Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 minute ago, singhvivek141 said:

To be fair to him, he has been vouching for Umran after the Asia Cup debacle. At times he makes more sense than our established ex-players.

I know he has been making that point but these guys were extremely keen on dropping him after him getting smacked in Trent Bridge T20 on a batting paradise where everyone was traveling including opposition quicks. 

Had Umran played all those games in WI & Zim we would not be calling SoS to Umesh or Shami 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think Sen getting an IPL gig is purely heavenly calling....  Guy was picked right at the fag end of the auction as a filler.  RR later under foreign coaches realized that they stumbled upon a talent. 

One can imagine where Sen would be right now without an IPl gig & so would Umran. 

Shardul Nagwaswalla & Mukesh would be the Trio playing this game 100%. 

Him being picked was no coincidence. Kuldeep had given the trial at RR in the presence of Sangakkara before the auction. He was not a blind pick. They always had eyes on him during the auction.

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Today's kids don't give much importance to these impotent ranji dadus,all they care is IPL contract

Sooner or later pace will reign

@express bowling

Brother i didn't watch it,kindly elaborate

The commentators were constantly criticizing the 2 quick bowlers or quick bowlers in general, even when Umran and Kuldeep were in the process of picking 6 quick wickets and helping in dismissing thd opposition for just 98. 

@raki05 bhai, missing your posts on this issue. 

Edited by express bowling
9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The commentators were constantly criticizing the 2 quick bowlers or quick bowlers in general, even when Umran and Kuldeep were in the process of picking 6 quick wickets and helping in dismissing thd opposition for just 98. 

@raki05 bhai, missing your posts on this issue. 

These same commrntrator will become selectors one day.

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

What's your assessment of his bowling today ?

My impression is that Sen was more accurate when I saw him in earlier seasons, bowling with the red ball. 

It has to be kept in mind too that he is bowling with the red ball after a long time.

At times when bowler tries to go too hard for pace he loses both pace and direction. 

28 minutes ago, express bowling said:

What's your assessment of his bowling today ?

My impression is that Sen was more accurate when I saw him in earlier seasons, bowling with the red ball. 

It has to be kept in mind too that he is bowling with the red ball after a long time.

There is some glitch with his release point, locks his wrist for to long at delivery point, some improvement is definitely needed, a few more India A games under his belt now would be great, pretty surprised akashdeep could not find his way in the roi team, his height, control and decent pace is what is needed for India currently, prasidh, Sen, umran, dayal seem to be shaping up well in the longer formats, Siraj will end playing all three formats, we need to stop depending on bumrah now and picking Umesh in the t20 was a criminal backward step, Mohsin, tyagi need game time to.

6 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

There is some glitch with his release point, locks his wrist for to long at delivery point, some improvement is definitely needed, a few more India A games under his belt now would be great, pretty surprised akashdeep could not find his way in the roi team, his height, control and decent pace is what is needed for India currently, prasidh, Sen, umran, dayal seem to be shaping up well in the longer formats, Siraj will end playing all three formats, we need to stop depending on bumrah now and picking Umesh in the t20 was a criminal backward step, Mohsin, tyagi need game time to.

Playing actual FC matches and List A matches / ODIs does wonders for the development of a pace bowler. Umran looks a different beast after playing some longer format matches.

Sen needs some gametime too. Being a net bowler for Team India is good if there are no actual matches around. I don't know why he missed the Ranji Trophy Final. 

28 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Afraid not. Was in flight because these days I am straddling gurgaon and bengaluru. Hopefully, hotstar has the H/Ls available.

BTW, in bengaluru I discovered K'taka institute of cricket minutes walk away from my place. Full of midget quicks with the odd 6'+ specimen towering in the background. Wife was in a rush so couldn't watch much but I plan to spend some time there eventually.

Will look forward to your feedback on the young Bengaluru quicks. 

It was wonderful to see Umran bowl with control while keeping his pace intact and gaining bounce and movement.

Some people were complaining about his performances in earlier games. They don't understand that it is just the process of getting ready an uncut diamond. 

I am so happy that he is working on his stock ball and not trying too many things. As we always say, it's FC Cricket which does it.