express bowling

Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

What I am saying is that he did not get to bowl at the right moments today.

If I were the captain, I would have given Bumrah the 1st and 3rd overs.

If he still failed, I would agree with you.

Bumrah just fizzles out in world tourneys,this is getting annoying bro

I admit we have been playing with mediocre attack in lois for quite sometime now

We need two hard length bowlers upfront,a swing bowler maybe as third

9 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Shaheen 146kph

Rauf 152kph

Joke is on us :hysterical: We're dealing with trundlers like Bhuvi who can't even cross 130 nowadays.Shami is also done.
Pace bowling need a total overhaul.

Shami and Bhuvi looked like club level bowlers today.

It is time to move on from both in white ball cricket, unless they resurrect themselves from the next match onwards.

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shami and Bhuvi looked like club level bowlers today.

It is time to move on from both in white ball cricket, unless they resurrect themselves from the next match onwards.

Who are the alternative bowlers, who could take their place in Indian team as fast bowlers?

Edited by Alam_dar
16 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Shaheen 146kph

Rauf 152kph

Extra Pace played a big part today, and usually does in most matches.

Shaheen, Bumrah and Rauf were difficult to hit.

Shami did not bowl at full pace today.

I really missed someone like Siraj who was putting the ball in good areas at 140 k+ in this IPL.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

I really missed someone like Siraj who was putting the ball in good areas at 140 k+ in this IPL.

Yes! They were struggling to put bat on ball against Rauf while Hassan was mauled.

Shami was looking medium pace today although speed was not shown most of the time on his bowling.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Slowers coming out of pacers like named above makes it even more difficult to put away in sticky conditions like these as compared to coming out of Bhuvi or other trundlers

No one named Rauf here he did bowl superbly bang on target fast,did vary with slower ones if not for him India could have gone over 170+

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Slowers coming out of pacers like named above makes it even more difficult to put away in sticky conditions like these as compared to coming out of Bhuvi or other trundlers

No one named Rauf here he did bowl superbly bang on target fast,did vary with slower ones if not for him India could have gone over 170+

If there isn't enough movement on offer, Teams need one 140 k to 152 k type pacer to combine with a 137 k to 147 k type wicket taking pacer for best effect.

Pakistan had both today.

We had the 2nd type but lacked the first type.

As you said, a high 140s ball, followed by a slower ball, makes things very difficult for batters.

Thing about Bumrah vs Pak... I guess he has not played them that often. He has pace and all but against Pak he has generally laid an egg.

Compare to BKV Prasad.... had little pace but against Pak he brought his A game.

If all bowlers are similar speed - we need at least one tall bowler. I am talking 6-4 or 6-5 and not named Ishant. Maybe Porel and btw he does not have a "t" in his first name.

bhuvi was not even accurate, was bowling 125 to 133K against arch rivals PAK and the ball did not SWING, if the bowl does not swing then Bhuvi becomes a rank trundler, no teeth at all.

shammi did not bowl full throttle, he was trying slow balls , i always had faith in him that he could break Babar and rizwan partnership. he did beat them once or twice but did not get the wickets.

Bumrah bowled well and was very close to clean bowling rizwan..

i would like to credit that SHAHEEN , rauf , Babbar and rizwan. they were deadly.

24 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

bhuvi was not even accurate, was bowling 125 to 133K against arch rivals PAK and the ball did not SWING, if the bowl does not swing then Bhuvi becomes a rank trundler, no teeth at all.

shammi did not bowl full throttle, he was trying slow balls , i always had faith in him that he could break Babar and rizwan partnership. he did beat them once or twice but did not get the wickets.

Bumrah bowled well and was very close to clean bowling rizwan..

i would like to credit that SHAHEEN , rauf , Babbar and rizwan. they were deadly.

Not just swing. the dip should be there. That dip was missing even for Bumrah

Pakistan have plenty of genuine pace options - Hasnain, Dhani, Shaheen, Rauf and even Naseem has recently regained pace. 

Bitter truth is we dont compare for now.  With the exception of 3 bowlers - Umran, Siraj and Prasidh who bowl a few above 145 , no one even crossed that mark in the IPL. Maybe the odd delivery. 

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

If there isn't enough movement on offer, Teams need one 140 k to 152 k type pacer to combine with a 137 k to 147 k type wicket taking pacer for best effect.

Pakistan had both today.

We had the 2nd type but lacked the first type.

As you said, a high 140s ball, followed by a slower ball, makes things very difficult for batters.

We didn't even have the second type. Bumrah isn't a wicket taker up front.

3 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Pakistan have plenty of genuine pace options - Hasnain, Dhani, Shaheen, Rauf and even Naseem has recently regained pace. 

Bitter truth is we dont compare for now.  With the exception of 3 bowlers - Umran, Siraj and Prasidh who bowl a few above 145 , no one even crossed that mark in the IPL. Maybe the odd delivery. 

Even in 2016 they bowled quicker than us ,had we won people would say pace doesn't matter .The difference is they love fast bowling more than us ,they live by that sword and also die by it, whereas for us it's more about the ends and not the means ,we just don't have that passion for quick bowling.