Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

33 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Siraj was overbowled today. He was good in patches but needs to be more consistent.

One thing I liked about Siraj was that he bowled exactly 20 overs today and 25 for this innings,  but was bowling with full energy even at the end. This is the sign of a test match bowler. 

If he can cut out the boundary balls, he will be a real handful.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

One thing I liked about Siraj was that he bowled exactly 20 overs today and 25 for this innings,  but was bowling with full energy even at the end. This is the sign of a test match bowler. 

he needs to get new ball and Shami is better with old ball

I think Siraj lets emotions get better of him sometimes and tries too hard,thus leaking boundaries

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

agree.. he induced edge multiple times and did bowl with lot of intensity.. 

A couple of things I would like to see from our pace attack.

1)   When the ball is not moving much then push the batsmen back with a couple of bouncers and then bowl fullish deliveries.

This is an age old set up method which results in the batsmen getting circumspect about coming on the front foot and may edge fuller deliveries even if they are not moving.

I am surprised to see us not using this technique often enough.

2)   Get in a couple of tall 140 k+ " bounce bowlers " in the squad and include atleast one in the playing 11.  (   We don't have any true bounce bowlers among our regular pacers )

Most of our pacers are skiddy bowlers and combining skiddy pacers and bounce bowlers will make it much more difficult for batters.

Prasidh and Tyagi are 2 such candidates although Tyagi needs some FC experience.

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

For the entirety of the ENG inning yesterday, conditions were ideal for batting. A flat deck and blue skies above. Well done to the bowlers for their effort. I'd like it even more if they can be a little less profligate and make it really claustrophobic for the batsmen in the middle. Give nothing away, like they did as a bowling group in AUS.

They are not capable of doing that very well. Ishant is the best at that because of his high release. Others cant exert much control when the pitch is true. 

23 minutes ago, express bowling said:

God only knows what speeds this broadcaster in showing.

They now came up with the speed of a ball even before it was bowled.  (  And it was not the speed of the last ball of the last over as it was shown too )

Screenshot_2021-08-12-18-35-05-88.jpg