Messi choked

CSK Fan

If you follow football you would know its not only about goals.Messi is more than that He has great vision as well,opp try to man mark him and use 2-3 defenders which creates space for others .the pass for the cross which higuan scored which was off side was genius .Its a team game and argentina have only themselves to blame for not winning when they have 3 sureshot oppurtunities.

If you follow football you would know its not only about goals.Messi is more than that He has great vision as well,opp try to man mark him and use 2-3 defenders which creates space for others .the pass for the cross which higuan scored which was off side was genius .Its a team game and argentina have only themselves to blame for not winning when they have 3 sureshot oppurtunities.
It's a bit subjective. What exactly is expected out of him is not known I think. People want to see Messi dribbling from the mid field, beating 3-4 defenders on the way and score. Something that Maradona did. But as someone said, he is under the same pressure as Sachin. He might not exactly be the player of the WC, but he did his part. Just that he shouldn't have missed that goal in the finals.

I think Germany were just a better team. They were able to build offense and in sense keep ball away from Messi. Its like saying Kahn chocked in 2002 Final. I think it was because of Kahn that the score line was 2-0. Or else it would have been 4-0.

Had Higuain or Palacio converted their simple chances i guess Messi would not have choked then?
It's not that he choked,he never goes deep to retrieve the ball.No Iniesta nor Xavi to pass the ball. So in essence he played the game he was most comfortable with and it wasn't enough

It's not that he choked,he never goes deep to retrieve the ball.No Iniesta nor Xavi to pass the ball. So in essence he played the game he was most comfortable with and it wasn't enough
Ok but would it have been enough had Argentina converted one of their excellent chances?

There is no way you can call his missed chance a sitter' date=' was not the easiest chance.[/quote'] Kroos put it on a platter for him. Can't get easier chance than that. But not really surprising Higuain chocked he has a history of doing this for Madrid