 29 year old "   Mukesh Kumar looks about Dhoni's age.     :phehe:

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

Unadkat sweeps " pacer "  Mukesh Kumar for a  4     :phehe:

Imagine a tail ender sweeping..they won't ven sweep spinners. This Mukesh is a slow bopper then slow military medium. Pathetic selection lol. He is going to play odi right.

I think I might just sit out this dravid era.

5 hours ago, RiderJake said:

He probably started doing that after reports of the need for his improvements. Still, I like the fact that a person is working on himself, it deserves respect.

he also has potential with bat if he develops that aspect..will favor him and team even more..a good fielder too

Edited by Need4Speed
11 hours ago, Vilander said:

Imagine a tail ender sweeping..they won't ven sweep spinners. This Mukesh is a slow bopper then slow military medium. Pathetic selection lol. He is going to play odi right.

I think I might just sit out this dravid era.

Mukesh is not that slow bowls mid 130s.

Kuldeep Sen  8 wickets in this big match.  Fifer in the 2nd innings.

He has a few crucial factors needed for wicket taking 

.....  High pace

..... Ability to sustain pace while bowling throughout the day

..... Steep snd sudden bounce from length

..... 6'2" height

..... Ability to move the ball both ways at pace .. big inswingers and small away goers 

.... Good indipping and quick yorker

.... Ability to bowl 6 bouncers / short balls an over without tiring, when captain goes for bouncer barrage strategy

If he can cut down the boundary balls, he will be a big bowler for India

Edited by express bowling