Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

26 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Very poor last over from Arshdeep

22 runs in 1 over bowling to the Irish tail. 

His death bowling has gone down drastically after he has lost some pace. 

Such trash level bowlers should not be playing for India. Sorry.

India must make a hard and fast rule. 

Trundlers below 135 should not be selected for any format. 

Minimum 135 average. 

135-145 range. 

Bounce ability

Seam/swing ability Can be factored into the equation only if pace is there in the first place and bounce. 

In tests I expect 135 average speed atleast. We have plenty that can bowl fast. Just need to make correct selections. 

If the trundler has redeeming qualities like batting ability than its ok for number 8 spot. 

9 to 11 just need to be able to hit big and slog in terms of batting. Their main focus should be bowling ofcourse. 

24 minutes ago, wazza said:

Such trash level bowlers should not be playing for India. Sorry.

India must make a hard and fast rule. 

Trundlers below 135 should not be selected for any format. 

Minimum 135 average. 

135-145 range. 

Bounce ability

Seam/swing ability Can be factored into the equation only if pace is there in the first place and bounce. 

In tests I expect 135 average speed atleast. We have plenty that can bowl fast. Just need to make correct selections. 

If the trundler has redeeming qualities like batting ability than its ok for number 8 spot. 

9 to 11 just need to be able to hit big and slog in terms of batting. Their main focus should be bowling ofcourse. 

All these have to be looked into at Domestic level. there are bowlers bowling below 130s opening the spells.

If u will promote such bowler at domestic they will end up in intnl team.

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Arshdeep was okay if he could bat like Shardul or Chahar. This kind of bowling is inexcusable. 

ARSH seems to have slowed down

Even his rhythm is a question mark now.

He should not be picked in next match.

BOOM looked good , for the first match he was Good.

Prasidh was also pretty Nice and bowled 131 to 145K- He is very good, got 2 wickets in his first 8 balls.

3 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Prasidh was also pretty Nice and bowled 131 to 145K- He is very good, got 2 wickets in his first 8 balls.

Other options are Mukesh and Avesh. Would rather back him.

5 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

This is a general problem when a sub 140 bowler is picked they try to bowl in 140s in their first intnl season and then get injured as this is not normal/natural to them.

Its either they get comfortable with sub 135 or become a star so can not be dropped and once a marque match/event comes they fail to make an impact.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Only way to block him is if Bumrah, Siraj, Prasidh and Shami fill up the slots. 

mukesh is no where close to BOOM. Shammi , siraj, prasidh and even Avesh and Arshdeep.i am sure Mukesh was played just bcos Indian pacers were unfit.

kuldeep sen is also better then him. he has not shown the Swinging Skills that could have got him to be compared to deepak chahar or Bhuvi. bhuvi and mukesh kumar are no comparision- bhuvi is Swing King, this guy is no where close.

2 hours ago, tapandrun said:

This is a general problem when a sub 140 bowler is picked they try to bowl in 140s in their first intnl season and then get injured as this is not normal/natural to them.

Its either they get comfortable with sub 135 or become a star so can not be dropped and once a marque match/event comes they fail to make an impact.

Exactly.

Even if a medium pacer loses a bit of rhythm or has a minor niggle, he ends up bowling such innocuous deliveries that he looks club level. 

Edited by express bowling

AT LEAST AS OF TODAY

jasprit, shammi, siraj , Prasidh are our top pacers

The very close 5th Pacer is Rajyawardhan Hingrekar.

I wish i would have written Umraan as 5th but he is not improving but going down.

if i am the chief selector, my sequence as of today is this, though I know BOOM will jump the queue and be number 1 soon.

1. Siraj

2. Shammi

3. Boom

4. Prasidh

5  Rajyawardhan 

if I have to highlight who is the 6th one I will Pick -Kuldeep Sen

My 7th one would be Khaleel

My eighth one would be probably Arshdeep Or Harshit Rana - not sure.

cant rate umraan as he is first priority but not sure how good is his form.

do you guys have different 5th/6th/7th/8th- if you are the chief selector.

24 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

AT LEAST AS OF TODAY

I wish i would have written Umraan as 5th but he is not improving but going down.

if i am the chief selector, my sequence as of today is this, though I know BOOM will jump the queue and be number 1 soon.

1. Siraj

2. Shammi

3. Boom

4. Prasidh

5  Rajyawardhan 

My preference 

1. Bumrah

2. Siraj

3. Shami ... will phase him out 

4. Prasidh

5. Sen 

6. Harshit

7. Mayank Y

8. Tyagi

9. Hangargekar 

10. Umran 

Tyagi can come up my rank very fast if I see him playing more.

**  I am very very impressed with Mayank Y and he can be in the top 3 soon. 

5 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

AT LEAST AS OF TODAY

1. Siraj

2. Shammi

3. Boom

4. Prasidh

5  Rajyawardhan 

My list will be 

1. Bumrah, 2. Siraj, 3. Prasidh, 4. Tyagi, 5. Sen, 6. Harshit, 7. Hangargekar, 8. Mayank, 9. Mohsin, 10. Umran

I will also keep Yudhvir, Gurnoor, Nagarkoti, Mukesh Chaudhary, Sushant Mishra in mix..they are slightly behind the top 10 but can easily break in if they uplift their game a bit more.

I have immense respect for Shami but tbh..I don't see him in my long term plans. Maybe an year at max but thats's it, he can hang his boots or just play domestics and IPL. Also I am not in favour of playing all 3 formats hence I will divide the quicks across the format, this will ensure that our quicks will have sufficient rest in between and if there is an injury then I can bring in the quicks from other formats.

Test : Bumrah, Siraj, Harshit, Mayank, Sen, Prasidh

ODI : Umran, Siraj, Tyagi, Mohsin, Prasidh, Hangargekar 

T20: Sen, Mohsin, Bumrah, Mayank, Tyagi, Hangargekar

9 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

My list will be 

1. Bumrah, 2. Siraj, 3. Prasidh, 4. Tyagi, 5. Sen, 6. Harshit, 7. Hangargekar, 8. Mayank, 9. Mohsin, 10. Umran

I will also keep Yudhvir, Gurnoor, Nagarkoti, Mukesh Chaudhary, Sushant Mishra in mix..they are slightly behind the top 10 but can easily break in if they uplift their game a bit more.

I have immense respect for Shami but tbh..I don't see him in my long term plans. Maybe an year at max but thats's it, he can hang his boots or just play domestics and IPL. Also I am not in favour of playing all 3 formats hence I will divide the quicks across the format, this will ensure that our quicks will have sufficient rest in between and if there is an injury then I can bring in the quicks from other formats.

Test : Bumrah, Siraj, Harshit, Mayank, Sen, Prasidh

ODI : Umran, Siraj, Tyagi, Mohsin, Prasidh, Hangargekar 

T20: Sen, Mohsin, Bumrah, Mayank, Tyagi, Hangargekar

Many have left Mukesh Chowdhary(understanble as he has been long injured),he was bowling at brisk pace an IPL before while bringing the ball back in sharply

These bowlers are highly suitable for t20s more and then(say if they have the ability to bowl at 140+ for long) in Odis more in initial overs

When I say lois more ,because to kill a chase or the momentum of sides batting today in this modern loi world wickets upfront do maximum damage,which has been India's Achilles heel since WC19(even with Bumrah)

Hope this Mukesh is same

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Many have left Mukesh Chowdhary(understanble as he has been long injured),he was bowling at brisk pace an IPL before while bringing the ball back in sharply

These bowlers are highly suitable for t20s more and then(say if they have the ability to bowl at 140+ for long) in Odis more in initial overs

When I say lois more ,because to kill a chase or the momentum of sides batting today in this modern loi world wickets upfront do maximum damage,which has been India's Achilles heel since WC19(even with Bumrah)

Hope this Mukesh is same

Absolutely, Mukesh Choudhary  was the one who has shown ability to bring the new ball in to the batters, something which both Mohsin and Khaleel lacks...Arshdeep can do it as well but his pace is very less unlike Mukesh C who has an energetic runup and zing in the bowling.

I also saw Mukesh C in one of VHT matches and he was bowling fast yorkers in death as well. I think 135-140 is his optimum pace and unlike Arshdeep he don't lose much pace when bowling more overs.