Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

It was always on the cards that Archer would try to bowl fast and bounce batsmen in the initial phase. Which he did. And now he has been cut to size. Intelligent enough to not try fast, but rely on the line. 

Comparatively, Ishant bowled way better than both the English faster bowlers. He was following a good line and nice length. Hopefully, Ishant will get his rewards in the series.

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The best wicket taker pacers on slow pitches have bowled stump directed deliveries at 140 k+ and have tried to get reverse swing.

Good examples are Shami, Steyn, Umesh 2.0.

The English seamers have hardly tried this.

None of those wickets were the kind this wicket is. Dynamics change on different wickets.`Also, I think its a little far stretched to say that the wickets were taken only at 140+ deliveries. Dont think so. 

By no means am I saying bowling quick is a waste of time, but saying that wickets were taken only at balls which were above 140 is totally far stretched. I'd say a lot of wickets were taken on balls in late 130's, but quicker deliveries may have been used to soften the batsmen down.

Edited by Rightarmfast
12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Look at how Bumrah bowled on this pitch.

Honing in on the stumps at high pace and with reverse swing.

All the 5 wickets that the Indian fast bowlers took were LBWs and bowleds via quick indipping balls.

Btw, all the wickets by Indian quicks were taken at balls below 140. Mostly around 133-138. Thats the ideal pace I was talking about. They are not express in my boosk, more fast medium to me.

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Look at how Bumrah bowled on this pitch.

Honing in on the stumps at high pace and with reverse swing.

All the 5 wickets that the Indian fast bowlers took were LBWs and bowleds via quick indipping balls.

Exactly. This is a slow pitch on which you look to bowl quicker and a fuller length with the old ball looking for bowled/lbw and try and  take the pitch out of the equation. Steyn was a master of this. He would cut down his pace with the new ball when there was swing available and then crank it up with the old ball when it started reversing. 

Like you said Umesh and Shami have been very successful in India by doing exactly this.

7 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Btw, all the wickets by Indian quicks were taken at balls below 140. Mostly around 133-138. Thats the ideal pace I was talking about. They are not express in my boosk, more fast medium to me.

Bumrah 3 wickets were at 138 k, 140 k and the 3rd was probably 138 k too. Sharp enough.

Ishant beat Archer for pace too. He could not bring his bat down in time. Probably more zip off the deck.

14 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Exactly. This is a slow pitch on which you look to bowl quicker and a fuller length with the old ball looking for bowled/lbw and try and  take the pitch out of the equation. Steyn was a master of this. He would cut down his pace with the new ball when there was swing available and then crank it up with the old ball when it started reversing. 

Like you said Umesh and Shami have been very successful in India by doing exactly this.

Exactly bro !

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah 3 wickets were at 138 k, 140 k and the 3rd was probably 138 k too. Sharp enough.

Ishant beat Archer for pace too. He could not bring his bat down in time. Probably more zip off the deck.

I think 1 was at 135, but anyway, late 130's is not express. Its sharp.

Just now, Rightarmfast said:

I think 1 was at 135, but anyway, late 130's is not express. Its sharp.

Did I talk about express pace of 145 k+ ?

I said 140 k+.which is basically sharp.

These speed guns are not that precise.

A 138 k ball on a speed gun could well register 140 k or 141 k on the high speed cameras which give precise speed readings.

More than the exact speed gun readings, my point was about attacking the stumps at pace. Hurrying batsmen visually. And that is what happened in 4 of the 5 dismissals.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

My choice is Kuldeep for Nadeem in test 2.

How did he leapfrog Kuldeep?Kuldeep has been with the squad for ages ,no reason other than clown kaptaan's evil intentions

Nadeem has played to keep Kuldeep at bay,plain and simple

Coincidence don't always happen,Kuldeep has been kept on sidelines for no reason

This is not coincidence.