Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

30 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Kuldeep was made to sit out for 2 years after taking a fifer in tests.

Always in the squad and so could not play much FC either.

He will need a bit of time to get his confidence back.

27 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Patience. Been a while he has been on the field. And with a toxic captain, things dont get easy. Give him his time.

I am well aware of that and would give him all the time,but i am not sure kohli and TM would ,he would be out of squad in no time.

For the spinners, I was most impressed by Akshar. 90 kph average speed and extremely tight line and length to right handers. Very impressive.  His control allowed Ash to flight the ball and attack- something we couldnt do last time. Kuldeep less than 80 kph and worst spinner on show - worse than moeen. Liability with  bat as well. 

56 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Good bowling by the quicks but average pace of 132 kph doesnt look impressive. Being slower than Olly is one thing but even Broad was quicker and that guy has clocked plenty of miles. 

Since Bumrah's debut, we have debuted just one 140 k+ pacer.

Most of the new pacers coming through generally bowl 130 k to 140 k or 125 k to 135 k. Although Kohli is thought to be a pace lover.

Dhoni is generally known as a trundler lover but all our quick pacers ... Bumrah, Shami and Umesh ... debuted under Dhoni.

In a couple of years, when Shami, Umesh and Ishant are done, we may have just medium pacers playing if Bumrah is rested.

Just now, express bowling said:

Since Bumrah's debut, we have debuted just one 140 k+ pacer.

Most of the new pacers coming through generally bowl 130 k to 140 k or 125 k to 135 k. Although Kohli is thought to be a pace lover.

Dhoni is generally known as a trundler lover but all our quick pacers ... Bumrah, Shami and Umesh ... debuted under Dhoni.

In a couple of years, when Shami, Umesh and Ishant are done, we may have just medium pacers playing if Bumrah is rested.

Kohli is a fraud nothing else,he hasn't played and continued with any youngster,he finds solace in ruining young careers, Kuldeep is left in wilderness thanks to Kohli's vision

Bumrah too came under Dhoni ,i dont like Dhoni but the magnitude of my grudge against him is too low in comparison to clown

There are so many promising pacers rotting in sidelines,likes of Prasidh, Tyagi,Sen,Porel all have to cope with a bad luck named Kohli to reach their dreams

4 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Kohli is a fraud nothing else,he hasn't played and continued with any youngster,he finds solace in ruining young careers, Kuldeep is left in wilderness thanks to Kohli's vision

Bumrah too came under Dhoni ,i dont like Dhoni but the magnitude of my grudge against him is too low in comparison to clown

There are so many promising pacers rotting in sidelines,likes of Prasidh, Tyagi,Sen,Porel all have to cope with a bad luck named Kohli to reach their dreams

Novelty factor saved us in Australia.  With Shami, Umesh and Bumrah gone in the 4th test, our pace was really low in that test. But it was overcome by novelty factor and fighting spirit.

It may work for a short time but a pace attack, where every pacer averages less than 135 k, becomes too predictable and one dimensional. Most such pacers never succeed in the long run unless they are really tall.

We are going to see shortish trundlers bowling in the LOIs against England. Let the novelty factor be over ... and see the mauling they get after a few months. 

The days of Vinay Ko-Mar  and Ashok Dinda maybe back in LOIs.

Kohli has not been able to settle in any new 140 k+ pacer since his debut as captain.

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Novelty factor saved us in Australia.  With Shami, Umesh and Bumrah gone in the 4th test, our pace was really low in that test. But it was overcome by novelty factor and fighting spirit.

It may work for a short time but a pace attack, where every pacer averages less than 135 k, becomes too predictable and one dimensional. Most such pacers never succeed in the long run unless they are really tall.

We are going to see shortish trundlers bowling in the LOIs against England. Let the novelty factor be over ... and see the mauling they get after a few months. 

The days of Vinay Ko-Mar  and Ashok Dinda maybe back in LOIs.

Kohli has not been able to settle in any new 140 k+ pacer since his debut as captain.

What I can't understand is they must be seeing the likes of Tyagi/Avesh etc in the nets. Are they not impressed? Tyagi injured a few in the tour games in Australia and clearly beat people for pace. But then was not good enough for even bowling in the nets in India? There is just no process or path - how someone can get in.. its all a mystery.

47 minutes ago, Samcric said:

What I can't understand is they must be seeing the likes of Tyagi/Avesh etc in the nets. Are they not impressed? Tyagi injured a few in the tour games in Australia and clearly beat people for pace. But then was not good enough for even bowling in the nets in India? There is just no process or path - how someone can get in.. its all a mystery.

Agree.

We have seen some good quick bowlers / tall pacers coming through via the U19 route in the last 5 years.  Tyagi, Avesh, Mavi, Nagarkoti. Porel, Khaleel, Akash.  

Only 1 among them have debuted for India and none have been able to settle down.

We need to find out why they are getting lost in transition. 

And someone like Prasidh ( not a U19 star ) who is tall and has pace and bounce and averages 20 in FC is not good enough to be a net bowler even !  Question is why ?

31 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

I am not convinced with the speedometer.

Quite possible. I too thought that Bumrah, Saini, Shami and Siraj bowled quicker than what speeds they clocked in Australia.

But we know that Chahar, Natarajan and Shardul are not that quick. But they will be our LOI pacers and even Kaul and Unadkat are being shortlisted. No pace in the attack is never good.