Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

41 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i saw him in IPL his % of hard length was very low , thats what im talking. I like him in test/ODI that bounce of his X factor is myth in middle overs 

Those pitches where he worked mostly had great bounce or two pace pune n Ahmedabad or not to forget that initial spicy IPL pitch 

You can't keep bowling on same lengths everytime..  Yes I agree he was inconsistent for a while in last IPl with his lengths but T20 demands variation as well.  He's far from becoming Hazelwood or McGrath yet. 

The Pune pitch was good flat batting deck where everyone was travelling. 

Amdavad yes pitch had bounce but only two guys managed to exploit that Prasidh & Alzarri Joseph..  Rest were pretty mediocre including Siraj. 

This is first overseas tour so obviously can't expect him to match Shami & Bumrah straightaway. 

He certainly offers us something different in ODIs.   I hope he comes back to his full pace...  Coz today he did look pedestrian. 

31 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

You can't keep bowling on same lengths everytime..  Yes I agree he was inconsistent for a while in last IPl with his lengths but T20 demands variation as well.  He's far from becoming Hazelwood or McGrath yet. 

The comparison to even hazelwood-mcgrath shudnt even be done its unfair on the kid

Im talking bout that length is coz of the bounce factor ppl talk about him which shud be give him more wkts specially with his height . He isnt good at variation or yorker so hard length shud serve him well but he isnt executing it well 

His natural length currently is more of good-fuller which serves him well with new ball and in test but currently new ball is taken by shami-bumrah so he is coming 1st change. By that time it doesnt swing much so he needs to work out his game in middle over 

Thats why till he does he shudnt be even talked about t20 Wc in Aus , t20 even become more harsh 

The Pune pitch was good flat batting deck where everyone was travelling. 

Pune pitch is good for batting but it always has good bounce n the ball zips under light. Their he got new ball too which moves n bounces a bit more but here his role has changed 

About other travelling they all were low speed bowlers like Sam-tom curran , bhuvi, thakur ...only mark wood who had one good and one bad game (which is a general case with him)

This is first overseas tour so obviously can't expect him to match Shami & Bumrah straightaway. 

He certainly offers us something different in ODIs.   I hope he comes back to his full pace...  Coz today he did look pedestrian. 

Pace is one issue but another issue with him is length , if his role is middle overs then he has to make a bit of adjustments with his length 

On 7/12/2022 at 7:00 PM, the don said:

Prasidh is a steady medium pacee but at 135 kph , not sure he would add much to the attack as a first change bowler on flat odi wickets.

Bhuvi might line up for India in the world cup .

More of the same medium pace pitch and hope stuff from Prasidh.

10 hours ago, the don said:

Reece Topley’s 6-24 are the best figures for an England bowler in ODIs.

broke collingwood's record, which is rather funny since colly was a fairly mediocre bowler. however, such bowlers seem to have a lot of unexpected success in ODIs. likes of Sir Viv, Stuart Binny, scott styris, collingwood, etc. have 6 wkt hauls

On 7/14/2022 at 8:51 PM, express bowling said:

Does Bumrah have a niggle ?

Not running in well ... pace down by 5 k to 10 k ... grimacing at times.

And Bumrah does have a niggle. Rested today.

In fact, I feel he was carrying this niggle from the 2nd Innings of the 5th test ... when he refused to hit the deck hard even when the ball stopped moving.