Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Just watched Rahul Kumar bowl in the full match replay.

Looks like a 7 kph quicker and a few inches shorter version of Kyle Jamieson.  ( the new version )

Thanks @sarchasm for pointing out his bowling.

The kid has a lot of potential.

He is getting quite a few balls to rear up from just short of a length at sharp pace ... saw a couple of deliveries that seamed in ... saw an outswinger too.

I hope this kid is comes under the radar of the guys that matter.

Edited by express bowling

it seems Siraj is being considered very highly and Ishant will find it tough to get into the 11. I think Siraj is definitely the third pacer as per the team now...behind boom boom and Shammi.

Shardul is also being rated highly as an allrounder, already he is picked in among the 4 pacers and I feel he will be in the 11 also.

Nattu's yorkers have become world famous and that could mean he getting to play t20 and odi's.

now shammi, umesh and Ishant need to be at their best as we have new crop of second batch of fast bowlers coming in.

10 hours ago, sarchasm said:

He looked a couple of yards quicker than Anuj. Looks his stated age of 17 so I think he might grow an inch or two. Looks better than Ishant did on his debut.

The key for Rahul is to represent India at U19 level so gets noticed by the right people. An IPL team snagging him as a long term prospect would be even better although his bowling is more suited to long format.

To me, Anuj looked quicker.

8 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

He is prone to pushing the ball too much across the right hander,has to work on his action to bowl a tighter line.

He jumps with an angle, needs to run and jump in a straight line. He is an open chested bowler, so shouldn't be too difficult for him.

I am keen to see IShant/siraj and BOOM tomorrow. i think with 2 pacers and 3 spinners, these 2 may get initial spell of 5 overs each and later they may get 4 over spells only and i dont see them bowling more than 13-14 overs each in a day which is pretty less load. all 3 spinners may bowl 16 to 18 overs each approximately.

In India , the fast bowlers should try to get LBW and getting caught in slips with the new ball. fastish accurate on the wickets can get them lbw ( if the ball swings a lil and misses the Bat).

I see pacers struggling a lot in chennai. they are effective only with the new ball or may be some reverse swing happens later ( which i dont think can be used effectivey BY boom and Ishant).

it could be fun seeing anderson and Broad beeing hit for 4's and even sixes. Archer will be effective only with the new ball. I have less clue about spinners.

axar/washie/ashwin will get a lot of wickets and if kuldeep plays he will take maximum wickets. i would play washie/kuldeep and ashwin as my spinners and I would prefer to play BOOM and SIraj ( unless Ishant is looking pacy and quicker than Siraj). Siraj is very accurate , he is no Umesh who will be erratic so if siraj is bowling as fast as Ishant , he has good chances to play.

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

As per ICC website .... 

Shannon Gabriel averaging 142.6 kph after bowling 22 overs.

Fastest of 148.9 kph

He is so underrated in terms of pace. 

Probably the quickest in terms of average pace in test matches these days.

It is true that he plays just 1 format though.

He is super fast but he is normally short of length and his line is also not the very best.

I was shocked ( happily shocked) to see how Siraj bowled , with an average of 136K , he bagged a fifer in gabba. his Line and length was much better than Umesh or a Gabriel.

Pace is definitely the main thing but assuming that the fast bowler is able to bowl full too and is as good as the trundler in his line and length. in case of Gabriel , it is certain that he will mostly be Short of length and wont get LBW easily( as balls will go above the wickets. I like the Line n length that WI captain..trunlder capatin bowls.

Pace is most important because line n length can be trained but Pace cannot.