Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

That was a rare happening and probably the only match I have seen this happen in recent times.

Happened probably due to cloud cover.

This T20 World Cup has seen more swing than any T20 World Cup since 2010.

In the last 2 years at the Oval, there were 2 ODIs , SL in 2021 and India in 2022. There was more swing in the first 10 overs of these 2 ODIs than any ODI since 2013 at the Oval.

Even one of the T20's in England, Bhuvaneshwar and Arshdeep destroyed England with record levels of swing. 

This is not a one off. 

Check Jarrod Kimber's videos on YouTube about the decline in PP batting in the last 2 years and he talks about the new kookaburra having an extra layer of lacquer 

48 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Yes, exception few pacers like him
But snap of wrists cause overspin,in case of spinners it dips due to time of flight

Fast bowlers get backspin on the ball not overspin or topspin. 

With backspin,  the ball does not dip, it rather floats fuller than a ball without backspin would. But on bouncing I would rear up higher than you expect. 

However , an angled seam and putting spin with that angle would have a horizontal component as well.

This would create drift with the angle and therefore maximizes lateral movement in the air as well

9 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

This T20 World Cup has seen more swing than any T20 World Cup since 2010.

In the last 2 years at the Oval, there were 2 ODIs , SL in 2021 and India in 2022. There was more swing in the first 10 overs of these 2 ODIs than any ODI since 2013 at the Oval.

Even one of the T20's in England, Bhuvaneshwar and Arshdeep destroyed England with record levels of swing. 

This is not a one off. 

Check Jarrod Kimber's videos on YouTube about the decline in PP batting in the last 2 years and he talks about the new kookaburra having an extra layer of lacquer 

do share that video , love jarrod kimber's work

26 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

get backspin on the ball not overspin

Yes,i meant that just chose wrong term,but what you are talking about wrist snap desnt add substantial to swing,it is almost same for regular bowlers all the factors come into picture their as well 

Only peculiar thing it does is extract extra kick from the surface

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

https://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1160615/how-kookaburra-balls-came-to-rule-the-world

He says they have reenforced the seam ,than add extra lacquer on the white ball.But kookaburra hasn't officially confirmed anything.Then there is the snehal Pradhan article in 2018 where she hints about it.

This change happened in the 2020/21 season. I believe JK also has a graph showing decline in PP batting numbers as well.  They changed the red kookaburra as well. I believe the BG Trophy we played was the first series with the new kookaburra red ball. 

There was an article which pretty much confirmed that the red ball had been modified . 

Nothing about the white ball though it is pretty clear it's significantly different from what it used to be. 

Edited by Nikhil_cric
1 hour ago, the don said:

Most balls bowled at 140+ in 2022

1-Pakistan 43%
2-Srilanka 18%
3-England 17%
4-Australia 14%
5-Newzealand 11%

india have a serviceable medium pace attack but gets the job done for them albeit not very exciting.

Do you feel like boasting about your pace after losing to Zimbabwe and getting bounced out by our supposed medium pacers  in 2 recent matches  !!!!

The purpose of 140 k+ bowling is to win big series and tournaments. When Indians started bowling 140 k+ In tests we Won 2 Test Series in Australia and Drew a Test Series in England. And we felt happy.  

As a Fast bowling fan, I feel like hiding the above data.

Edited by express bowling
55 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Do you feel like boasting about your pace after losing to Zimbabwe and getting bounced out by our supposed medium pacers  in 2 recent matches  !!!!

The purpose of 140 k+ bowling is to win big series and tournaments. When Indians started bowling 140 k+ In tests we Won 2 Test Series in Australia and Drew a Test Series in England. And we felt happy.  

As a Fast bowling fan, I feel like hiding the above data.

140 plus deliveries are not the reason for our defeats. Against india shaheen was trundling and got hit, rauf conceded six of slower deliveries.

Shaheen got hit vs zimb but wasnt bowling 140 plus. 
These bowlers have won us games with their pace. Shaheen bowling over 140 is a beast, wasim was bowling 145 yesterday and got 4 wickets. Learn to dissect the stats. That sort of pace is an asset and keeps us competitive, no team has that arsenel.

55 minutes ago, the don said:

140 plus deliveries are not the reason for our defeats. Against india shaheen was trundling and got hit, rauf conceded six of slower deliveries.

These bowlers have won us games with their pace. Shaheen bowling over 140 is a beast, wasim was bowling 145 yesterday and got 4 wickets. Learn to dissect the stats.

A quick and good quality pace attack should be able to .....

1)   Do better than the trundler attacks regularly.

2)   Bowl hostile spells and bounce out good batsmen regularly. 

3)  Make up for the failures of batsmen often enough.

4)  Blow away minnow batting lineups for really low scores on helpful tracks.

Tell me frankly .... are any of the above happening  ??

55 minutes ago, the don said:

That sort of pace is an asset and keeps us competitive, no team has that arsenel.

This sort of pace should definitely be an asset. I too believe so.

But not seeing the results. 

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Why people think we talk about pace with poor length. When we talk about pace, it automatically means expect to be bowling in good areas like people automatically assume trundlers mean accuracy. 

becoz u take names of guys eco are on higher sides and they have lacked performances too  .

I dont think anyone will have a problem with someone skilled and someone who has contol , i mean no one has a problem with bumrah no one

Why do u guys i think i have a problem pace ?? I dont - i love archer , bumrah , shaheen , rauf and current wood. 

Why do u people think trundler means always a bad bowler ?? Or cant see the specific bowler being talked about. Nobody here talked about getting unadkat . I just hate the disregard guys like bhuvi-chahar get just coz they lack pace. Ffs they get the job and thats what matters. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, the don said:

140 plus deliveries are not the reason for our defeats.

I guess Zim was 95/7 at one time in 15 overs...still those bowlers allowed Ryan Burl and Brad Evans to add 35 more runs for 8th wkt.
Yeah 130 wasn't a big target...but you can't excuse your bowlers for their incompetence in closing the deal just because they are bowling 140+

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

becoz u take names of guys eco are on higher sides and they have lacked performances too  .

I dont think anyone will have a problem with someone skilled and someone who has contol , i mean no one has a problem with bumrah no one

Why do u guys i think i have a problem pace ?? I dont - i love archer , bumrah , shaheen , rauf and current wood. 

Why do u people think trundler means always a bad bowler ?? Or cant see the specific bowler being talked about. Nobody here talked about getting unadkat . I just hate the disregard guys like bhuvi-chahar get just coz they lack pace. Ffs they get the job and thats what matters. 

I don't disregard Chahar, Bhubi. They are decent bowlers, just won't win you big tournaments. Chahar has fitness issues too. You need an attack with combination of pace and swing bowlers.

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Chahar isn't disregarded, infact his batting ability at no 8 makes him the best candidate, he's injured unfortunately and that's why Thakur is next closest replacement.
Bhuvi's  disregard is due to his overhype....he is credited much more than what he is, a condition dependent powerplay bowler. On top of that he can't bat/slog and a poor fielder.

10 hours ago, the don said:

These bowlers have won us games with their pace. Shaheen bowling over 140 is a beast, wasim was bowling 145 yesterday and got 4 wickets. Learn to dissect the stats. That sort of pace is an asset and keeps us competitive, no team has that arsenel.

• Reason for Pakistan defeat is mostly batting - pak batsman cant play pace n bounce in Aus and its not this generation they havent enjoyed Aussie conditions ever 
  • About bowling they did get their lengths wrong in 1st 2 overs vs Zimb - but thats baal ki khaal nikalana . Although this cud have hurted more if they wud have faced better sides like England or Aus in those conditions coz they wont crumble like Zimb 
  • Not having a seam bowling all rounder ,subcontinent men Shadab-nawaz are so effective that 6th bowler doesnt get tested much and if it does guys like Itfikhar and khushdil take care of it but tht wont happen in Aus 
  • Shaheen is clearly not match fit 

And if u start digging deep in stats ill mention same thing again our bowlers may lack pace but somehow they have ended up performing better then Pak bowler all 3 last games (including last 2 game of asia cup) . Even SL seamers did better then Pakistan in Asia cup. Somehow pakistan has to find where do they end up leaking more runs then opp fast bowlers despite having all pace and skill and on most occasion even falling short on wkts .