Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

8 minutes ago, speed_thrills said:

Bhuvi is not better, just lucky enough to pick up some free wickets on offer at times,

Tired of all these malnourished trundlers we churn out and always injured speed demons.

Bhuvi has aged and thus mostly remains injured,but he wasn't anyhwere near this mediocre when he began,he was quite good from 2012-2016,since then he is been going through a freefall

Edited by Suhaan
49 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We do. But we are preferring trundlers these days for their supposed or real batting ability.

My categorisation of pacers/seamers as per TM's preference: 

Tier 1: Bumrah, Shami, Ishant (Tests), Umesh, Bhuvi (LOIs)

Tier 2: Siraj, Shardul, Natarajan, Deepak Chahar (LOIs)

Tier 3: Saini, Prasidh, Avesh

Tier 4: Sakariya, Ishan Porel, Nagerkotti, Kartik Tyagi, Warrier, Nagashwalla, Arshdeep, Simarjeet (selected for a national squad or as net bowlers in recent tours), 

Tier 5: Mavi, Harshal Patel, Ankit Rajpoot, Unadkat, Aaron

Tier 6 (hardly known yet but promising talents): Kuldeep Sen, ?

Those in bold can bowl 140+.

Sakariya's selection was purely the punt to create a Nattu like scenario.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Tier 4: Sakariya, Ishan Porel, Nagerkotti, Kartik Tyagi, Warrier, Nagashwalla, Arshdeep, Simarjeet (selected for a national squad or as net bowlers in recent tours), 

The TM and selectors are picking too many medium pacers for LOIs these days.

While there should always be a place for an exceptional swing bowler ( even though he is a medium pacer ), too many medium pacers always make the attack one dimensional and weak.

Even in the T20Is against England the TM packed the team with trundlers. 

It's true that with our first team being in England, our choice of quicks have been limited.

But why have Tyagi and Mavi been totally ignored by the selectors  !!   Tyagi's exclusion, even as a net bowler in SL, is very very disappointing. He should have been in the main squad itself.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

time to bump down Saini and move up Tyagi. Enough of his 6packs that keeps getting injured in crucial situations. First in Australia and now in Srilanka 

1 minute ago, maniac said:

time to bump down Saini and move up Tyagi. Enough of his 6packs that keeps getting injured in crucial situations. First in Australia and now in Srilanka 

Yep. A sad story. Just couldn't step up. Had everything going for him but bottled it - both physically and mentally. I'd rather we go back to Aaron for 140+ pacers. 

Tyagi's status is not clear. Is he fit, the njured, recovering at NCA. Not to pick him or Mavi for this tour was strange. 

9 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Yep. A sad story. Just couldn't step up. Had everything going for him but bottled it - both physically and mentally. I'd rather we go back to Aaron for 140+ pacers. 

Tyagi's status is not clear. Is he fit, the njured, recovering at NCA. Not to pick him or Mavi for this tour was strange. 

someone at the medical staff needs to be held accountable. You can excuse a player for hiding an injury but this is happening too often Saini, Bhuvi,Hardik I have all seen them get injured in the middle of the game more than once. Umesh I can give him the benefit of doubt because fitness is usually not a concern for him even though happened in Australia 

22 minutes ago, express bowling said:

While there should always be a place for an exceptional swing bowler ( even though he is a medium pacer ), too many medium pacers always make the attack one dimensional and weak.

It's true that with our first team being in England, our choice of quicks have been limited.

But why have Tyagi and Mavi been totally ignored by the selectors  !!   Tyagi's exclusion, even as a net bowler in SL, is very very disappointing. He should have been in the main squad itself.

I read somewhere they only want him to play Tests. Didnt feature in IPL this year too

21 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Chetan Sharma will push back this refreshing trend that we had for past 5-6 years by playing juicy tender trundlers in every damn series in the name of variety

I have seen some peculiar attributes in Indian trundlers they should not even be called trundlers rather call them medium spinners for they operate in 120s ,swing or no swing you will be mauled in today's age 

They should be training hard to atleast maintain 130+

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

How did Sakaria get picked for ODIs ?

Averaged 40 in List A before this tour.

We want to get back to the trundling 1980s.

Sakaria is Useless...i knew it before.

actually except Shaw, deepak chahar , rahul chahar , varun chakrabarthy , Surya Kumar and Ishan Kishan...i did not like any one. samson is inconsistent.

even today's Pacer looked average. BHuvi is a shadow of his past , just swings the new ball , hardly any pace.

pandya brothers also looking average.