Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

It was surprising to see Bumrah bowl so few bouncers and just a single yorker in the whole innings.

In most innings where he has taken a few wickets, bouncers and yorkers have been rather frequent.

Lack of rhythm and confidence, you could easily sense that in his body language. Despite that, he never let his intensity drop. Top effort today after yesterday's struggle in the second spell, 15-6-23-0 at a very good pace. Could easily have picked 3-4 wickets on some other day. His first over beating Kane multiple times set a good the tone for rest of the day

39 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Lack of rhythm and confidence, you could easily sense that in his body language. Despite that, he never let his intensity drop. Top effort today after yesterday's struggle in the second spell, 15-6-23-0 at a very good pace. Could easily have picked 3-4 wickets on some other day. His first over beating Kane multiple times set a good the tone for rest of the day

Bumrah looked in good rhythm today ... for the first time after his abdomen injury. He kept up pressure from his end and his economical bowling allowed others to pick wickets around him.

I just felt that a few surprise bouncers and yorkers could have fetched him 3 or 4 wickets ... not necessarily with those deliveries but the batsmen would have been kept guessing. 

Yes, it can be a confidence issue and I hope to see him back to his normal self in the 2nd innings.

Edited by express bowling
20 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah looked in good rhythm today ... for the first time after his abdomen injury. He kept up pressure from his end and his economical bowling allowed others to pick wickets around him.

I just felt that a few surprise bouncers and yorkers could have fetched him 3 or 4 wickets ... not necessarily with those deliveries but the batsmen would have been kept guessing. 

Yes, it can be a confidence issue and I hope to see him back to his normal self in the 2nd innings.

HE is underperforming big time.

not using his brains properly.

ash is getting wickets on a pitch in which there is zero assistance to pitch.

bumrah is not applying his brains and not bowling on wickets too....

30 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

HE is underperforming big time.

not using his brains properly.

ash is getting wickets on a pitch in which there is zero assistance to pitch.

bumrah is not applying his brains and not bowling on wickets too....

In thd 2nd innings Bumrah is lacking intensity and just going through the motions.

I was expecting him to bowl flat out and be the enforcer ... as the pitch has flattened out.  Try to force the batsmen out.  But he did not do it.

He hasn't tried to set up batsmen either.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

In thd 2nd innings Bumrah is lacking intensity and just going through the motions.

I was expecting him to bowl flat out and be the enforcer ... as the pitch has flattened out.  Try to force the batsmen out.  But he did not do it.

I am not watching ;.. that is really sad to hear.  I just hope that he is recovering well from that injury.  Along with hamstring tears, ab tears can be some of the hardest injuries to come back from.  I am still hoping he has one big spell left in him today.  Just one.  

Just now, express bowling said:

He has already given up and conceded this match in his mind

His mindset has been a major disaster in KOs,seems to loose everything when everything is on the line

It was just him who was needed others would have followed,had he been at his usual best(of 2018/19s) we could have done better,he has failed to understand to land deliveries in these conditions and also lost  how to set up batsmen ,no bouncers no yorkers if nothing is happening

This is not the Bumrah we know

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Last time in England he got good inswing dunno what happened this match.

17 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I am not watching ;.. that is really sad to hear.  I just hope that he is recovering well from that injury.  Along with hamstring tears, ab tears can be some of the hardest injuries to come back from.  I am still hoping he has one big spell left in him today.  Just one.  

16 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

He has already given up and conceded this match in his mind

His mindset has been a major disaster in KOs,seems to loose everything when everything is on the line

It was just him who was needed others would have followed,had he been at his usual best(of 2018/19s) we could have done better,he has failed to understand to land deliveries in these conditions and also lost  how to set up batsmen ,no bouncers no yorkers if nothing is happening

This is not the Bumrah we know

With very little movement on offer, I want Bumrah to try a bouncer barrage with fielders in the deep and a short leg.

Bouncers are difficult to score off without taking a risk if there is a deep square leg and a deep mid wicket.

And slip in yorkers in between.

Try something different rather than losing timidly.

Edited by express bowling
11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

People are forgetting Bumrah is still just 19 tests old bowler. He isn't going to win you every game. Bowling attack as a whole need to take responsibility.

Finals and semi finals of ICC Events are not just another match.

Great players usually find it in them to perform in these big events. They draw that extra something from within to give their best.

Most Indian big players, including Bumrah, have failed to do this. 

This is the disappointing part.