Jump to content
express bowling

Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Vilander said:

So they have three bowlers bowling 145 + i say that's very good. One of them accurate and also very young, looking back where are mavi and I cant remember the other guys name its such a growth from Saheen. 

 

 

Pakistan is trying to go back to choosing multiple quick bowlers in their bowling attack. They had moved away from this policy from 2013 to 2019 or thereabouts  ... and it did not help them.

 

I am always in favour of forming a pool of 140 k+ pacers who are taking wickets or bowling well in domestic cricket and A-teams. And then trying to develop them with special attention and playing as many of them as possible

 

Even if 2 or 3 come good, the bowling attack will do much better than a medium pace attack.

 

India has succeeded in the 2018 to 2020 period in test cricket by getting together quite a few quick bowlers for test cricket. Indian quick bowlers have the lowest bowling averages as a group, both home and away, among all teams.

 

But we have not tried to develop our next gen of quick bowlers ... and are often preferring an entire attack of medium pacers in white ball cricket. I don't understand this approach. We will fall back below other teams if we take this route.

Link to post
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

 

Pakistan is trying to go back to choosing multiple quick bowlers in their bowling attack. They had moved away from this policy from 2013 to 2019 or thereabouts  ... and it did not help them.

 

I am always in favour of forming a pool of 140 k+ pacers who are taking wickets or bowling well in domestic cricket and A-teams. And then trying to develop them with special attention and playing as many of them as possible

 

Even if 2 or 3 come good, the bowling attack will do much better than a medium pace attack.

 

India has succeeded in the 2018 to 2020 period in test cricket by getting together quite a few quick bowlers for test cricket. Indian quick bowlers have the lowest bowling averages as a group, both home and away, among all teams.

 

But we have not tried to develop our next gen of quick bowlers ... and are often preferring an entire attack of medium pacers in white ball cricket. I don't understand this approach. We will fall back below other teams if we take this route.

 

 

The fast-tracking of Prasidh Krishna - as a horses for courses selection, given that he's tall and could get the bounce that was seen to be effective from Mark Wood and co, was reasonable.  

 

Given the lack of A tours at the moment, its hard to see which deserving young express pacer isn't being given an opportunity.  Let's see how the IPL goes.

 

Link to post
3 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

 

Pakistan is trying to go back to choosing multiple quick bowlers in their bowling attack. They had moved away from this policy from 2013 to 2019 or thereabouts  ... and it did not help them.

 

I am always in favour of forming a pool of 140 k+ pacers who are taking wickets or bowling well in domestic cricket and A-teams. And then trying to develop them with special attention and playing as many of them as possible

 

Even if 2 or 3 come good, the bowling attack will do much better than a medium pace attack.

 

India has succeeded in the 2018 to 2020 period in test cricket by getting together quite a few quick bowlers for test cricket. Indian quick bowlers have the lowest bowling averages as a group, both home and away, among all teams.

 

But we have not tried to develop our next gen of quick bowlers ... and are often preferring an entire attack of medium pacers in white ball cricket. I don't understand this approach. We will fall back below other teams if we take this route.

 Yup there is institutional knowledge in pak side India is relatively rigid and results oriented for instance a spray gun attack of prasidh nagar mavi tyagi would never bowl for india

Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2021 at 1:48 AM, sandeep said:

 

 

The fast-tracking of Prasidh Krishna - as a horses for courses selection, given that he's tall and could get the bounce that was seen to be effective from Mark Wood and co, was reasonable.  

 

Given the lack of A tours at the moment, its hard to see which deserving young express pacer isn't being given an opportunity.  Let's see how the IPL goes.

 

 

 

I am not talking about just 2021 or just pacers who can touch 150 k.

 

Countries which have produced good quality quick bowlers in the past, like Australia,  the West Indies, South Africa and Pakistan, have a preference for bringing the better quality 140 k+ pacers to the fore.

 

Quick pacers like Riley Meredith and Jhye Richardson are already playing for Australia at a young age, despite fighting injuries.

 

In India, we could not even debut Siraj in tests for 2+ years after his superlative success for India A.  Prasidh has not been fast tracked. He has been performing superbly for 3 List A seasons and in FC ... and is already 25.  Mavi does not even get to play for his state team often enough. Avesh Khan is already 24, performing in domestic cricket but still languishing. 

 

Team India and the selectors must have a plan in mind for bringing in all the good quality 140 k+ pacers to Team India by the time they are 22 to 24. But that is not happening.  

 

3 formats ... workload management  ... player rotation ... injuries. Lots of slots are available due to this.

 

 

 

 

Edited by express bowling
Link to post
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Impressed with Siraj bowling with the white ball today. 

 

His accuracy has improved a lot. 

 

He hardly bowled a loose ball today while bowling at good pace. This combination is the key. Even his bouncers were accurate and hostile. 

He looked like a bowler full of confidence.  So good to see.

Link to post
11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

He looked like a bowler full of confidence.  So good to see.

 

 

I am looking for atleast 3 young pacers who are highly skilful ... can bowl at 140 k+ ...  have good bouncers and yorkers ... and have both red ball and white ball skills.

 

Bumrah is one.

 

Siraj is on the way to becoming the 2nd.

 

If Prasidh can be the 3rd then our fast bowling unit will be very effective and highly interesting to watch.

 

(  Ishant and Umesh don't have a lot of time left in international cricket and lack white ball skills too. Even Shami is getting old and we need replacements ready )

Link to post
3 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

 

I am looking for atleast 3 young pacers who are highly skilful ... can bowl at 140 k+ ...  have good bouncers and yorkers ... and have both red ball and white ball skills.

 

Bumrah is one.

 

Siraj is on the way to becoming the 2nd.

 

If Prasidh can be the 3rd then our fast bowling unit will be very effective and highly interesting to watch.

 

(  Ishant and Umesh don't have a lot of time left in international cricket and lack white ball skills too. Even Shami is getting old and we need replacements ready )

Prasidh

Siraj

Tyagi

Avesh

Mavi

 

Plenty of options. Someone just needs to give them chances. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post

Tamil Nadu has plenty of strong local guys from the village area. Cricket there is dominated by upper caste from what I hear. 

 

Believe me, you will be shocked how strong some of these guys are. The ones from the poorer upbringing who toil hard in the farms etc. 

 

Need to bring more of these guys into the Tamil Nadu team. 

Edited by Jay
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...