Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

43 minutes ago, the don said:

Cricviz data places naseem as one of the 5 fastest test bowlers in terms of average pace, so he clearly maintains his pace. The data is there for consumption.

I think this data was after his first test series in Australia when Naseem was bowling 140 k to 147 k consistently. It covered many years but most of them were before his debut. 

After that series, he has been up and down in terms of pace in tests. Bowled 135 k to 145 k vs Australia in Pakistan But was much slower earlier vs NZ and later vs SL.

Edited by express bowling
37 minutes ago, the don said:

No it wasnt, he bowled beautifully last match and was way quicker in terms of average.

As a fast bowling fan, I was actually a bit disappointed with the way Naseem bowled.

And as an Indian fan I liked the way he was bowling.  He wasn't really making the ball fly on a bouncy and fast pitch. 

Rauf was the pacer I was uncomfortable with as an Indian fan. 

I got the feeling that Naseem was looking to stop runs primarily.

27 minutes ago, the don said:

Pakistan should play hasnain/ wasim at perth in place of Asif Ali. Even Australia have struggled with the pace and bounce here.

Wasim is pathetic...  At least lassan ali can move it...  He bowls gun barrel straight. 

Hasnain would be perfect for Perth 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

why has pakistan not invested in Faheem ashraf when they knew the Wc was in Aus ?? 

Faheem ashrafs form has completely deserted him in domestics. Even tho he is a good player of short bowling but he did not bowl well enough and got injured too.

15 hours ago, the don said:

He was bowling 140 kph in tests vs australia in unforgiving Pakistani conditions.

Naseem has a lot more in the tank. He came on the scene as a 146-146 kph bowler but has focussed on a stock delivery, will get quicker in a year or two.

Bhai, I have seen him. He doesnt reach the high pace in tests you are talking about. I think you people have forgotten about the Aussie series when it became a rather embarassment for Pakistan team at the kind of pace bowlers were bowling at. 

But lets see. Lets wait a few years. I would be more than happy if he performs consistently or goes faster than what he is now. Experience tells me, he will not.

7 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Bhai, I have seen him. He doesnt reach the high pace in tests you are talking about. I think you people have forgotten about the Aussie series when it became a rather embarassment for Pakistan team at the kind of pace bowlers were bowling at. 

But lets see. Lets wait a few years. I would be more than happy if he performs consistently or goes faster than what he is now. Experience tells me, he will not.

Have a look at crickviz data for last 5 years, instead of just saying whatever comes to mind. Im talking about documented facts. 
In the aussie series he was quicker than Starc and Cummins.

4 hours ago, the don said:

Have a look at crickviz data for last 5 years, instead of just saying whatever comes to mind. Im talking about documented facts. 
In the aussie series he was quicker than Starc and Cummins.

He has made debut in 2019, has played a total of 13 test matches and you are quoting stats for 5 yrs? Talk sensibly. 

Arshdeep was consistently  135 k to 141 k today. Lots of balls at 140 / 141 k.

Bowled 3 hostile short balls ... one fetched a wicket ... another hit the batter on the helmet. And I like it especially because this pitch was slow.

Bowled lots of 140 k+ yorkers and attempted yorkers too ... got a wicket with one ... batter almost fell down tackling another yorker.

Edited by express bowling