Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

13 minutes ago, bhakum20 said:

good stuff from prasidh, I can only watch highlights.

but it will be really difficult to break into national team. It's not 90's/00's that anyone with some promise can get in. The team already has some of the best indian pace bowlers of all time playing for it.

Prasidh can and should debut via ODIs. This is his strongest format   ... and the easiest format for any young pacer to debut in.

We have 3 ODIs vs SA coming up after the test series vs NZ.

Rest Bumrah for this series. He needs it after this gruelling tour.

Play Prasidh, Shami and Saini as the 3 quicks.

Edited by express bowling
21 hours ago, bhakum20 said:

good stuff from prasidh, I can only watch highlights.

but it will be really difficult to break into national team. It's not 90's/00's that anyone with some promise can get in. The team already has some of the best indian pace bowlers of all time playing for it.

If I may add to my earlier post ... most of our LOI bowlers are skiddy ones, apart from Bumrah who gets natural bounce along with skid off the pitch.

Someone like Prasidh, with his height and steep bounce at high pace, would add a different dimension to our attack. 

Edited by express bowling
4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

If I may add to my earlier post ... most of our LOI bowlers are skiddy ones, apart from Bumrah who gets natural bounce along with slid off the pitch.

Someone like Prasidh, with his height and steep bounce at high pace, would add a different dimension to our attack. 

i feel we need a left armer, will give much needed variety. After four away series with all right handed bowlers other teams are figuring BSI out. Too bad khaleel turned out to be a dud. Fast track mishra?

5 minutes ago, bhakum20 said:

i feel we need a left armer, will give much needed variety. After four away series with all right handed bowlers other teams are figuring BSI out. Too bad khaleel turned out to be a dud. Fast track mishra?

We don't have a quality left arm pacer.

I think we should focus on picking the best pacers ... and pick a left armer only if he is a quality pacer too.

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Looking at the bowling order and batting chances ... our bowlers will probably be Bumrah, Shami, Umesh and Ashwin 

The most conservative one based on seniority ... and as expected by many posters here 

But they can't drop Hanuma now, he will bat at 6.
7 batsmen+ 4 bowlers?

1 hour ago, SinNombre said:

Saini did take a wicket, but going at 4 rpo. 

What is he missing in red ball cricket?

2 wickets now.

Saini has a lot of pluses ... but has 1 major weakness which makes him expensive from time to time.

His good length balls, yorkers, just short of a length balls and proper short balls ... are all quick and dangerous.

But his full ball is very floaty and not sharp at all. Saini is a good seam bowler and reverse swing bowler. But when he pitches the ball up for conventional swing, he keeps bowling floaty half volleys. Someone should tell him not to do this 

Look at the length he is bowling in the video below. Almost all are good length seaming balls where he hits the deck.  And almost all his wickets are via this ball in FC, along with some surprise bouncers.

He should stop floating the ball up gently and bowl like he does above.

46 minutes ago, express bowling said:

2 wickets now.

Saini has a lot of pluses ... but has 1 major weakness which makes him expensive from time to time.

His good length balls, yorkers, just short of a length balls and proper short balls ... are all quick and dangerous.

But his full ball is very floaty and not sharp at all. Saini is a good seam bowler and reverse swing bowler. But when he pitches the ball up for conventional swing, he keeps bowling floaty half volleys. Someone should tell him not to do this 

Look at the length he is bowling in the video below. Almost all are good length seaming balls where he hits the deck.  And almost all his wickets are via this ball in FC, along with some surprise bouncers.

He should stop floating the ball up gently and bowl like he does above.

He does that to get the inswing. He can bowl big inswingers but when ball isn't swinging, it looks floaty.