Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, Bhoot said:

Guess You are the kind of guy who will call someone a fan of shahruk khan if he/she dosnt like Salman khan. 

Can't respect people who waste a spot in the xi by hiding their injury which is worse than bowling badly. As per saini army he is always injured.. Has been injured since the tour began.. Why did he not opt out then? 

Sums up how well you are following the current series,he didn't hide his injury ,he was played because Umesh got injured and i thought you knew it already that most of our 1/2 choice players are out injured,he wasn't 100% fit,it wasn't madeup injury or hidden; it was all open

So ,being a newcomer why would he refuse TM when there was no one available even to be subbed

3 hours ago, Bhoot said:

Guess You are the kind of guy who will call someone a fan of shahruk khan if he/she dosnt like Salman khan. 

Can't respect people who waste a spot in the xi by hiding their injury which is worse than bowling badly. As per saini army he is always injured.. Has been injured since the tour began.. Why did he not opt out then? 

Expected this from you. Did you even watch the last test? The guy bowled 147 kmph and easily averaged 140+ in a couple of spells. Someone who is hiding anninjury can never do that.

In this test, read the Cricbuzz commentary on what happened in the 4th over of Aussie innings which caused the injury. Despite that Saini started quite well, kept the pressure on both Smith and Marnus, created a great chance vs Marnus before hobbling off the field. 

Screenshot_20210118-232211__01__01.jpg

These Australian pacers are bull headed and too dependant on bounce.

So few deliveries directed at the off stump. So little ability to move the ball.

Good fast bowling is combining pace and bounce with accuracy and some movement.

Australian pacers disappointed this way. And they are mentally weak (  apart from Cummins, who is superb  )

37 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Spare a thought for Pat Cummins.. he bowled like Flintoff of 2005 Ashes only to end up on losing side. 

I was bit young in 2005,but from what i have watched Cummins is the best bowler i have seen. The effort and the absolute ruthlessness he goes about with is incomparable.

He is McGrath with the bite of peak Brett lee or Akhtar, that's an incredible combination. Love his bowling.

8 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

I was bit young in 2005,but from what i have watched Cummins is the best bowler i have seen. The effort and the absolute ruthlessness he goes about with is incomparable.

He is McGrath with the bite of peak Brett lee or Akhtar, that's an incredible combination. Love his bowling.

Only other bowler in that class after 2005 was Steyn according to me.

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

So few deliveries directed at the off stump. So little ability to move the ball.

Australian pacers disappointed this way. And they are mentally weak (  apart from Cummins, who is superb  )

I think we really played them well,most of the other teams would have surrendered in 4th innings chase

I thought Starc has been underperforming in red ball cricket for sometime now with no sandpaper

On 1/19/2021 at 6:30 PM, express bowling said:

They are lucky to not face Shami and Ishant otherwise I think a few of their players would have been on a stretcher. Also bumrah would ramp it up if he sees Shami turn up the heat. 

8 hours ago, Soldier said:

They are lucky to not face Shami and Ishant otherwise I think a few of their players would have been on a stretcher. Also bumrah would ramp it up if he sees Shami turn up the heat. 

True, Bumrah had to bowl a bit within himself in the 3rd test ... as 3 of our other experienced quicks were missing and we did not want any further injuries.

On our 2018-19 tour, both Bumrah and Shami hit the Aussies multiple times and 3 of their batsmen had to be sent to the hospital for scans.

Even on this tour, in the practice matches and the first 2 tests, there were many hostile bouncers by us and the Aussies were hit so many times by Bumrah, Shami, Umesh and Tyagi.

Edited by express bowling
16 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

i wish tyagi would have found  a way to train with lee .He is young and with not much cricket around now in fc,this would have been the ideal time for him to improve himself since he models himself on lee.

And Lee is quite helpful and tactical too.

Tyagi had trained under Steffan Jones last year.  He will probably get another chance before the next IPL.

On 1/24/2021 at 4:17 AM, Soldier said:

For me it's bumrah and Cummins and rabada. 

I will reserve judgement on Bumrah until he gets his break in the subcontinent. Steyn & McGrath  were great in the subcontinent too. I'm sure Bumrah will come good.

Rabada has only been Okayish in the subcontinent. Shami was looking miles better in the last test series in India. He has to improve his record in the series against Pakistan.

47 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

I will reserve judgement on Bumrah until he gets his break in the subcontinent. Steyn & McGrath  were great in the subcontinent too. I'm sure Bumrah will come good.

Rabada has only been Okayish in the subcontinent. Shami was looking miles better in the last test series in India. He has to improve his record in the series against Pakistan.

Agreed. Shami is a legend. Best Asia pacer. One of the best ever in Asia. 

Fastest balls by Indians on the Australian tour 2020-21   ( that I have seen )

BUMRAH

1st ODI ....  148 k

2nd ODI .... 147 k

3rd ODI ....  146 k

1st test

1st Innings ....  146 k

2nd innings .... 146 k

2nd test

1st Innings ....  144 k

2nd innings .... 144 k

3rd test 

1st Innings ....  147 k