Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Regarding Siraj he said that he just bowled at 142 k. But he is someone who does not always reach these speeds in every spell. He does so when he is running in well. Siraj should focus on running in well.

Regarding Bumrah he said that Bumrah is deceptively quick. He compared Bumrah's release point with Nortje and said that both are quick in the air but because Bumrah releases the ball well inside the pitch, he hits the bat harder than Nortje and surprises batters more with pace. 

He did not blabber the same " just need to bowl in good areas " stuff that we hear from Indian commentators. 

But we already know all those so punter dint really add much tbh. It just sounds disingenuous coming from his mouth tbh in general. 

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Regarding Siraj he said that he just bowled at 142 k. But he is someone who does not always reach these speeds in every spell. He does so when he is running in well. Siraj should focus on running in well.

Regarding Bumrah he said that Bumrah is deceptively quick. He compared Bumrah's release point with Nortje and said that both are quick in the air but because Bumrah releases the ball well inside the pitch, he hits the bat harder than Nortje and surprises batters more with pace. 

He did not blabber the same " just need to bowl in good areas " stuff that we hear from Indian commentators. 

Thanks. Very good observations indeed. Especially about Siraj. We know most of that but often people are very reluctant to make genuine comments. And actually some just don’t have the brains like most Indian commentators.

Edited by MK55
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kron said:

But we already know all those so punter dint really add much tbh. It just sounds disingenuous coming from his mouth tbh in general. 

Analysis in live commentary can't be aimed at a few fast bowling fans like us who know all this, because we spend a lot of time on Indian fast bowling.

If someone watches cricket from time to time then he would find this new or atleast something different.

Moreover, Bumrah's release points are well known but don't think he has been compared with Nortje with pictures and videos. And Siraj's bowling speed / run-up relationship is rarely discussed.

Edited by express bowling
On 6/14/2024 at 5:22 AM, Kron said:

You know it not every Indian watching it live. 

Just remembering Mayank.............

I saw some wickets that he took in IPL and his bowling video's-

My observations-

1. Batsman were kind of Scared of his bowling and showing the fear to face him. even SA and RCB captain defended the fastest ball bowled by mayank and 156.8 and ran  for a single and was run OUT- he kind of pushed the ball to a fielder and if he was in his right sense , he would have never gone for a single , he ran like a rabbit but could not complete a Single- I intend to say that he was very uncomfortable against him and he kind of ran to go to the other end.

2.Most of his wickets were on bouncers which if were not played by batsman would have hit the face or helmet or the shoulder of a batsman- his default line n length is kinda 6 to 8 meters from the stumps which is a deadly length - no batsman in the world likes that length. many batsman had some MIS hits which were not caught of that length.so its not just PACE like fire but Pace at that length which was screwing the batters.

3. few of his shortish balls hit the stump and few just went above the stumps- kind of jaffa's.

4. his entire over seems like I am watching 6 Jaffa's and when a batsman manages and hits it for a 4 , it is like the batter has done a great JOB.

5. How can LSG ask such a DEMON bowler to come to bowl after 9 overs in his debut Matcch itself- is the coach DUMB, is the captain a duffer, can he not realise that this guy will create havoc.

6. Never seen any INDIAN bowler terorising batsman as much as Mayank. even BOOM and Srinath created some Panic but it seems I was seeing fear in some batters and they were playing wreaklessly against Mayank. 

Conclusion- Darayega , Dhamkayega , Fadega  ..wicket to lega hi.............@agarkar  pls expedite his comeback provided he is FIT.

9 hours ago, MK55 said:

Din't watch the innings but Lockie Vs PNG: 4 overs 0 runs 3 wickets. 
LOL these associate nations are an embarrassment to the game

well its like bakis or afghans playing rugby vs nz

same thing will happen. 

I an sorry as long as we have e guys like this mentally retarded degenerate moron wassim jaffer, a few posters here who love trundlers and casuals who worship trundlers, nothing will change 

Just watch this video. This moron still thinks Indian bowlers are not the best lmao. Even this midget loser beer biceps has no concept about fast bowling. 

Asks some absurd questions. Dumb casual tosser. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pPKsGceoV3I

@express bowling 

@raki05

On 6/14/2024 at 11:12 AM, express bowling said:

Analysis in live commentary can't be aimed at a few fast bowling fans like us who know all this, because we spend a lot of time on Indian fast bowling.

If someone watches cricket from time to time then he would find this new or atleast something different.

Moreover, Bumrah's release points are well known but don't think he has been compared with Nortje with pictures and videos. And Siraj's bowling speed / run-up relationship is rarely discussed.

Aus are good technically, they understand cricket lot better than others, they are able to find out opposition's batter weakness.

Can spot issues with bowlers actions, seems like they have better knowledge of these things hence you would see then reporting dodgy actions often.

Hasnain (Pak intnl fast bowler) was playing in BBL where the coach of opposition team spotted that his action is not clean and reported and it was found out he was chucking. So just watching they can spot the issues. And Hasnain has been playing for Pak for long time has been under multiple Pak bowling coaches, at one time Waqar was coaching them.

Though Aus batters are best batters of sheer pace they would always tell that handling pace is not easy where else Ind batters would tell pace does not concern them.

Edited by tapandrun
1 hour ago, Need4Speed said:

Better to poach Shamar Joseph

More than pace I like the fact that he is a good test bowler and can bowl for long periods. Plus his attitude, Aggression and work ethic is impressive.

On 6/20/2024 at 4:26 PM, Kron said:

More than pace I like the fact that he is a good test bowler and can bowl for long periods. Plus his attitude, Aggression and work ethic is impressive.

Yes pace is not the only reason I suggested..he looks quality to me at such young age..