UCL 2014-15 thread

adi B

i will admit that i have not seen many games but once i saw he was pretty good ..what do you think ?
Yes he's a good all round full back and not just limited to his defense. But how were Alves, Ivanovic etc this season? Alaba is pretty safe at left. Quick, passes well, crosses well and most importantly inks up well with Ribery. I know Lahm is no longer playing in the position.

Yes he's a good all round full back and not just limited to his defense. But how were Alves, Ivanovic etc this season? Alaba is pretty safe at left. Quick, passes well, crosses well and most importantly inks up well with Ribery. I know Lahm is no longer playing in the position.
ivanovic overrted ..he is forced to foul players way too many times after getting beaten and it looks bad because on other end we have apzilicueta who is best at 1v1 defending (he is actually right back playing left ) alves is very solid but i will argue its easier for him as he has to defend rarely and usually ends up playing as winger :cantstop: juan fran is actually pretty good i remember in champions league vs real madrid he made wonderful run beating many players but i have ot seen enough matches to know consistency

this does not include world cup ----------------------de gea--------------------------------- juan fran----pique-----boetang-------alaba ---------------modric----matic(still not sure )------------ robben-----------messi-----------hazard ronaldo i need to think more :P hazard over neymar because i think he is better at controlling tempo and i know he does not score as much but that is down to playing for defensive team and also having different role..on other hand neymar's number are inflated by messi imo will post another formation better suited tomorrow as i am not comfortable with messi and ronaldo both not paying in position maybe kick out hazard play ronaldo there and use suarez as forward ... so robben-------messi------ronaldo ------------suarez--------------- with ronaldo playing little bit more advanced than messi and messi moving little bit wide and this way matic comes in if needed as defensive cover :P