Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

That makes the batting thinner.Ashwin should come in for Binny.Pankaj for Shami if a change is necessary.The balance of the team shouldn't be tinkered with.
With Bhuvi batting well, we have batting till 8 even without Binny. Something which was not thought of before this series. This might give us the option for an extra pacer.
With Bhuvi batting well, we have batting till 8 even without Binny. Something which was not thought of before this series. This might give us the option for an extra pacer.
Don't have any faith on Dhoni & Jadeja,both are hit or miss in overseas tests.We need a guy like Ashwin there at 7.
Don't have any faith on Dhoni & Jadeja,both are hit or miss in overseas tests.We need a guy like Ashwin there at 7.
No man. You need to think both ways. Ashwin's bowling is poor in overseas. Jaddu has done good enough to be in squad. PS : Jaddu is not a test material though.
Little bit disappointed with Shami overall' date=' hope he steps up rest of the series[/quote'] Already said, fitness doesnt look good due to excess flab. Kohli said he is the most lazy played in the team and that shows in his fitness. Munaf was same. He did put more effort in this innings but was underbowled. He is still struggling with his action and runup, not balanced enough.
dropping shami will be a mistake as he is getting better and we did same with umesh and look how it ended up .. today he was asked to bowl short which is not his game
If resting Shami for a couple of matches means the end of the road for Shami then I have to agree. It is possible for Dhoni to walk that path. Shami is still the best pacer for subcontinent tests for me. Those low , skiddy, reverse swinging , quick deliveries can be lethal in the subcontinent. However, if horses for courses policy can be followed by our captain, Pankaj might be a better bet in England.
If resting Shami for a couple of matches means the end of the road for Shami then I have to agree. It is possible for Dhoni to walk that path. Shami is still the best pacer for subcontinent tests for me. Those low , skiddy, reverse swinging , quick deliveries can be lethal in the subcontinent. However, if horses for courses policy can be followed by our captain, Pankaj might be a better bet in England.
after 2 games where he kept getting better and better you want to rest young bowler ? also pankaj should come in for binny and shami is easily better than pankaj or pandey its just matter of clicking and i will never support such knee jerk dropping of players when he is not even bowling that badly there have been catches dropped of him and some times he had to bowl in conditions not suiting him...dropping him would be like dropping umesh..i know you want to try pankaj,aaron or pandey but imo none of them are as good as this guy when he is in rhythm and they should play but not at his positon if you are worried about batting then remember that even bhuvi and jadeja scored
In outside subcontinent tests , every team needs atleast 2 pacers who can bowl good bouncers. In England, you need atleast 2 swing bowlers too. Only Pankaj will give both options. Plus, he is a wicket taker. That's why I want him in the team.
i am not even sure that pankaj can bowl short and do well he is more of a swing bowler and only got bit of pace after working hard also you also need more than 1 bowler who can swing and seam the ball and no one comes close to shami when he is rhythm
In outside subcontinent tests , every team needs atleast 2 pacers who can bowl good bouncers. In England, you need atleast 2 swing bowlers too. Only Pankaj will give both options. Plus, he is a wicket taker. That's why I want him in the team.
Whom will you drop? The only guy dispensable in this team right now is binny and replacing him with pankaj who will not bring in anything new that shami,ishant or Bhuvi don't already have will be pointless. 3. Options are Ashwin,rohit and may be if we want to rattle the English with further pace than maybe Aaron. Pandey is obviously behind pankaj in the order.
Whom will you drop? The only guy dispensable in this team right now is binny and replacing him with pankaj who will not bring in anything new that shami,ishant or Bhuvi don't already have will be pointless. 3. Options are Ashwin,rohit and may be if we want to rattle the English with further pace than maybe Aaron. Pandey is obviously behind pankaj in the order.
aaron brings in good pace and his bouncers as we saw today can be deadly but not at place of shami but at place of binny
aaron brings in good pace and his bouncers as we saw today can be deadly but not at place of shami but at place of binny
Yep that's what I am saying.....shami can be as good as Bhuvan with the new ball with extra pace....obviously Bhuvi is better on current form and his overall consistency
Yep that's what I am saying.....shami can be as good as Bhuvan with the new ball with extra pace....obviously Bhuvi is better on current form and his overall consistency
yep but you never know if in next match bhuvi is ineffective and shami picks wickets its very normal thing and not worth dropping players after every game heck play batsman if you want to but what is point of playing binny and ignoring him during game ?
Binny is the obvious dropping candidate. Who his replacement should be should depend on the type of pitch. I would prefer Pankaj. There are lots of takers for Aaron or Ashwin too. If not Pankaj then Aaron.
Binny is the obvious dropping candidate. Who his replacement should be should depend on the type of pitch. I would prefer Pankaj. There are lots of takers for Aaron or Ashwin too. If not Pankaj then Aaron.
it will depend on track but you pretty much summed up scenarios they might also think about playing rohit but if track is flat it will kill 4 man bowling attack
also who said we need 2 bowlers which are good at bouncing ? most teams have one such guy
How ? South Africa has Morkel who is constantly bouncing and Steyn who can unfurl a series of hostility bouncers as and when required. Australia usually has all 3 pacers who can and does bowl effective bouncers. England often have 4 pacers who can bowl decent to good bouncers. Like this team. NZ specializes in multiple tall, bounce bowlers. If you consider all time great pace attacks. Garner, Holding, Roberts, Marshall. McGrath, Gillespie, Lee. Walsh, Ambrose, Bishop, Patterson. Lillee, Thompson. All these bowlers bowled multiple vicious bouncers. Sometimes almost all day.