Best Hindi thrillers of recent times

DomainK

They too have to earn their money while they can. The film industry is a very tough place to work. Even proven actors like Pavan Malhotra struggle to find enough work. And despite their much superior talent, predominantly character actors like Anupam Kher and Nasiruddin Shah earn much less than the "popular actors". While we would like to see them playing great characters in great movies, such movies and characters come along only once in a while. It takes a lot of things that lead to ac actor playing a great character in a movie - good writers, a very good director, good cinematographer, finance and a distributor to release the movie despite the obvious lack of popular appeal. While all these are coming together to happen once in a few years, these guys have to earn their living and save for future.
It is his meal. He does not work to please critics. You get good films which are rare and bad films which are dime a dozen. He is not a mainstream hero that he gets in crores. He is a character actor. He cannot chose like Aamir or Hritik. If he only waits for good films' date=' he will do one in 5 years.[/quote'] I also believe, apart from the role themselves, you can see lack of effort from his part in those roles too, like a lack of sincerity

Irfan isn't a new comer and Nawazuddin is pretty damn good. Deserves all the credit coming his way.
Nawazuddin is a good actor. Irfffan Khan on the other hand is massively over rated. The only roles he does well are those where his character is slightly schizophrenic and/or borderline crazy with sudden facial twists and voice modulations within the same scene/shot. But that being his natural self doesn't even require much acting.

I'm an audience; as an audience, I don't need to be bothered about an actor's personal issues when he performs in a movie. My concern is to judge him on his performance. I'm doing that and by that POV, he has acted in way too bad movies. He's aged now and has made plenty, yet he goes on to do movies like Main Terra Hero. Not every good artists do that after a certain period. And not every actor goes after riches.
You do what is made and what is offered to you. How many good movies are made in Hindi film industry?

You do what is made and what is offered to you. How many good movies are made in Hindi film industry?
You are generalizing here. Not every actos take what is offered to them. That's called being 'selective' which most actor after an age turns towards to. Anupam Kher still needs his dose of bad masala movies. Good movies are also made in Hindi, and that is why we see actors like Kay Kay Menon, Om Puri, Rahul Bose, Manoj Bajpayee act in more good ones than bad. They might have been offered roles to some of the 100c crap, but would have refused it.As per for Anupam Kher, he's a good actor but has done some atrocious roles and still does which generally most actors don't.

You are generalizing here. Not every actos take what is offered to them. That's called being 'selective' which most actor after an age turns towards to. Anupam Kher still needs his dose of bad masala movies. G
More greedy ones do.:winky:

You are generalizing here. Not every actos take what is offered to them. That's called being 'selective' which most actor after an age turns towards to. Anupam Kher still needs his dose of bad masala movies. Good movies are also made in Hindi, and that is why we see actors like Kay Kay Menon, Om Puri, Rahul Bose, Manoj Bajpayee act in more good ones than bad. They might have been offered roles to some of the 100c crap, but would have refused it.As per for Anupam Kher, he's a good actor but has done some atrocious roles and still does which generally most actors don't.
Om Puri has done his share of masala movies too. As for others,they are typecasted as serious kind of ,so they are offered only those type of roles which they do.Anupam Kher is more versatile and hence is offered more

Om Puri has done his share of masala movies too. As for others,they are typecasted as serious kind of ,so they are offered only those type of roles which they do.Anupam Kher is more versatile and hence is offered more
Yeah, like Main Terra Hero. :giggle:

he has done good comedies too :beee: Kay Kay Menon types can only play serious boring type roles :headshake:
Kay Kay Menon has done few comedy roles in other language. Including a non-serious one in Malayalam. So can Om Puri. Not saying Kher is bad, but after an age you have to be picky, Kher has no limits when it comes to horrible roles.

How is Aamir Khan overrated!? I think he's way more talented than SRK and Salman (two biggest hypejobs of Indian cinema). Anupam Kher was a good call, he really seems to give it his all. Who remembers the old days when he used to be a villain? I quite like Nana Patekar, unique actor. On the other hand, some may say he is a one trick pony. Among the new crop, I have to give credit to Ranbeer. He stepped up and cemented himself in hindi cinema the way Virat stepped up into team India.

How is Aamir Khan overrated!? I think he's way more talented than SRK and Salman (two biggest hypejobs of Indian cinema). Anupam Kher was a good call, he really seems to give it his all. Who remembers the old days when he used to be a villain? I quite like Nana Patekar, unique actor. On the other hand, some may say he is a one trick pony. Among the new crop, I have to give credit to Ranbeer. He stepped up and cemented himself in hindi cinema the way Virat stepped up into team India.
Aamir Khan is a lot more consistent actor than Salman. But Salman's peak ( of acting prowess) is a lot higher than Aamir's. Take for instance, Andaz Apna Apna. Aamir was totally outdone in every scene by Salman Khan. Nana Patekar is a good actor, but only when he has to play a character that is always screaming/hyperventilating and or paranoid. But a testament to his acting is that he could essay the role of a mute person in Khamoshi so well.

Aamir Khan is a lot more consistent actor than Salman. But Salman's peak ( of acting prowess) is a lot higher than Aamir's. Take for instance, Andaz Apna Apna. Aamir was totally outdone in every scene by Salman Khan.
You are kidding right? Not one person except you says this. Salman was completely over the top in the movie with exact same expression in every scene. On the other hand, even in a hammy role, Amir's expression changes a lot. As an old man, watch his body language and compare with Salman's Just check these scenes, check the expression on both actor's faces. Check at 2:48, 3:32.and 4:15 and 4:47 compare expressions of both. Salman's remains the same, Amir's goes through a range plus he uses his entire face, eyebrows, etc. There is no wonder Amir was given more dialogues in the scene aQ7S1hYZwyQ