Tennis - ATP/WTA Tour - 2015

bones

Nadal handed a good old fashioned beat down in that match, the sad part for Nadal is, he played his best match since AO and he still wasn't good enough. It's disappointing for me, cause I kind of wanted Novak to give him another beating, but oh well.

Nadal missed 4 set pounts. Unbelievable. Now he is on his way out :-(
Nadal handed a good old fashioned beat down in that match' date=' the sad part for Nadal is, he played his best match since AO and he still wasn't good enough. It's disappointing for me, cause I kind of wanted Novak to give him another beating, but oh well.[/quote'] Yes, Nadal dis not look at his best against a more complete player. This game just shows how Nadal is still missing that rigid tennis of his. This upcoming French Open is so open to all, hopefully it foes like the way US Open 2014 went. That said, looking forward to tomorow's game between Wawa and Federer.

Yes, till now i thought that FO was going to be 80-20 foregone conclusion between Rafa and Nole but i think now, there are a few contenders. On form, Nole is clearly the favorite with Rafa and Murray probably the next likely ones to win it, with the likes of Federer, Wawrinka, Berdych or Ferrer having some outside chances if they get a few 'lucky matches' and favorable times (though i think its unlikely). This is exciting, as first time there isn't an overwhelming favorite for the FO in almost a decade!

Yes, till now i thought that FO was going to be 80-20 foregone conclusion between Rafa and Nole but i think now, there are a few contenders. On form, Nole is clearly the favorite with Rafa and Murray probably the next likely ones to win it, with the likes of Federer, Wawrinka, Berdych or Ferrer having some outside chances if they get a few 'lucky matches' and favorable times (though i think its unlikely). This is exciting, as first time there isn't an overwhelming favorite for the FO in almost a decade!
The bookies disagree, they've got Novak and Rafa way way out in front.

Nadal missed 4 set pounts. Unbelievable. Now he is on his way out :-(
He has made a habit of losing close sets/matches of late, it used to be the opposite. It clearly shows that he is not confident about his game right now. In tight situations he either makes an UE or drops the ball way to short and the other guy pounces on it.

Though Nadal lost i really dont think he played badly. It was actually Wawrinka who played very well.Wawrinka kept going for his shots and good percentage of those fell right. On the other hand Nadal didnt seem to have confidence of going for big shots on key moments. But overall i ghink he played well and rate him as having decent chance at RG.

Though Nadal lost i really dont think he played badly. It was actually Wawrinka who played very well.Wawrinka kept going for his shots and good percentage of those fell right. On the other hand Nadal didnt seem to have confidence of going for big shots on key moments. But overall i ghink he played well and rate him as having decent chance at RG.
Yeah. I am hoping Nadal still has the stamina for a couple of 5 setters and i think he does. Its an entirely different game beating Nadal over 5 sets. IMO, Nadal has one of the best shots at winning the FO but i think its his lowest chance to win in the last 10 years. His low ranking coupled with some really strong play from the top 4 on form means he will have to avoid Nole and most likely Murray or Nishikori in the QF. IIRC, Nadal has had gritty starts to the FO recently and went into God-mode later on in the tourney. He can be vulnerable in the QF against those three and IMO, its the best shot Federer has of defeating Nadal on clay in years.

Those of you who keep boasting about H2H, here is the perfect example of why H2H stats suck balls. Djokovic and Federer are playing so well, they reach the semis and especially in the case of Djokovic, you feel if Nadal had got to the final to face him then he would have another big chance of closing the H2H gap. H2H are useless precisely because you need to them actually be there to contest it out. Djokovic and Federer are almost always in the later stages their QF and SF runs in tournaments is ridiculously high, outside of clay Nadal's is nowhere near as impressive and even on clay it's not good this year. Here I was hoping for another Novak - Rafa match so Novak can 1. win and 2. close the gap 1 step more. If it carries on like this, they may not even meet that many times this year. So who's fault is that? Novak's? H2H stats are shyte and hopefully Nadal fans get it through their heads why they suck balls.

From what we are used to seeing from Nadal, he played like a top tennis player in the first set uptill Tie Break. After that his game dropped like how it does for a 50th ranked player against a top 5 ranked player. Nadal is fighting well like always but in cameos I believe. I feel maybe a 5 set match might bring his game back as the longer the match, the more time Nadal will get to grind, and that might just bring Nadal back to his best or close to.