Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

2 hours ago, wazza said:

Match against Sri Lanka

And no if a pom reports it then it must be incorrect. I would trust you the neighbour over a pom. 

It would definitely be 156. I don't see any issue with that. If not it's 155 vs Lanka

In odi or t20 game.

Also what is the fastest ball by a pak bowler in tests?

160 kph by shoaib vs south africa 4th innings of the 1st test in Lahore 2003, batsman was Boeta dippenaar.

It is the same test in which shoaib injured kirsten.

You can see that delivery in the following video. Consistent 155kph plus bowling here.

https://youtu.be/4VquJ7wflCY

The one below is vs nz 2002 Lahore. Pak made 643 and in reply nz got bowled out for 73 with shoaib taking 6/11. Several 155+ plus yorkers here. Fastest ball of the spell was 159 but not in the video. 

https://youtu.be/58qXzYSCUMw

Edited by Axl100mph
41 minutes ago, Axl100mph said:

160 kph by shoaib vs south africa 4th innings of the 1st test in Lahore 2003, batsman was Boeta dippenaar.

You can see that delivery in the following video. Consistent 155kph plus bowling here.

The one below is vs nz 2002 Lahore. Pak made 643 and in reply nz got bowled out for 73 with shoaib taking 6/11. Several 155+ plus yorkers here. Fastest ball of the spell was 159 but not in the video. 

Cool. Good video. Brings back memories. 

Need to transport a prime shoaib into current era. Would have been real entertaining. 160 in tests that's insane.

Gone are the days of watching express bowlers steaming in and competing to bowl the fastest delivery possible. 

Why this dravid and fatro love trundlers I have no idea. Bunch of jokesters. 

Look at Pakistan debuting the quicks early and looking after them. Although you over bowled shaheen alot. 

Edited by wazza
5 hours ago, the don said:

Was looking for that  Umran 156 kph delivery vs srilanka and found this:

English broadcast showed it at 145.7kmph. ESPNcricinfo doesn’t acknowledge the Hindi broadcast speed and the ball was registered at 145.7 kph.  

So what’s the offical quickest recorded ball in international cricket by an Indian bowler?  @singhvivek141

Well it doesn't matter what espncricinfo registered. He clocked 156 in ODI and before that his quickest was 155 in T20 vs SL. There are different media articles (both India based and outside of India) which captured this moment and wrote about that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-sri-lanka-2023/umran-malik-clocks-156-kph-in-1st-odi-vs-sri-lanka-betters-record-as-indias-fastest-bowler-3680550/amp/1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gulfnews.com/amp/sport/cricket/umran-malik-clocks-156kph-in-1st-odi-against-sri-lanka-1.1673363575924

https://wisden.com/series-stories/india-v-sri-lanka-2023/never-mind-the-extra-runs-on-his-day-umran-malik-is-still-too-hot-to-handle/amp

So official fastest delivery by an Indian is 156 kph in ODI

155 kph in T20

3 hours ago, wazza said:

Cool. Good video. Brings back memories. 

Need to transport a prime shoaib into current era. Would have been real entertaining. 160 in tests that's insane.

Gone are the days of watching express bowlers steaming in and competing to bowl the fastest delivery possible. 

Why this dravid and fatro love trundlers I have no idea. Bunch of jokesters. 

Look at Pakistan debuting the quicks early and looking after them. Although you over bowled shaheen alot. 

In an era of 3 formats and leagues, you can't expect fast bowlers to clock those speeds. Akhtar was only in this range between 1999-2003 and even then missed a lot of cricket and had to take it lightly on many days etc. 

Edit : Unless you are Brett Lee. But he is an outlier.

Edited by Nikhil_cric
2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Well it doesn't matter what espncricinfo registered. He clocked 156 in ODI and before that his quickest was 155 in T20 vs SL. There are different media articles (both India based and outside of India) which captured this moment and wrote about that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-sri-lanka-2023/umran-malik-clocks-156-kph-in-1st-odi-vs-sri-lanka-betters-record-as-indias-fastest-bowler-3680550/amp/1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gulfnews.com/amp/sport/cricket/umran-malik-clocks-156kph-in-1st-odi-against-sri-lanka-1.1673363575924

https://wisden.com/series-stories/india-v-sri-lanka-2023/never-mind-the-extra-runs-on-his-day-umran-malik-is-still-too-hot-to-handle/amp

So official fastest delivery by an Indian is 156 kph in ODI

155 kph in T20

Lol. He is trolling. 145.7 as the fastest ever should give you a clue. Even Bhuvaneshwar has clocked 146 kph and the audacity of this guy. 

6 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Lol. He is trolling. 145.7 as the fastest ever should give you a clue. Even Bhuvaneshwar has clocked 146 kph and the audacity of this guy. 

I know he is trolling, there are multiple fast bowlers who have clocked 150k. But chicha needs "proof".

Umesh 150+ is there for everyone to see, Aaron clocked 154, Ishant Shami Bumrah all have clocked 150k. But naah, in chicha's eyes every Pakistani is a 150k..and every Indian is a 135k (+5k relaxation if he belongs to a certain category).

13 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I his debut series he clocked 151 on Irish speed guns that says something. 

In NZ as well after WT20 several times & in BD too breached 150+. 

This joker has no clue Haris Rauf was bowling in mid 130's when Aus toured Pak for ODIs...  Doesn't means he isn't express

5 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I know he is trolling, there are multiple fast bowlers who have clocked 150k. But chicha needs "proof".

Umesh 150+ is there for everyone to see, Aaron clocked 154, Ishant Shami Bumrah all have clocked 150k. But naah, in chicha's eyes every Pakistani is a 150k..and every Indian is a 135k (+5k relaxation if he belongs to a certain category).

Chicha is a beighairat of highest order... 

4 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Fastest Speeds clocked by Indians in international cricket  ....

Srinath       157.0 k

Umran        156.0 k

Bumrah      153.3 k

Umesh        152.x k

Ishant          152.x k

Aaron          152.x k

Shami          151.0 k

Nehra          149.x k

Saini            149.x k

Siraj             148.x k

Edited by express bowling
20 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Where did i say that 145.7 is the fastest? That was what that 156 kph delivery was shown as on the broadcast and Espn cricinfo. I know that Bumrah clocked 153 in Australia. I think you have trouble comprehending.

It's hard to bowl 150 plus unless you have effortless picture perfect action. 

Most Indians don't have good actions. 

You need a slingy side action to be able to launch thunderbolts without much effort. 

Lee's action is the best I have ever seen. Everything is in alignment. Poetry in motion. Everything is in sync. 

5 hours ago, Axl100mph said:

The speeds are impressive but it's not unique. Lee has matched these speeds and at least in the 2015/16 season I'm convinced that Starc was somewhere in that range. Tait in T20's

But the scary thing about Akhtar was that he had this ability to produce some extraordinary deliveries that no other human, I think, has produced.  Not consistently in a spell but they usually came out of nowhere.  His short-of-a-length stuff when in rhythm probably only registered as 148 kph as opposed to 158 but they were life-threatening. 

He got Joel Garner'esque steep lift but around 8-10 kph quicker. Johnson hit that length at the same pace but the bounce was not as steep.  It's the stuff that felled Ganguly, Lara, Kirsten, etc. 

And THAT ball to Shane Watson is the single most lethal delivery ever in the history of cricket. Outrageous ball. A little fuller and I'm convinced Watson would have been killed on the spot. 

47 minutes ago, the don said:

Where did i say that 145.7 is the fastest? That was what that 156 kph delivery was shown as on the broadcast and Espn cricinfo. I know that Bumrah clocked 153 in Australia. I think you have trouble comprehending.

It's ok. Leave it. It's probably a speed gun error. Only aus and s.african bowlers can bowl quick and speed guns are never tampered by them. All other countries tamper the speed guns. Pakistan is one exception though. Pak, aus and s.africa. 

Everyone else It's usually speed gun error. 

10 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The speeds are impressive but it's not unique. Lee has matched these speeds and at least in the 2015/16 season I'm convinced that Starc was somewhere in that range. Tait in T20's

But the scary thing about Akhtar was that he had this ability to produce some extraordinary deliveries that no other human, I think, has produced.  Not consistently in a spell but they usually came out of nowhere.  His short-of-a-length stuff when in rhythm probably only registered as 148 kph as opposed to 158 but they were life-threatening. 

He got Joel Garner'esque steep lift but around 8-10 kph quicker. Johnson hit that length at the same pace but the bounce was not as steep.  It's the stuff that felled Ganguly, Lara, Kirsten, etc. 

And THAT ball to Shane Watson is the single most lethal delivery ever in the history of cricket. Outrageous ball. A little fuller and I'm convinced Watson would have been killed on the spot. 

Agreed.

8 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

That looked like a 160k ball.

36 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Those speeds are indeed unique for test cricket. That spell vs NZ is the fastest spell ever bowled in test cricket. Never seen more 155kph plus deliveries in a single spell im test cricket.

40 minutes ago, wazza said:

It's hard to bowl 150 plus unless you have effortless picture perfect action. 

Most Indians don't have good actions. 

You need a slingy side action to be able to launch thunderbolts without much effort. 

Lee's action is the best I have ever seen. Everything is in alignment. Poetry in motion. Everything is in sync. 

Picture perfect actions aren’t always an advantage. Bumrah’s action makes it really hard for the batsman to judge the pace and length of the ball. Coaches shouldn’t change too much. Only optimise for performance.