FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014

kumar713

My full and final rankings for 2014 nominees :ohyeah: 1. Ronaldo 2. Messi 3. Neuer 4. Costa 5. Courtois 6. Bale 7. Kroos 8. Lahm 9. Ibra 10. Schweini 11. Muller 12. Mascherano 13. Robben 14. Di Maria 15. Neymar 16. Hazard 17. James 18. Toure 19. Gotze 20. Benzema 21. Ramos 22. Pogba 23. Iniesta This will be final result of voting also :orderorder: Courtois so high cause I like him. Same with Bale like watching him too. So my bias. Bale is my favorite player to watch after Ronaldo. Alot of pace and power. :D Anyways Bale did great in finals against top teams. Carrying Wales contributing every game too, first time in 60 years they will qualify for a big event. Bale creates alot of easy tap in cross goals and scores alot of goals. Presses well but his role in build up play is not as effective. Others like Robben, Ribery have the edge there but Bale is alot more fun to watch.

Mascherano beats Messi to Barcelona Player of the Year award

Ballon d'Or contender Javier Mascherano has been named Barcelona's player of the 2013-14 season. Lionel Messi had won three of the previous four editions of the 'Memorial Aldo Rovira' but he was pipped to the prize by his fellow Argentina international, who demonstrated impressive consistency at the heart of the Blaugrana defence during a turbulent campaign that ended without the Catalans winning a major honour. "I thank all of you who voted for me to receive this prize," Mascherano is quoted as saying by the club's official website. "We’ll try to continue doing things as well as we have until now, with the same dedication while trying to stay faithful to what a club like this demands, which is a lot." The award is named after Aldo Rovira, a Barca club member who tragically died in an accident in 2009. The recipient of the accolade is decided by a jury of prominent figures from Barca and the Catalan media. "I was part of the jury that chose Javier Mascherano," Blaugrana president Josep Maria Bartomeu explained. “And I have to tell you, Javier, that there was quite some debate at first. "But when your name came up, the response was unanimous and so this a very well deserved prize. "It’s an honour for Barca to have a player like you.” The versatile Mascherano, who is also deployed in midfield by Barca, arrived at Camp Nou from Liverpool in 2010. The 30-year-old was linked with a move away from Catalunya at the end of last season but he signed a new contract on June 7 that binds him to the Blaugrana until 2018.

^yup' date=' same here. About time someone not named Messi/Cristiano wins this.[/quote'] He deserves it too they won because of him Any one remember how many times he saved them like vs France or sweeper keeper role to stop counters as they play with very high line Also he is only one who performed everywhere at his best

Remember his blunders v Real ?
Remember 5 blunders of ronaldo in one game in World Cup ? You do not judge player from one match but all tournaments and he was best goal keeper in everyone or competing with courtois In World Cup he was hands down best in world with no one near him

unlikely very unlikely he's a keeper and not a goalscorer. Given the trends only goalscorers win. Xavi, Iniesta in thier primes were as consistent as Neuer and were a distant 3rd. It's most likely between the big 2 unless trends change. As for big 2 it's very very close atm
U know a goal saved is as valuable as one scored This game is not just about goals and maybe its time these awards reflect it otherwise just call it award for most goals and not best footballer