Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Shaheen - fast and very good

Rauf - fast but a bit erratic.good.

Hasan - average player but can bat. 

Husnain - decent to good. Better than Hasan. 

Good bowling lineup. Not good for tests but for odi it's solid all round. Can compete with with big 4 easily in odi. 

But s africa have better bowling attack overall. Rabada, nortje, ngidi is more well rounded. 

15 hours ago, Jay said:

Good bowling lineup. Not good for tests but for odi it's solid all round. Can compete with with big 4 easily in odi. 

But s africa have better bowling attack overall. Rabada, nortje, ngidi is more well rounded. 

What happened to the 16 year old? Forgot his name.

Edited by rkt.india
3 hours ago, Jay said:

S Africa have more experienced bowlers.Hasan is the only one in Pakistan setup who has experience.The others have a long way to go but

they are learning fast,Shaheen is almost there.Hasnain and Rauf have not played many ODIs.They have been playing T20s.I agree S African bowlers are

better esp in their home conditions as they get good carry and know where to bowl.

6 hours ago, Nero said:

S Africa have more experienced bowlers.Hasan is the only one in Pakistan setup who has experience.The others have a long way to go but

they are learning fast,Shaheen is almost there.Hasnain and Rauf have not played many ODIs.They have been playing T20s.I agree S African bowlers are

better esp in their home conditions as they get good carry and know where to bowl.

What about Asian Condtions? Would say Pak ahead of staffers in general. 

However Day night Odis mean s.africa would be better? Day night Odis in India don't help spin. 

As much as I have appreciated Pakistani bowling, I wont shy away from the fact that they are good, but they have obvious chinks in the armor. It will only take Shaheen Afridi to have a bad day, and the whole bowling will crumble. 

Pakistani bowling looks good because Afridi gives the balance, Hasnain and Rauf provide the pace. Neither Hasnain or Rauf have it in them individually to push opponents to their back. 

Unless Pakistan invests a lot of time into these 3 bowlers, and few more and builds up good replacements for Shaheen, they might always struggle.

5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

As much as I have appreciated Pakistani bowling, I wont shy away from the fact that they are good, but they have obvious chinks in the armor. It will only take Shaheen Afridi to have a bad day, and the whole bowling will crumble. 

Pakistani bowling looks good because Afridi gives the balance, Hasnain and Rauf provide the pace. Neither Hasnain or Rauf have it in them individually to push opponents to their back. 

Unless Pakistan invests a lot of time into these 3 bowlers, and few more and builds up good replacements for Shaheen, they might always struggle.

So they have three bowlers bowling 145 + i say that's very good. One of them accurate and also very young, looking back where are mavi and I cant remember the other guys name its such a growth from Saheen. 

5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

I think bowling attack all over the world are being taken to the cleaners recently coz of the pitches & rules.  I don't think any attack is probably best in ODIs..  Australia full strength perhaps comes close..  Kiwi attack is useful in its own conditions only.  India is having some problems as well in Powerplay & spin bowling is Non existent.  Overall having 3 140+ quicks is a asset to Pak team..  But it's up to them how they maximize their potential..  As batting is still pretty backward compared to modern teams. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think bowling attack all over the world are being taken to the cleaners recently coz of the pitches & rules.  I don't think any attack is probably best in ODIs..  Australia full strength perhaps comes close..  Kiwi attack is useful in its own conditions only.  India is having some problems as well in Powerplay & spin bowling is Non existent.  Overall having 3 140+ quicks is a asset to Pak team..  But it's up to them how they maximize their potential..  As batting is still pretty backward compared to modern teams. 

I agree. Pakistan has a pretty good attack. They need to make it even stronger. The pitch is a major factor. I am surprised to see that almost all countries prepare pattas. These Pakistani bowlers though, they have done their job well and I expect them to get better if they get support.

As far as India is concerned, they dont even play their best fast bowlers in ODI's.

7 hours ago, Vilander said:

So they have three bowlers bowling 145 + i say that's very good. One of them accurate and also very young, looking back where are mavi and I cant remember the other guys name its such a growth from Saheen. 

Pakistan is trying to go back to choosing multiple quick bowlers in their bowling attack. They had moved away from this policy from 2013 to 2019 or thereabouts  ... and it did not help them.

I am always in favour of forming a pool of 140 k+ pacers who are taking wickets or bowling well in domestic cricket and A-teams. And then trying to develop them with special attention and playing as many of them as possible

Even if 2 or 3 come good, the bowling attack will do much better than a medium pace attack.

India has succeeded in the 2018 to 2020 period in test cricket by getting together quite a few quick bowlers for test cricket. Indian quick bowlers have the lowest bowling averages as a group, both home and away, among all teams.

But we have not tried to develop our next gen of quick bowlers ... and are often preferring an entire attack of medium pacers in white ball cricket. I don't understand this approach. We will fall back below other teams if we take this route.