Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

24 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

In Indian conditions it's easier to bowl back of a length and still hit the stumps or get lbws,outside Asia such lengths become too defensive unless you get the batsman to edge the ball.

That's just a perception. Half volley will go for runs everywhere.

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

In Indian conditions it's easier to bowl back of a length and still hit the stumps or get lbws,outside Asia such lengths become too defensive unless you get the batsman to edge the ball.

Not talking about back of a length but proper good length.

In Asian conditions, a pacer may have to bowl on the shorter side of good length to hit the stumps ... but outside Asia he may have to bowl on the fuller side of good length to hit the stumps. Maybe some balls on the shorter side of full length.

Saini sometimes starts bowling fuller side of full length in Asia too.

1 minute ago, MultiB48 said:

I  prefer  agressive length pacers if he is young,most young pacers aren't patient nor accurate.They are better of trying wicket taking ball ,if they don't get wickets they will struggle to maintain discipline and bowl like experienced pacers.

If a pacer is hitting the top of off stump then it is the perfect aggressive length.

Moreover, a good pacer cannot have a floaty full ball. Both Bumrah and Shami can bowl full without being floaty.

2 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

That's too high a bar .If you are bowling full then every ball can hit the stumps if you aren't straying in line,if he has pace and can just straighten the odd ball then that's good enough. Though if you keep bowling full you will be picked for runs specially on flat wickets,but a couple of wickets can change everything.Difference between s/r of 100 and 50 is only 1 wicket taking ball.

Outside of matches in England OR when the ball is reversing, show me a pacer who keeps bowling full and keeps picking lots of wickets.

Without consistent swing, almost all full deliveries get driven.  (  Only the wide and full sucker ball, after a series of shorter deliveries work as a part of a setup on occasions  )

And Saini has the worst full delivery among all top Indian pacers when he is going for conventional swing. Not talking about yorkers.

P.s -- Hitting the top of off stump, or somewhere close, is not that difficult for professional bowlers. Which is why it has been benchmarked as the target ball.

Edited by express bowling
30 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Ishant playing.

Is he really match fit and what would happen if he breaks down !!

Is a semi fit Ishant better than a fit Saini  ?

A semi fit Ishant is definitely better than "bowl at the legs"Umesh anyway

But hey dont name Saini here,he is miles behind Umesh , according to some

Ishant and Bumrah were not getting their lengths right. It was almost like they kept on experimenting for the right length. Ishant in particular looked like there were times he could get the line right, but more often he did not. 

I thought it was silly not to let Shami open the bowling. He hurries on to the batsmen and whenever he has the ball in his hand, it looks like something could give way. Kohli needs to understand that its not written in stone Ishant has to take the new ball. I see too much of tried and tested pattern which the captain is too scared to deviate from or experiment. 

One of the other things I do not understand is, why is it that the slip fielders and wk are not proactive. A couple of times, the catches did not carry. Now, I understand you cant keep changing your position based on each delivery, but I dont see why they cant come 2 steps up and see how it goes for a few overs.

Just now, Rightarmfast said:

Captain needs to step in and dictate. I think it should be the captains call. Other thing is, this is a problem which has plagued India for year.s

Not when Saha was keeper. I remember how against Aus in the 2017 home series our cordon was so close that sometimes we were slow to react rather than ball not carrying. Commentators made this point in the Dharamsala test when Nair dropped Warner on day 1, session 1. 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Not when Saha was keeper. I remember how against Aus in the 2017 home series our cordon was so close that sometimes we were slow to react rather than ball not carrying. Commentators made this point in the Dharamsala test when Nair dropped Warner on day 1, session 1. 

I take your word for it. Although I dont recall.