Tennis - ATP/WTA Tour - 2015

bones

Don't expect anything until the clay season. He needs time to get back in shape. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes out in the the first week of the AO.
I honestly see him doing well in all 4, especially French Open and Wimbledon. He looked very good sometimes last year.

I honestly see him doing well in all 4' date=' especially French Open and Wimbledon. He looked very good sometimes last year.[/quote'] Well he is coming back from a surgery and have not had much match practice in nearly 6 months. So he would definitely need time to get back to match fitness. He needs to play small clay tournaments to build it up like he did in 2013. That would happen after the AO. I have no expectations from him at this point. A grand slam is not an ideal way to start your comeback. He needs smaller tournaments, preferably on clay which is easy on his body.

Well he is coming back from a surgery and have not had much match practice in nearly 6 months. So he would definitely need time to get back to match fitness. He needs to play small clay tournaments to build it up like he did in 2013. That would happen after the AO. I have no expectations from him at this point. A grand slam is not an ideal way to start your comeback. He needs smaller tournaments' date=' preferably on clay which is easy on his body.[/quote'] I'm not that avid of a tennis watcher, so I don't know the timings of smaller tournaments. But yes, if most of them are after Australian Open, I wouldn't expect him to do too well there. Although I am sure he has extensively been training on his own as well.

Novak a bit rusty as well, some bad tactics from him vs Karlovic as well, but I suppose like with many of the other big players, if you're going to lose, best to lose in 250 event or even 500 event rather than a Slam.

Looking forward to this season:fight:
If last year was anything to go by, not much to look forward to this year. Novak and Rafa are not as good as they were 2/3 seasons ago. Fed is almost done. The standard of the tennis will drop. Yes new guys will come along, but they won't be anywhere near as good as what we've been lucky enough to see for the last 5 years. 2013 might just be the best season we'll have in a long time.

Novak a bit rusty as well' date=' some bad tactics from him vs Karlovic as well, but I suppose like with many of the other big players, if you're going to lose, best to lose in 250 event or even 500 event rather than a Slam.[/quote'] Novak is not rusty at all. Check his previous two matches. He has always had problems against huge servers like Karlovic or Isner etc, against whom he can't get into his baseline rhythm. In a GS match he would still win but in BO3 they have a good chance of beating him.

You'd think Novak would be favourite for all slams except RG cause of Rafa. But Novak has underachieved all his career. Hence why I'm not confident of him winning more than 1. I think we may see Nishikori win one, maybe even the AO if he gets on a roll. It would suit his style of play as well. If he can sort out his fitness, he could go on and become a multiple slam winner.

Nadal is going to be fit by the time of RG' date=' and I extremely doubt Novak beating him there.[/quote'] Nadal won't be as unbeatable as in recent years. You can start to see his decline, in fact Novak has declined as well, but perhaps not as much. Neither of these players are anywhere near as good as they were 2/3 years ago. Nadal getting beaten by guys he would never lose to before and that too on clay and far more frequently. Also sooner rather than later his run at RG is going to end, law of averages in sport will eventually catch up to him.