Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

11 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

many would talk about ajaj, axar, jayant,ash but please understand the value of Siraj's bowling.

to bowl at 145L on a patta wankhade wicket is out of the world.  as soon as he started hitting 139K +, i knew , he will take wickets as batsman dont catch it with low bounce n skid that wankhade offers.

i beleived that Umesh would also get 1 or 2 but umesh was bowling slow though very accurate.

hats off to Siraj.

Hope kohli gives him another chance to bowl. he outclassed umesh totally. in kanpur if siraj had played , he would have got some wickets.

siraj should open with bumrah and shammi in africa...prasidh/avesh should be the 4th pacer.

My preferred bowling line-up for South Africa

6. Pant ( wk )

7. Ashwin / Jadeja

8. Shardul

9. Bumrah

10. Siraj

11. Prasidh

12 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:
54 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

one of the best fast bowling display on indian soil by an indian with high pace and movement .

Last i saw one was Srinath vs WI way way back also in Wankhede . He was real quick with moving in duckers that evening . 

zak and srinath have bowled the best on indian wickets but yes Siraj seems way better than umesh and ishant.

I mentioned fast in Bold . Zak never bowled fast in India and took wickets. That is why Kapil is also excluded .

Siraj has natural ability to take wickets upfront, as he showed again today.

And from early 2021, he can bowl 90 mph accurate yorkers at will.

I think not picking him for the T20 World Cup was a big mistake 

Bumrah and Siraj, breathing fire in tandem, has to be the way forward for us in all BIG games in all formats.

8 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

Siraj is the most important fast bowler for us.Bumrah doesnt pick early wickets so siraj is the one making early inroads.

in india, if the pace bowler picks up 2 wickets, the game is as good as done. even one wicket sometimes suffices. Spinners will destroy after.

5 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

one of the best fast bowling display on indian soil by an indian with high pace and movement .

Last i saw one was Srinath vs WI way way back also in Wankhede . He was real quick with moving in duckers that evening . 

You did not see this thread or matches from 2015 to 2019? Umesh Shami?? 

1 hour ago, Sgattick10 said:

@express bowling aaj khush toh tum bohat hoge :aha: what a spell from Siraj. Couldnt believe Kohli didn't give him more overs.. He prefered Umesh over him :facepalm:

Khush? You can't even imagine the feeling after Siraj's success, being vindicated after I had talked about Siraj being potential Indian bowler when he hadn't even played for Hyderabad. He was 21 and raw. Also got ridicule when he got thrashed in his early T20s. 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Siraj has natural ability to take wickets upfront, as he showed again today.

And from early 2021, he can bowl 90 mph accurate yorkers at will.

I think not picking him for the T20 World Cup was a big mistake 

Bumrah and Siraj, breathing fire in tandem, has to be the way forward for us in all BIG games in all formats.

And Sakaria the calming effect after early onslaught

That is some variety

You can also try Porel,Chahar,Arzan Nagaswalla and others

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

You did not see this thread or matches from 2015 to 2019? Umesh Shami?? 

Have seen several but cannot remember a spell where they have taken 3-4 wickets in first spell  with high pace & movement . Most of the good spells from them have come with older ball  with reverse with low bounce .  One spell from Umesh at Dharamshala could equal this .

That is why rate this 3 over spell at the start on this wicket as one a very good one .  Anyway we may differ in our opinion. No issues .

12 minutes ago, Lord said:

loved Siraj's energy. Fast overtaking Bumrah to be my favourite bowler. Never thought I'll say that.

Clearly would've won in Kanpur if he played

1000% we would have won comfortably in nagpur. He'll we would have beaten or drawn vs  Kiwis in wtc. 

Siraj bumrah shami would be ruthless even without prep. 

Siraj would have strike early. Maybe 180 190 all out. We would have had a lead of 40. Who knows. We may have confidently batted. We wouldn't have let southee *ing score 27 and take the score to 235. 

200 may have been a winning total that day for second innings. 

5 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Have seen several but cannot remember a spell where they have taken 3-4 wickets in first spell  with high pace & movement . Most of the good spells from them have come with older ball  with reverse with low bounce .  One spell from Umesh at Dharamshala could equal this .

That is why rate this 3 over spell at the start on this wicket as one a very good one .  Anyway we may differ in our opinion. No issues .

Umesh vs WI and BD, shami VS WI come to mind. Perhaps some of the earlier Aus SA games  but need to check stats. Don't think This Siraj spell is much better than those to be honest.