US Open - 2014

bones

Absolutely. It has been Monday finals since 2009 I think. From next year it will be completely on ESPN (no tennis channel too). Also ESPN forced them to scrap the super Saturday BS. So it will be usual Friday-Sunday finish weather permitting. ESPN does a much better job than regular network TV' date=' I am very happy too.[/quote'] You are wrong- Monday finals started only last year; there was a Monday final in 2012 but only because it rained on Sunday evening so it had to be postponed to Monday

You are wrong- Monday finals started only last year; there was a Monday final in 2012 but only because it rained on Sunday evening so it had to be postponed to Monday
Yes I was wrong but only because it was not 2009 rather 2008. From 2008 till 2012 for 5 years in a row the final was postponed from Sunday to Monday due to rain and then from last year they made it a fixed schedule. From 2015 it will move back to Sunday and the semis would be on Friday. "This is the second straight year a Monday final is scheduled. From 2008-'12, the final was played on Monday due to inclement weather. " http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2014/08/35/Corona-ATP-Slice-25-August-2014.aspx

Who do you think would have been a better competition for Nadal at French Open? Also you missed the point that without Nadal those 2 blokes would have won 5-6 FO. LOGIC fail--typical Fed fanboy!
Lendl and Borg to name 2. A Nadal fanboy should not even talk about logic. Like I said, you can't credit Nadal for not letting Djokovic and Federer win FOs without also applying the same standard to Federer himself. Anything else is double standards, even you know it in your heart of hearts. No amount of side stepping and retarded arguments about number of years will change that.

Lendl and Borg to name 2. A Nadal fanboy should not even talk about logic. Like I said, you can't credit Nadal for not letting Djokovic and Federer win FOs without also applying the same standard to Federer himself. Anything else is double standards, even you know it in your heart of hearts. No amount of side stepping and retarded arguments about number of years will change that.
Federer would have also lost to Laver and Borg at Wimbledon while we are at it. You Fed fanboys :haha: You sidestepped my whole post (#191). Go reply to my points first.

Great match from Cilic' date=' totally blew Federer off court. Still not a bad result for a 33 year old.. 2 SFs and a final...imagine Nadal doing that in 2019 :haha: he would probably struggle to do it next year.[/quote'] Let's see what the next year brings, shall we? How many Fedtards would have given Nadal a chance to have a record 10 slam winning seasons in a row? In the beginning the Fedtards gave him 2-3 years max, now here we are still talking about Nadal 10 years after. So hold your horses for now! I see no reason why he can't have a couple more. Besides Nadal won his first slam at 18-19. Federer was nowhere in the scene at that age. So longevity wise Nadal is only maybe 2 years behind. In fact Federer has 9 slam winning years, Nadal has 10 despite being 5 years younger! Go figure.

Side stepping is a Nadal fanboy trait and this thread is as big a proof of that as any. All kinds of retarded excuses will be made, strawmans and rubbish will be thrown in for good measure. Beating Djokovic at the French Open where he has 0 slams is somehow better than beating Roddick, a USO Champion, at the USO or Hewitt, an USO and Wimby Champion at those slams or Marat Safin, USO and AO Champion at those slams. Both Hewitt and Marat won USOs beating Sampras btw and IIRC both Hewitt and Roddick had superior HTH vs Sampras and Djokovic too in the latters case, not to mention all are former world number 1s. Heck Roddick beat Nadal in 2010 on HC in Nadal's best ever year :haha: let's not even mention davydenko. He is 6-1 vs Nadal on HC and even he beat Peak Nadal on HC. At the end of the day, a slam win is worth infinitely more than mere finals or semi final appearances. If Djokovic at the FO is a formidable opponent because of his 2 final appearances, then Roddick at Wimbledon is too with 3 final appearances. There is no way you can attribute Nadal's dominance at the FO to his superiority there but use different standards for Federer at other slams. Longevity and consistency is not just winning 1 clay slam per year or something, it is about consistently performing. Not playing one tournament and skipping the next or winning the FO and then getting knocked out by a player not even in the top 100 mere weeks later at Wimbledon. The consecutive SF and Finals record of Federer is staggering and a measure of his consistency. No one will ever touch him there. The 5 year age difference can be used both ways. Imagine if a 2009 Federer had to play 2019 Djokovic; what would happen there? Precious few players have won slams at or after 30(much less near 31 as in Federer's case). Looking at how Nadal is struggling to cope with the demands of the tour now for some reason and how poor unlucky Djokovic who let's Murray win slams and who is supposed to be in his prime, is getting knocked out by slamless blokes(happened at AO and now again), it doesn't seem likely at all that their runs will last much longer, forget 5 years. I have praised Nadal many times on this thread and even the nadaltards know it. I have no problem admitting Federer h2h vs. Nadal has been too lopsided even accounting for mitigating factors and in the past I have even said Nadal may surpass Federer as the GOAT. It isn't too much to ask for to see that reciprocated...but then a number of Nadaltards are oblivious to reality and any comment that doesn't say something to the effect of ''sun shines through Nadal's every orifice'' is misconstrued as an attack on their hero. Certainly look forward to next year. Interested to see what happens at Shangai first and then WTF. Should be good. I also wonder if the YE 1 is a lock for Djokovic now with Federer crashing out as well. Still number 2 at age 33 isn't so bad :)

it was coming,both cilic and kei came into the sf in the most cracking form.they would have defeated anybody in the world with their current form.fed was poor though but at his age,its difficult to maintain the good form throughout 2 weeks in hot and humid conditions,he was bound to fail in one match like he has in the last 2 USO.cilic was excellent,god form same with kei should be a good finals,i like both the players but i think cilic might edge kei

Federer played some lousy Tennis. Very weak on the backend' date=' very poor first serves. Djokivic on the other played quite well and just lost to a guy who played a tad better. It is really sad to see Federer play such mediocre Tennis.[/quote'] Federer probably played his best match of the tournament. He certainly played much better than he did against Monfils. 12 aces in 3 sets, 60+ first serve percentage, 28 winners and just 17 unforced errors. Those are very good stats. Cilic was just on a whole different level. He was unbeatable. There was not much Federer could have done differently.

Seems like another display of brutal tennis by Cilic. He simply overpowered Nishikori. How awesome is to win 9 cconsecutive sets against likes of Berdych, Federer and Nishikori. He looks powerful with imposing height of 6'6" and clean hitting. He really moving well for somebody so huge. Racket in his hand reminds me of cricket bat in Pietersen's hand. Both objects look so tiny and seemingly can be moved around very easily by their owners. I guess Cilic is their to stay. Trioka of next gen players Nishikori, Raonic, Dimitrov can be extended to a quartet by inclusion of Cilic in the group. And he doesn't come as the member of the group,he comes as the leader of the group.

And he has been around for a while too, I remember him beat Murray in USO maybe 5 years ago, and Roddick in Aus Open again about 4 or 5 years ago reaching semis there. Fell by the way side, testament to his hard work that he has reached this stage. Good on him

I've been visiting the site regularly, but I've been busy with work, so not as much time to post Raghav. I did watch the final and felt Nishikori mentally was ok, but he looked drained, his legs didn't have energy to run down many balls. Overall I'm slightly disappointed with the final, but not with Nishikori's effort. I think the scheduling and run of opponents was a step too far for him. As for the rest of the season, it will be interesting as I think both Novak and Rafa are now on the decline.

Interestingly' date=' just because Nadal wasn't there activity of bones has been pretty limited on this thread. Is he hater of nadal or Fan of Nadal :D[/quote'] Boris Becker said yesterday that one reason for Djokovic's mental letup was the absence of his main rival Nadal. May be Bones feels the same way. :hysterical: