Shootout : Ronaldo v Neymar v Messi

BlueBee

Comparing IPL vs EPL and other leagues is absurd. No one really cares about IPL in India from a skill perspective..it is just like a movie (more than we'd think perhaps given all the developments!) that people forget once it is over. It is not even close to as important as international cricket. In football it isn't as clear cut. I am sure that for a club fan in England, the EPL would means a hell lot, possibly even on par with the WC..maybe even more in some cases! So you can't just compare Ronaldo to Pollard. The guy has game.He has performed for different clubs, over and over again. The WC win is missing from his CV and Messi will certainly firmly edge ahead once and for all if he manages to win this WC. From a player vs player perspective, Messi is better with free kicks, is more of a team player, has more intrinsic skill and game sense than Ronaldo who sometimes seems to play for the crowd. He isn't as good as CR7 with both feet or headers though, but as an overall package he is probably - scratch that - he is better. Neymar isn't up there yet.

From what I have seen in this World Cup Messi lost possession lot of times for a GOAT. He lost the ball even in a one on one tackle very often.. Still not convinced in a 90 minute game. He sure can pull off magic moments. But that is done by lot of players.

Never knew goal per match is the sole indicator of greatness. If that is the case' date=' kunishige Kamamoto > Pele.[/quote'] Dude that was quoted to show that he is not a one hit wonder as the previous poster had claimed, having scored consistently over 50 internationals at a faster pace than even Messi. No one is saying he is the greater than anyone based on goals scored, that is more based on what I have seen myself this WC.

Ofc international goals scored per game is misleading. Let's use whatever suits us. :hahaha: Ronaldo is the biggest flop in WC history. He could do whatever he wants in Premier leagues, unless he can score goals in WC, he isn't worth talking about.
It's misleading cause Ronaldo was more of a traditional winger in his developing years like a Nani for example from 2003-2006. Players with this role get what, 5 goals in evey 30 games? Neymar has always been just a forward, their main job is to put the ball in the back of the net.

It's misleading cause Ronaldo was more of a traditional winger in his developing years like a Nani for example from 2003-2006. Players with this role get what, 5 goals in evey 30 games? Neymar has always been just a forward, their main job is to put the ball in the back of the net.
Do you think he got enough chances and played the right position to score more than ONE goal in 3 games this WC? Also, two of the opponents were ranked much lower than Portugal. In 13 WC games between 2006, 2010 and 2014, he has 3 goals? WTF!

Do you think he got enough chances and played the right position to score more than ONE goal in 3 games this WC? Also' date=' two of the opponents were ranked much lower than Portugal.[/quote'] Yes tbh. 2010 and 2014. 7 games, 2 goals. Disappointing. But I personally don't read too much into it. This time he had knee injury, was sitting out of training and missing chances he would normally put away. Portugal is a 1 man army, Argentina and Brazil are better overall, Argentina in particular has many world class players. When overall team is better it's also harder to stop the main main and vice versa. Ronaldo has been excellent in the UCL. That is just as high if not higher level than World Cup.

I wouldn't judge a player like Bale indivdually for his Wales record or for the fact Wales will never qualify for the World Cup. Instead I would for his Real Madrid or Tottenham performances. It's just how I see it although it's understandable why some people say Ronaldo is no great. Also Rankings mean little Swiss are 6th, not even close to 6th best side in world. USA above Holland and France. Spain 1st. Portugal is not 4th best side in world, they barely qualified cause of some magic from Ronaldo. The one man army. Portugal parked the bus and made the semi's in Euro 2012, they just don't have quality apart from Ronaldo like other teams.

Messi is a ****ing whiner :thefinger: He can't even run for the ball, AFAI have seen Messi hardly gets the ball. Ronaldo would've been way ahead of Messi had he been any team like Argentina. Yeah I agree that Neymar is still young to be compared to these two, but he is by far better player than these two as far as I've seen.

U have to consider the fact that Neymar scored mostly in friendlies as Brazil had already qualified as hosts so the NT stats are misleading.So Brazil only played friendlies for last 2-3 years. Can't compare his record with the likes of Messi Rinaldo Suarez or even Zlatan.

U have to consider the fact that Neymar scored mostly in friendlies as Brazil had already qualified as hosts so the NT stats are misleading.So Brazil only played friendlies for last 2-3 years. Can't compare his record with the likes of Messi Rinaldo Suarez or even Zlatan.
What about his 4 goals this WC? Misleading too? :winky:

Messi is a ****ing whiner :thefinger: He can't even run for the ball, AFAI have seen Messi hardly gets the ball. Ronaldo would've been way ahead of Messi had he been any team like Argentina. Yeah I agree that Neymar is still young to be compared to these two, but he is by far better player than these two as far as I've seen.
:facepalm: Kids these days

Ronaldo >>>>>>>>>> Daylight >>>>>>>>> Mesi > Neymar
:hysterical: watching Ronaldo reminds me of whenever I am tying to figure out the controls for new fifa game I just bought...I would press something which would make the player do something flashy and the opponents would just steal the ball right under my legs

:hysterical: watching Ronaldo reminds me of whenever I am tying to figure out the controls for new fifa game I just bought...I would press something which would make the player do something flashy and the opponents would just steal the ball right under my legs
Lol , I agree sometimes he does try to be too extravagant and showboats too much. But I suppose that's his style and he like the attention!

Lol ' date=' I agree sometimes he does try to be too extravagant and showboats too much. But I suppose that's his style and he like the attention![/quote'] His dribbles are usually show off. I don't know how many goals he's scored by cutting through the defenders.