Best Hindi thrillers of recent times

DomainK

Brilliant. but what an under rated actor...aamir khan and nasiruddin shah get bigged up alot more than him but Amrish Puri was equally good if not better..
Correct abt Anupam Kher...for some reason Muslim actors get bigged up more. Irrfan Khan, Nawazuddin(not tht much, but alot for a new comer) Anupam Kher is brilliant. Vinay Pathak, KK Menon are fabulous too. Om puri and Boman Irani are very good.
Lol, at the muslim thing. Amrish Puri was very, very rated. He even did Hollywood movies and is considered one of the best all time actors. Only thing was, unlike Amir or Nasiruddin Shah, he rarely played a hero and that makes the difference in popularity And all the others you mentioned are rated too, though Irfan has played much more variety for roles and both Irfan and Nawazudding are currently doing many things and most of it mainstream. This is why you fell they are more popular. Anupam Kher I believe has been very inconsistent, he can give a brilliant performance one day and suck completely and overact in the next movie. He seems to be getting better with every day though

Lol' date=' at the muslim thing. Amrish Puri was very, very rated. He even did Hollywood movies and is considered one of the best all time actors. Only thing was, [b']unlike Amir or Nasiruddin Shah, he rarely played a hero and that makes the difference in popularity
good point in bolded...guess it still doesnt negate my point entirely... Getting a role Hollywood movies is not any benchmark i am sure u'll agree and AP was not bigged up as much as few other less talented actors.
Anupam Kher I believe has been very inconsistent, he can give a brilliant performance one day and suck completely and overact in the next movie. He seems to be getting better with every day though
no he wont ever 'suck' ...he was brilliant in some roles and decent in others...

Om Puri's selection of movies' date=' at least in the last decades or so, has been absolutely terrible. As for acting, I think Naseeruddin Shah is the better of the two.[/quote'] It depends. I like Om Puri's acting more. Never seen a lot of his Bollywood/Hindi movies.

no he wont ever 'suck' ...he was brilliant in some roles and decent in others...
He definitely sucked in Mohabbatein in my opinion, role didn't suit him at all. Also check Zamana Deewana or Chatur Singh. Or this qqqA3CaSwKI There was also one where he was some love doctor.

He definitely sucked in Mohabbatein in my opinion, role didn't suit him at all. Also check Zamana Deewana or Chatur Singh. Or this qqqA3CaSwKI There was also one where he was some love doctor.
Yeah he overacts in comedy sometimes.But I'd say the roles itself were crap.Can't see anyone else pulling them off either. So its selection of roles issue more than bad acting

Kahaani was good in comparison to all the crappy candy floss movies we get from bollywood. Also there was this movie called being Cyrus which was pretty good. If you don't mind rip offs murder 2 was pretty intense. Apart from that Johnny gaddaar

Am I the only one who thinks irfan khan overdoes emotions very much like kamal Hassan. For eg; when he tears up towards the end of life of pi it defintetely felt ott.
He's someone who rarely goes OTT with his emotions. I sometimes feel he could try being more emotional on screen.

Agree with MTC. Anupam Kher has done some awkward roles and his acting School is by far the worst unless you want to be a Varun Dhawan.
They too have to earn their money while they can. The film industry is a very tough place to work. Even proven actors like Pavan Malhotra struggle to find enough work. And despite their much superior talent, predominantly character actors like Anupam Kher and Nasiruddin Shah earn much less than the "popular actors". While we would like to see them playing great characters in great movies, such movies and characters come along only once in a while. It takes a lot of things that lead to ac actor playing a great character in a movie - good writers, a very good director, good cinematographer, finance and a distributor to release the movie despite the obvious lack of popular appeal. While all these are coming together to happen once in a few years, these guys have to earn their living and save for future.

They too have to earn their money while they can. The film industry is a very tough place to work. Even proven actors like Pavan Malhotra struggle to find enough work. And despite their much superior talent, predominantly character actors like Anupam Kher and Nasiruddin Shah earn much less than the "popular actors". While we would like to see them playing great characters in great movies, such movies and characters come along only once in a while. It takes a lot of things that lead to ac actor playing a great character in a movie - good writers, a very good director, good cinematographer, finance and a distributor to release the movie despite the obvious lack of popular appeal. While all these are coming together to happen once in a few years, these guys have to earn their living and save for future.
:two_thumbs_up:

That's where the critics come in. Our only concern is to judge them as an actor and the movies they are involved in, the rest doesn't matter. Kher has acted in way too many bad films for a good artist.

That's where the critics come in. Our only concern is to judge them as an actor and the movies they are involved in' date=' the rest doesn't matter. Kher has acted in way too many bad films for a good artist.[/quote'] It is his meal. He does not work to please critics. You get good films which are rare and bad films which are dime a dozen. He is not a mainstream hero that he gets in crores. He is a character actor. He cannot chose like Aamir or Hritik. If he only waits for good films, he will do one in 5 years.

It is his meal. He does not work to please critics. You get good films which are rare and bad films which are dime a dozen. He is not a mainstream hero that he gets in crores. He is a character actor. He cannot chose like Aamir or Hritik. If he only waits for good films' date=' he will do one in 5 years.[/quote'] I'm an audience; as an audience, I don't need to be bothered about an actor's personal issues when he performs in a movie. My concern is to judge him on his performance. I'm doing that and by that POV, he has acted in way too bad movies. He's aged now and has made plenty, yet he goes on to do movies like Main Terra Hero. Not every good artists do that after a certain period. And not every actor goes after riches.