Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

I am above drinking age and drink every Friday evening   :phehe:

We will all drink this Friday evening to celebrate Umran's 155 kph.   

You are infectious and contagious with the way you promote your love of fast bowling.  You alone have got everyone interested in genuine pace bowling.

I guess I never believed India would really ever get to the stage of producing fast bowling that consistently hit 145+

I enjoy the way you promote them on here, it makes India far more exciting but also intimidating and daunting.

Dont ever underestimate the genuine and real fear of being hurt by a genuine fast bowler, that alone distracts a batsmen compared to any other kind of bowler. You then combine speed, with guile skill and you then have a weapon of mass destruction while bowling.

5 hours ago, tapandrun said:

This set-up seems to be promoting and showing much love towards 130kmphish bowler, Umran too clocked 150+ only once.

He is slower than what he was bowling in IPls, no sharp bouncer on batters' noggin. He was hitting all Ind super stars on their lids v.consistently.

Nothing of that kind in Intl. matches

In last 5-6 years Ind has come-up so far in fast bowling that at one time they were considered as the best bowling attack and there were results to show for it.

Not sure why they are going back to Trundlers when there are many high pace and 2-3 v.high pace bowlers. If this mind-set remains for 3/4 years Ind pace bowling will be on their old ways of having 125Kmph bowlers opening the bowling for Ind and other teams non-regular AR bowling faster then them

I think he is entering into Nortje Ferguson category...  He knows he can bowl fast but timing is necessary.  In the final over we clearly saw him rip.  Also he had no cushion whatsover.  Spinners & Harshal were hell bent on ruining everything. 

Overall he showed immense accuracy for a newbie.  Even Akhtar wasn't accurate. 

Lee maybe comes close. 

31 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

No way do I believe Thompson bowled 160kmhr.

IIRC the way fast bowlers speed was recorded back then is very different compared to today.

Exactly my thoughts !

Infact, the 1979 competition was the only recorded speed test of that era.

Thomson 147.x kph ,  Holding 141 kph, Imran 139 kph were the fastest. Robert's was around that 140 k mark too as his fastest. 

When batters had to face those speeds without helmets and wearing poor protective gears and without any practice against bowling machines set at 150 k, they seemed quicker.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Exactly my thoughts !

Infact, the 1979 competition was the only recorded speed test of that era.

Thomson 147.x kph ,  Holding 141 kph, Imran 139 kph were the fastest. Robert's was around that 140 k mark too as his fastest. 

When batters had to face those speeds without helmets and wearing poor protective gears and without any practice against bowling machines set at 150 k, they seemed quicker.

Im sure you have seen this, given your passion and love of Fast Bowling.

This is a documentary of the first fast bowling measurements taken in Australia.

Edited by SRT100
34 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

You are infectious and contagious with the way you promote your love of fast bowling.  You alone have got everyone interested in genuine pace bowling.

I guess I never believed India would really ever get to the stage of producing fast bowling that consistently hit 145+

I enjoy the way you promote them on here, it makes India far more exciting but also intimidating and daunting.

Thanks for your kind words. You have been a wonderful poster too. Very logical and modern in your approach to analysing this game.

34 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Dont ever underestimate the genuine and real fear of being hurt by a genuine fast bowler, that alone distracts a batsmen compared to any other kind of bowler. You then combine speed, with guile skill and you then have a weapon of mass destruction while bowling.

All dominating teams of the past had intimidating and hostile pace attacks and attacking batsmen. They destroyed their opposition mentally and made it difficult for them to put up fights even. This is the key to domination in cricket  

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

97-99 mph is definitely doable if he is carefully groomed, and assuming he gets to play in aus/SA

Also pak will claim a victory vicariously because umran is a Muslim lol. Will be funny if he breaks shoaibs record. They will be crying for aeons.

One little tiny saving grace for the brethren from bikhari land. Umran I still think is the beginning. There will be more to come through. India progressively has gotten better overtime since 2000. Reached the pinnacle by being the best bowling attack from 2015  - 2022 until this birdbrain dravid took over. Classless idiot. 

Edited by speedracer
1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Easily. It will required dedication, eating properly, weight training correctly and practice in the nets. Need a good fast bowling coach to take care of him too.

Umran is already very strong. Look at his physique. He Is well built for his age group. Strong as an ox. He is like umesh who has a monster physique. Now umran just need a to fine tune and diet plus do strength and conditioning pertaining to what the sport demands. 

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Fast bowling is life. There is no cricket without fast bowling. Love how merican idiots think it's a sissy sport. One hit by a fast bowler and they will drop their panties and run to play baseball. 

39 minutes ago, speedracer said:

Fast bowling is life. There is no cricket without fast bowling. Love how merican idiots think it's a sissy sport. One hit by a fast bowler and they will drop their panties and run to play baseball. 

Fast bowling is what rekindles life in a dead and docile track..it gives thrills and joy even to a neutral spectators..and invigorates mans primal violent instincts..

1 hour ago, speedracer said:

Umran is already very strong. Look at his physique. He Is well built for his age group. Strong as an ox. He is like umesh who has a monster physique. Now umran just need a to fine tune and diet plus do strength and conditioning pertaining to what the sport demands. 

You just literally reworded exactly what I said and passed it off as your comment.

53 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Fast bowling is what rekindles life in a dead and docile track..it gives thrills and joy even to a neutral spectators..and invigorates mans primal violent instincts..

I have done bungee jumping, sky diving, diving (general). Have done contact sports and karate etc. Nothing is as scary as facing a fast intimidating bowler who aims at your head. 

Jholaa bhaap whatever analyst here thinks fast bowlers who can bowl intimidating short balls are easy to face for elite batsmen lol. Yea right. Root, smith and Kane all are susceptible to exactly that specific type of bowler. A bowler who can bowl a fast accurate bouncer. Kohli well he is a mug anyway. Anything outside off is enough.

1 hour ago, speedracer said:

Ignorant post. You obviously have never played Gridiron, Rugby or AFL, where physical contact is not only encouraged at every encounter, but to also to hurt the opposition as well. If you do not have the physical build to withstand being hit in these sports, youre literally going to get broken.

Sure cricket can be dangerous, for the most part it isnt. In Gridiron, Rugby and AFL there is real physical danger and injury in every match which is more intimidating than cricket will ever be.

Where your argument fails, is that youre comparing the average person who has never picked up a cricket bat in his life. Most cricketers do not get contact significant injuries yearly at the very least, in the three sports I mentioned above, the players acquire physical injuries due to contact that is part and parcel of the game.

4 minutes ago, speedracer said:

I have done bungee jumping, sky diving, diving (general). Have done contact sports and karate etc. Nothing is as scary as facing a fast intimidating bowler who aims at your head. 

Rubbish.

Try engaging in MMA and get back to me, where you are outsized an out matched skill wise, thats the true form of intimidating sport.

You also have never engaged in Gridiron, Rugby or AFL against opponents that are double your size, strength and speed.

Having done all three, I place cricket in third position at least thats not to say fast bowling is not intimidating, but definitely not in the same league of the sports above.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

All dominating teams of the past had intimidating and hostile pace attacks and attacking batsmen. They destroyed their opposition mentally and made it difficult for them to put up fights even. This is the key to domination in cricket  

Can you explain this to me, why is it, that India have adopted a "mathematical approach" to winning white ball cricket matches, where economy is highly prized criterion over taking wickets, physical and mental intimidation.

The thought of Bumrah, Umran and Arshdeep bowling as a trio is salivating.

11 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Ignorant post. You obviously have never played Gridiron, Rugby or AFL, where physical contact is not only encouraged at every encounter, but to also to hurt the opposition as well. If you do not have the physical build to withstand being hit in these sports, youre literally going to get broken.

Sure cricket can be dangerous, for the most part it isnt. In Gridiron, Rugby and AFL there is real physical danger and injury in every match which is more intimidating than cricket will ever be.

Where your argument fails, is that youre comparing the average person who has never picked up a cricket bat in his life. Most cricketers do not get contact significant injuries yearly at the very least, in the three sports I mentioned above, the players acquire physical injuries due to contact that is part and parcel of the game.

I have  been Involved in something much more danegrous than all 3. Karate. Full contact karate. Not some point fighting bs. Full contact. I know plenty about being Abel to withstand power shots and have extensive knowledge about strength and conditioning. 

In afl you can't even push a player from the back. It's a side on tackle. It is a rough sport but nothing compared to full contact karate, mma or boxing etc.

You are right in the sense that those 3 are physical sports. My argument is in regars to how merican rednecks perceive the sport to be a sissy sport. It clearly isnt.  When you face elite bowlers, you are in real trouble. 

Not sure If you have ever played competitive cricket but in the nets even 120-130 feel like rockets and it hurts alot. I mean alot when you get hit. That's with padding. Now imaging facing a 140 plus bowler. 

Edited by speedracer
5 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Rubbish.

Try engaging in MMA and get back to me, where you are outsized an out matched skill wise, thats the true form of intimidating sport.

You also have never engaged in Gridiron, Rugby or AFL against opponents that are double your size, strength and speed.

Having done all three, I place cricket in third position at least thats not to say fast bowling is not intimidating, but definitely not in the same league of the sports above.

I have experience in combat sports. Mma is far more dangerous than rugby or afl.