Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

We desperately need to start nurturing spinners for test cricket. This is beyond ridiculous when we plan to dominate at home and our spinners are outbowled by the opposition. We got away with it in Oz with our pace backups delivering, cant say the same for spinners in this game.

Both Ashwin and Jadeja need proper backups..not Nadeem and Gautham for f##k sakes who go around with the A teams.

1 hour ago, Vickydev said:

We desperately need to start nurturing spinners for test cricket. This is beyond ridiculous when we plan to dominate at home and our spinners are outbowled by the opposition. We got away with it in Oz with our pace backups delivering, cant say the same for spinners in this game.

Both Ashwin and Jadeja need proper backups..not Nadeem and Gautham for f##k sakes who go around with the A teams.

We have a top spinner in Kuldeep Yadav who has not been given a chance in 2 years after he picked a fifer in Australia.

16 minutes ago, Mosher said:

145744287_10157927152282555_194688511476

This loss is due to our batsmen. Our bowlers have bailed us lot of times. Can't expect them to bail us out everytime. If only Kohli, Rahane and Rohit batted well in the 1st innings when nothing much was happening off the pitch, the result would have been different.

Spot on  !

I hope Sundar is not made the scapegoat. Kohli was alluding to poor bowling from our 4th and 5th bowler.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Spot on  !

I hope Sundar is not made the scapegoat. Kohli was alluding to poor bowling from our 4th and 5th bowler.

In the press conference Kohli said that with 2 off spinners(Ashwin and Sundar) the team needed another spinner who could turn it the other way. Hence Nadeem was preferred. Not too illogical in my opinion.

This means that for Kuldeep to play Sundar has to be replaced by Axar. With Ashwin in there is no chance for both Sundar and Kuldeep to play.

Jadeja's availability would have solved all problems. Damn Starc!!:hitler:

32 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

In the press conference Kohli said that with 2 off spinners(Ashwin and Sundar) the team needed another spinner who could turn it the other way. Hence Nadeem was preferred. Not too illogical in my opinion.

This means that for Kuldeep to play Sundar has to be replaced by Axar. With Ashwin in there is no chance for both Sundar and Kuldeep to play.

Jadeja's availability would have solved all problems. Damn Starc!!:hitler:

Our batting is our weak point.

Replacing Sundar with Axar will weaken it further.

Kuldeep bowls lots of googlies ... that will be turning the ball away from. RHB too.

Ultimately, it is the quality of the bowling which matters much more than the variation in bowling. Also, wrist spinner vs finger spinner provides different types of challenges too.

Edited by express bowling
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Our batting is our weak point.

Replacing Sundar with Axar will weaken it further.

Kuldeep bowls lots of googlies ... that will be turning the ball away from. RHB too.

Ultimately, it is the quality of the bowling which matters much more than the variation in bowling. 

Kuldeep will be swept to all corners with his slow stuff. I would like Rahul Chahar who is tall and can extract extra bounce.

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Problem is not only the ignorance shown to Kuldeep but also to this Chahr guy,he seems to have impressed most but is been ignored for (who knows what)some reason

A fastish leg spinner is a good option on slow tracks. I hope they think about R.Chahar.

I am a big fan of wrist spinners. They can turn the ball both ways and pose a different challenge.