Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

6 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Saini is anyway fast.

The match where I have seen Sen clocking 141, he also clocked 145 in the same game (but I didn't see that).

Umran clocked 146 when I saw live (but he later clocked faster than that).

Umran had clocked 149 ,maybe even 150 but then runs out of steam .

1 minute ago, MediumPacer said:

Umran had clocked 149 ,maybe even 150 but then runs out of steam .

I haven't seen him running out of steam...he has bowled 145+ even in the end overs of ODI's, so he is definitely not only a 4 over bowler.

Ofcourse you can't expect a fast bowler to bowl 5-6 over spell in one go.

3-4 overs spells is the way to go for such quicks.

13 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I haven't seen him running out of steam...he has bowled 145+ even in the end overs of ODI's, so he is definitely not only a 4 over bowler.

Ofcourse you can't expect a fast bowler to bowl 5-6 over spell in one go.

3-4 overs spells is the way to go for such quicks.

Runs out of steam as in, can't bowl 145+ right through the day.His record is very poor in fc,clearly indian pitches don't suite him .

In india you have to bowl slowly so that ball doesn't come onto the bat,guys who bowl under 145 will leak runs unless they bowl superbly.

Edited by MediumPacer
3 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Not sure, haven't seen Harshit under domestic speedguns. Mayank has bowled 137-139 on domestic speedguns.

However I have seen Kuldeep Sen clocking 141 in domestics speed guns &

he has clocked 145 in internationals and 150 in IPL, Harshit is more or less in same pace range like Sen.

I saw Kuldeep Sen clock 147 kph in last year's Irani Cup. This was in a later spell. Multiple deliveries were bowled above 144 k.  

In the same match, Umran clocked 150 kph. LSRK said in commentary that " the last ball was at 150 kph ". And I saw one at 149 kph too. 

Kaverappa is tall..so will extract some bounce..from his domestic records..looks accurat ebowler..if he starts moving bowl..then at 135k he might be good in Eng and NZ as well..with bounce and movement + accuracy.

I would prefer him to hit 138-140k atleast..who knows..may be in better bowling conditions..he will be willing to put more efforts..as our domestic pitches dont excite pace bowlers..and he is saving his energy and keeping injury free..

with more spotlight..he can develop some pace and variety..could be good..

Edited by Need4Speed
44 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Kaverappa is tall..so will extract some bounce..from his domestic records..looks accurat ebowler..if he starts moving bowl..then at 135k he might be good in Eng and NZ as well..with bounce and movement + accuracy.

I would prefer him to hit 138-140k atleast..who knows..may be in better bowling conditions..he will be willing to put more efforts..as our domestic pitches dont excite pace bowlers..and he is saving his energy and keeping injury free..

with more spotlight..he can develop some pace and variety..could be good..

He is excellent against right handers not so against left.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kaverappa will probably clock 127 k to 140 k in international cricket.  

140K is OK but still, I will prefer Umraan and Kuldeep Sen to be trained well instead of picking a Kaveraapa who is possibly a very good bowler and a bit of an Australian bowler type(I mean 6 feet 3 inches or higher) 

i have seen Kuldeep Sen and Umraan's bowling in Mumbai IPL. i saw one ball that the keeper missed ( from Sen) and it came at a super fast speed and went for a 4. 

Umraan bowled some rockets- keeping on these two bowlers and even one Khaleel ( as he always bowled with an angle) was a very tough job. i guess samson was keeping when sen was bowling and he was finding it tough.

How is umraan bowling - any comments.

9 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Kaverappa has clocked 135 now (134.7).

Add 6 to 7K - thats what his reading will show on an international speedometer. domestic speedometers show at least 6 to 7K low. if Saini is bowling 143k, he is touching 150K actually. is kaverappa is 135K in domestic matches , he is 142K in international and he can improve.

2 hours ago, MediumPacer said:

He is excellent against right handers not so against left.

If he doesnt have inward movement to lefty..in that case he may come round the wkt..and try to occasionally cut the bowl so it moves away from the leftie..and mix straight angled bowls in between..

On 9/30/2023 at 10:29 AM, express bowling said:

Irani Cup starts tomorrow.

Pacers for ROI

Saini

Akashdeep

Kaverappa

Dayal

Very surprised that Harshit Rana is not there after a good Ranji season. 

And expected Kuldeep Sen too. We are wasting this guy. 

Sani-His time is gone now

Dayal- Not sure if he is intnl. quality.

Very less thoughts are given in selecting the promoting fast bowlers. Looks like noting changed under Agarkar as well

5 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Add 6 to 7K - thats what his reading will show on an international speedometer. domestic speedometers show at least 6 to 7K low. if Saini is bowling 143k, he is touching 150K actually. is kaverappa is 135K in domestic matches , he is 142K in international and he can improve.

I had the same thought, but after watching the spell of Kaverappa live...I doubt he is touching 140's...as in comparison to Prasidh (who is as tall as Kaverappa) he is visibly slower.

Kaverappa was as quick as Unadkut..who was around 130 and bowls at same pace in internationals.

46 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Sani-His time is gone now

Dayal- Not sure if he is intnl. quality.

Very less thoughts are given in selecting the promoting fast bowlers. Looks like noting changed under Agarkar as well

They don't have any clue about others,the data analyst operating in domestics are also freeloaders,they too don't have many names beyond the ones which are floating already besides there are some 'given' selections for eg Nagarwala,Mukesha etc they keep floating

Agarkar and co. hasn't put any effort to look beyond the regulars