Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

How ? South Africa has Morkel who is constantly bouncing and Steyn who can unfurl a series of hostility bouncers as and when required. Australia usually has all 3 pacers who can and does bowl effective bouncers. England often have 4 pacers who can bowl decent to good bouncers. Like this team. NZ specializes in multiple tall, bounce bowlers. If you consider all time great pace attacks. Garner, Holding, Roberts, Marshall. McGrath, Gillespie, Lee. Walsh, Ambrose, Bishop, Patterson. Lillee, Thompson. All these bowlers bowled multiple vicious bouncers. Sometimes almost all day.
new zealand have swing bowlers ..ofc they can bowl occasional bouncer nad harris and siddle rarely bowl short for australia
new zealand have swing bowlers ..ofc they can bowl occasional bouncer nad harris and siddle rarely bowl short for australia
Harris and Siddle can and do bowl good bouncers as and when required. Pattinson, Starc, Cummins... all have good bouncers. The seam and swing bowlers of NZ are usually very tall and bowl decent bouncers too, albeit not as hostile as their Aussie, South African or West Indian peers.
Harris and Siddle can and do bowl good bouncers as and when required. Pattinson, Starc, Cummins... all have good bouncers. The seam and swing bowlers of NZ are usually very tall and bowl decent bouncers too, albeit not as hostile as their Aussie, South African or West Indian peers.
but they do not bowl short you can check harris's pitch map if you want to and pattinson was same guy who bowled in low 130's in england (i think in lords ) starc and johnson never play together and cummings played one test again he does not plays with johnson in a test match only johnson is given role of bowling short even if he goes for runs ...you cannot afford 2 bowlers to do that so its pretty much pointless to include some one who can only bowl at pace with not much skill of moving a ball in place of genuine swing/ seam bowler
but they do not bowl short you can check harris's pitch map if you want to and pattinson was same guy who bowled in low 130's in england (i think in lords ) starc and johnson never play together and cummings played one test again he does not plays with johnson in a test match only johnson is given role of bowling short even if he goes for runs ...you cannot afford 2 bowlers to do that so its pretty much pointless to include some one who can only bowl at pace with not much skill of moving a ball in place of genuine swing/ seam bowler
You are missing the point completely. I am not talking about continuous short pitched bowling only. The type which Ishant did today. Most Aussie fast bowlers have the ability to bowl good bouncers. They do use them from time to time, to push the batsmen on the backfoot. Then they bowl good length , moving deliveries and go for wickets. Most good fast bowlers in the world , whether South African, Australian, West Indian, Pakistani or English .... mix it up. It us neither continuous short pitched stuff nor continuous pitched up bowling. Usually far more good length deliveries are bowled these days. I repeat .... I am not talking about continuous short pitched bowling ala Johnson.
You are missing the point completely. I am not talking about continuous short pitched bowling only. The type which Ishant did today. Most Aussie fast bowlers have the ability to bowl good bouncers. They do use them from time to time, to push the batsmen on the backfoot. Then they bowl good length , moving deliveries and go for wickets. Most good fast bowlers in the world mix it up. It us neither continuous short pitch stuff nor continuous pitched up bowling. I repeat .... I am not talking about continuous short pitched bowling ala Johnson.
what you are talking about is something shami has to slowly develop but you do not drop player for that as in england this ability is secondary aussies play in australa where tracks demand such bowling and like i said when we tour there we would need tall and quick bowler to complement other 3 actually shami can mix t up but when he bowls short its too short i think he needs to get length better away from india as he does not needs to be that short . anyway i am in favor of 4th quick bowler playing but not someone who replaces sham or any other quick in team.
what you are talking about is something shami has to slowly develop but you do not drop player for that as in england this ability is secondary aussies play in australa where tracks demand such bowling and like i said when we tour there we would need tall and quick bowler to complement other 3 actually shami can mix t up but when he bowls short its too short i think he needs to get length better away from india as he does not needs to be that short . m anyway i am in favor of 4th quick bowler playing but not someone who replaces sham or any other quick in team.
Dropping Shami is a highly debatable topic for sure. The safer route would be to go for a 4th pacer in place of Binny. Could be Pankaj or Aaron.. take your pick.
Dropping Shami is a highly debatable topic for sure. The safer route would be to go for a 4th pacer in place of Binny. Could be Pankaj or Aaron.. take your pick.
for 4th seamer i like them both but would prefer pankaj if track was like lords but its hard and bouncy like australian track (i mean in nature obviously nothing like that will be here in england ) for me aaron becomes better option on such tracks

Most Indian pacers are either too short or lack pace or do not have the practice to bowl effective bouncers. Dhoni has been lamenting about this fact often. In a few of the televised matches , among Indians this season, Pankaj, Gony, Bumrah and Ravi Kiran have bowled good bouncers continuously. Among these... Pankaj and Bumrah are good wicket taking bowlers too. That's why I am interested in them. Dhawal is decent in this count too. Shami and Umesh and even Aaron ,who is somewhat better,need to practice bouncers.

dropping shami will be a mistake as he is getting better and we did same with umesh and look how it ended up .. today he was asked to bowl short which is not his game
dropping doesnt mean forever. It wiil jolt like last time. I dont want him to take his spot granted. He is lazy but needs to work hard on his fitness, so he doesnt go Munaf way.
dropping doesnt mean forever. It wiil jolt like last time. I dont want him to take his spot granted. He is lazy but needs to work hard on his fitness' date=' so he doesnt go Munaf way.[/quote'] he is improving with every inning and no more than jolt it will just reduce his confidence even further for no reason also that lazy part from that tv show was obviously ott and he is no where like munaf i would worry if he was getting worse but from bowling at 130 k in first test to easily bowling 140 k shows he is getting rhythm back and once he clicks these posts about dropping will look stupid
No man. You need to think both ways. Ashwin's bowling is poor in overseas. Jaddu has done good enough to be in squad. PS : Jaddu is not a test material though.
I'm not saying Jaddu should be replaced.Him batting at 7 & Dhoni at 6 will be a gamble with Kohli out of form.So MS,Ash,Jad & BK at 6,7,8 & 9 will be ideal.

If our top 6 were in prime form I'd go with Jaddu at 7,BK at 8 & 3 seamers in Ishant,Pankaj & Aaron/Shami but Dhawan is not converting his starts, Vijay is in form of his life,Pujara is doing allri8,Rahane is a gun batsman, Virat is clueless,Dhoni is not test class at no. 6 overseas so if we go with 4 seamers+Jaddu that means we've 5 proper batsmen+Dhoni with Jaddu & BK to follow.It'll be a huge gamble & batting looks quite thin with this combo. So Vijay,Dhawan,Pujara,Kohli,Rahane,Dhoni,Ashwin,Jadeja,BK,Ishant,Pankaj/ Shami should be the XI.Pankaj on a hard bouncy track,Shami on a slow,low track.Aaron should not be in the squad in the first place,it should've been Umesh. BK,Ishant,Umesh these 3 are our best test seamers for now.Shami should pull his socks up soon or he'll carry drinks pretty soon.

For a long time I wanted Dhoni to use one of our pacers as an intimidating fast bowler. Wrote about it often. A bowler who would bowl multiple hostile and accurate bouncers to intimidate batsmen and push them on the back foot. At last Dhoni has thought of the same thing and I am happy that results have come instantly too. True fast bowling is about intimidating batsmen and not about high speed gun readings. And it comes from multiple accurate and hostile bouncers.