Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

2 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

Bumrah was moving the dukes ball prodigiously against the windies. Nothing of the sort today.

Also remember him troubling left handers from over the wicket.

His seam position was different in 2019, bowled with a tilted seam rather than an upright seam.

His bowling in Windies was so lethal that it surpassed peak Waqar and Steyn. He hasn't swung the ball since then.

Edited by MechEng
45 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Below par bowling from Bumrah so far.

Too many loose balls ... plus very few dangerous balls.

agree....he did bowl fast occasionally. at some times he looked ordinary.

Shammi beat the batsman regularly but did not get wckets.

Ishant was looking his old times beating batsman but unlucky.

ashwin was smart. 

long story short when india bowled SUN had come out and it seems that the ball was not swinging ...

i believe ishant , shammi and bumrah will get better weather conditions and then these guys will bounce back big time.

shammi and bumrah are bowling 136 to 145k and thats rapid and they are in rhythm..i have full faith they will create panic in new zealand team. we should be able to restrict new Zealand under 250 runs. if we do that , we have some chance in this test else if they score 270 runs + in first Innings then it will be very tough for us to manage a WIN.

yea bumrah hasnt found swing at all. did well towards the end. his pace is terrifying but he needs to move the ball more. 

problem is both booms and shams are hit the deck bowlers. same as cummins. Booms and shams are so much more dangerous on flat decks with bounce. bumrah just started in india but soon he will reach shami level in asia as well. He just needs to work on his reverse swing ability. 

poor overall from bumrah but i have a feeling he will bounce back. he is starting to look dangerous. 

42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It has been reiterated so many times that in England you need bowlers who can swing the ball. Both Bumrah and Shami are hit the deck. One such bowler is sufficient. Others must be able to swing.

Our bowling attack should have been

7. Jadeja .. Spinner + batsman

8. Shardul .. Swing bowler + can bat

9. Ishant .. Tall inswing bowler

10. Bumrah .. Hit the deck Fast bowler

11. Siraj .. Swing bowler at sharp pace

NZ would have lost many more wickets then.

Kohli is not a good judge of which players to pick and just picks the senior players as he finds comfort in not having to decide which players are needed.

Edited by express bowling
35 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Our bowling attack should have been

7. Jadeja .. Spinner + batsman

8. Shardul .. Swing bowler + can bat

9. Ishant .. Tall inswing bowler

10. Bumrah .. Hit the deck Fast bowler

11. Siraj .. Swing bowler at sharp pace

NZ would have lost many more wickets then.

Kohli is not a good judge of which players to pick and just picks the senior players as he finds comfort in not having to decide which players are needed.

He is a very tried and test, pedantic type captain who sticks to proven methods for all conditions with the same bowling attack formula. 

Shardul, sundar and nattu would wreak havoc here. 

We want to dominate world cricket but have no plans to do such

Yes we have good pacers coming up but thing is all surfaces are not like Australia or even India/SL etc NZ,Eng are the places where we haven't done well in recent times,we need to shortlist bowlers for those conditions

I have not see a single swing bowler who is in scheme of things for red ball cricket all i have seen some in IPL for eg Sandeep,Natrajan

13 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

We want to dominate world cricket but have no plans to do such

Yes we have good pacers coming up but thing is all surfaces are not like Australia or even India/SL etc NZ,Eng are the places where we haven't done well in recent times,we need to shortlist bowlers for those conditions

I have not see a single swing bowler who is in scheme of things for red ball cricket all i have seen some in IPL for eg Sandeep,Natrajan

Natarajan's coach says that he is not good at swinging the ball.

Siraj and Shardul would be 2 excellent picks as swing bowlers in England and NZ .. because both can hit the deck for bounce when the ball is not swinging. And Siraj can generate extra pace when needed too.

Chahar or Sandeep type pacers don't work in tests because they look pedestrian if the ball stops moving.

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Chahar or Sandeep type pacers don't work in tests because they look pedestrian if the ball stops moving.

Chahar has decent pace, English conditions like here will aid swing in all five days,im not a big Chahar fan as bowlers like him are too conditions dependent but ,here where ball has been swinging prodigiously we badly needed atleast 2 pacers out of four pronged pace attack

Why not have an all conditions pool?

6 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Chahar has decent pace, English conditions like here will aid swing in all five days

Not talking about pace. But ability to hit the deck hard for bounce and seam movement when the ball is not swinging.

If England is not that rainy or cloudy then swing bowling does not work and seam bowlers are needed.

6 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

,im not a big Chahar fan as bowlers like him are too conditions dependent but ,here where ball has been swinging prodigiously we badly needed atleast 2 pacers out of four pronged pace attack

Why not have an all conditions pool?

Agree.

Which is why I prefer to include Siraj and Shardul in England, who are top quality swing bowlers but can hit the deck hard for bounce if there is no swing on offer.

53 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Not talking about pace. But ability to hit the deck hard for bounce and seam movement when the ball is not swinging.

If England is not that rainy or cloudy then swing bowling does not work and seam bowlers are needed.

Agree.

Which is why I prefer to include Siraj and Shardul in England, who are top quality swing bowlers but can hit the deck hard for bounce if there is no swing on offer.

My ideal choice would have been plainly based on conditions for this match and forthcoming heavily overcast conditions ,Siraj Shardul Chahar Ishant/Bumrah/Shami

In England whenever we tour we have been presented with heavy swing aiding surfaces(because of our awful batting in those conditions) and conditions there have always backed lateral movement throughout the day,i have come to a conclusion apart from having good seamers(Siraj,Shardul)we need a genuine swing bowler to incash whatever help we are provided with upfront

Edited by Suhaan
1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

My ideal choice would have been plainly based on conditions for this match and forthcoming heavily overcast conditions ,Siraj Shardul Chahar Ishant/Bumrah/Shami

In England whenever we tour we have been presented with heavy swing aiding surfaces(because of our awful batting in those conditions) and conditions there have always backed lateral movement throughout the day,i have come to a conclusion apart from having good seamers(Siraj,Shardul)we need a genuine swing bowler to incash whatever help we are provided with upfront

With Kohli as captain, if Chahar gets in the test set-up, we may see him getting picked in tests in India or Australia, if he is among the senior-most pacers who are fit for the series.

Look how Senior Umesh plays ahead of young pacers outside Asia and Ishant is chosen in India. And how senior Ashwin is preferred over Shardul even in England. 

This why, with Kohli as captain, I prefer only all condition players. 

21 minutes ago, express bowling said:

With Kohli as captain, if Chahar gets in the test set-up, we may see him getting picked in tests in India or Australia, if he is among the senior-most pacers who are fit for the series.

Look how Senior Umesh plays ahead of young pacers outside Asia and Ishant is chosen in India. And how senior Ashwin is preferred over Shardul even in England. 

This why, with Kohli as captain, I prefer only all condition players. 

You nailed it,Kohli is a zombie cant expect him to think

Can't fault Kohli all the time, what were the 3 *ing pacers doing bowler round the wicket for the first 20 (21?) overs! Did no one every thought of using the angle & trying to bring the ball back in? The 4 balls before tea & JB had Latham in all sorts of trouble, couldn't the bowlers think of changing the angle themselves or do they need a baby bottle to spoon feed them :whack2: