Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

13 hours ago, express bowling said:

It's sad that Sandeep Warrier never got to play for India, when he was in hiz 20s, while we give chances to so many dibbly dobbly pacers. 

Warrier is a tall, hit the deck pacer who extracts life out of most surfaces and bowls with a lot of heart.  He is 31 now and his chance is probably gone.

I dont mind just seeing tall bounce bowlers even if they are under 140. That's absolutely fine. 

If bcci management is allergic to pace then atleast pick bounce based bowlers who hit the deck hard. 

We could potentially have this lineup of

Kuldeep sen

Prasidh krishna

Harshit rana 

I would even take 

Porel

Saini/ishant

Warrier

Over dibble doubly trundlers or fake swingers. 

Just now, speedracer said:

I dont mind just seeing tall bounce bowlers even if they are under 140. That's absolutely fine. 

If bcci management is allergic to pace then atleast pick bounce based bowlers who hit the deck hard. 

Kuldeep sen

Prasidh krishna

Harshit rana 

I would even take 

Porel

Saini/ishant

Warrier

bounce based bowlers need to still be in high 130s to be effective - hence, no porel, ishant, warrier

Edited by Vijy
4 hours ago, speedracer said:

Kuldeep sen

Prasidh krishna

Harshit rana 

I would even take 

Porel

Saini/ishant

Warrier

out of the above kuldeep sen, prasidh krishna and Saini are the one being considered .

Porel is standard domestic cricket under 130K bowler who gets a lil bounce due to his height, but not extra ordinary.

ishant is now slow and probably unfit.

warrier is not doing any thing worth noticing and he is a trundler too.

7 hours ago, speedracer said:

Kuldeep sen

Prasidh krishna

Harshit rana 

I would even take 

Porel

Saini/ishant

Warrier

World Cricket has been dominated by WI and then Australia in tests snd ODIs from 1976 to 2015. 

And both these teams mostly used tall, hit the deck pacers who got bounce. Marshall and Harris were the only shorter top pacers and both were quick. No floaty swing bowlers were used barring Bracken for some time. 

If India want to dominate tests and ODIs, the way forwards is tall, hit the deck pacers who are 135 k+ consistently. Only Bumrah and Umran should be retained from shorter pacers 

Bumrah, Umran, Prasidh, Sen, Tyagi, Mohsin .... this will be a good pool.  Bawa, Hangargekar, Arjun or Unadkat used at 8 only in SENA.

Edited by express bowling
6 hours ago, express bowling said:

World Cricket has been dominated by WI and then Australia in tests snd ODIs from 1976 to 2015. 

And both these teams mostly used tall, hit the deck pacers who got bounce. Marshall and Harris were the only shorter top pacers and both were quick. No floaty swing bowlers were used barring Bracken for some time. 

If India want to dominate tests and ODIs, the way forwards is tall, hit the deck pacers who are 135 k+ consistently. Only Bumrah and Umran should be retained from shorter pacers 

Bumrah, Umran, Prasidh, Sen, Tyagi, Mohsin .... this will be a good pool.  Bawa, Hangargekar, Arjun or Unadkat used at 8 only in SENA.

marshall was in a class by himself, even more so than ambrose and garner (both of whom also avg <21). if we can find a bowler like him, that would be a miracle - boom is close, though, not exactly the same caliber.

11 hours ago, Vijy said:

marshall was in a class by himself, even more so than ambrose and garner (both of whom also avg <21). if we can find a bowler like him, that would be a miracle - boom is close, though, not exactly the same caliber.

Boom needs a better captain. Under a good captain he won't falter in big games under pressure. That WtC FINAL was absolutely horrendous. We literally lost cause of our woeful batting and bumrahs bowling. Everyone else bowled well. Everyone.siraj was in red hor form at the time and should have played. Had we played siraj, I am certain we would have won that game. 

If he just came back from injury then why rush him??

1 hour ago, speedracer said:

Boom needs a better captain. Under a good captain he won't falter in big games under pressure. That WtC FINAL was absolutely horrendous. We literally lost cause of our woeful batting and bumrahs bowling. Everyone else bowled well. Everyone.siraj was in red hor form at the time and should have played. Had we played siraj, I am certain we would have won that game. 

If he just came back from injury then why rush him??

Brat and bewda probably made him play.

11 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Avinash bowling in a casual net session... Not sure how latest this is....  Similar load up like Umran.  Looks like bowling within himself here. 

ot 

I hope he will not start trundling by bowling well within his limits

48 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I hope he will not start trundling by bowling well within his limits

He is getting massive hype due to his pace...  I don't think he will bowl slow.  Those who have played him have already compared Umran with him.  RCB folks have said he is capable of bowling 150 plus.  

Only thing is if RCB will give him a chance straightaway. 

23 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

He is getting massive hype due to his pace...  I don't think he will bowl slow.  Those who have played him have already compared Umran with him.  RCB folks have said he is capable of bowling 150 plus.  

Only thing is if RCB will give him a chance straightaway. 

looking at that video, he didn't seem that quick to me. in earlier videos posted in this thread, he was visibly much faster. that's why I was wondering if he wants to trundle

2 points, from the recent meeting of the top honchos, may spell doom for young quicks ....

1)  Only a 20 player pool for ODIs before the WC ....  This means Sen won't be considered and Umran maybe thrown out too.

2)  Emerging players have to play a substantial part of the domestic season before they can be considered for India.

So, a young quick who maybe warming the bench in the Indian squad in T20Is, and missing the Ranji matches as a result, will not be considered for tests even if he looks good to play tests.

Our domestic season for a particular format is very short these days. An emerging player, who misses most of the season due to injury, won't be considered.  

So Prasidh Krishna or Kuldeep Sen or Umran Malik have to play the next year's Ranji Trophy to play tests for India.  We will waste Prasidh and Sen this way as they will grow old.

While all the seniors can just walk into the team even if they are semi fit but willing to play.  

Policy made to protect big names and block youngsters. We will sink even lower with this. 

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Naseem Shah bowling really well with the old ball.

Reversing the ball both ways at 137 k to 142 k and bowling in good areas. 

Picks up 2 wickets.

He is ideal for bowling in tests in Asia ... round arm action and very skiddy. 

His lack of height means he can't trouble batters in Australia in Tests...  But on SA pitches which aid seam movement he can be good option for Poyzz. 

Him & Afridi might do well there. 

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

His lack of height means he can't trouble batters in Australia in Tests...  But on SA pitches which aid seam movement he can be good option for Poyzz. 

Him & Afridi might do well there. 

Agreed. Shaheen is still only good for one spell unfortunately. 

I think with those 2 fully fit they can compete somewhat in SA, maybe England to an extent. Won't work in aus or nz. They should be competitive in Asia. India will beat them badly in Asia and most places and there is. O doubt about that but woth those 2 bowlers operating at optimal levels, I can see them beat nz, SA at home. Aus will be a tough one. England seems to have their number off late.