The Australian Open 2015

zep1706

I am backing him to reach final. But eventually Djokovic is going to win it. He is simply unstoppable at slow hardcourts of australian open. But a semi-final with Stan may be tricky of Djoko.
The courts are playing quite faster this year. Actually they have quickened them up from last year.

So we're at the QFs and barring Federer there aren't any major surprises. Nishikori vs Wawrinka, by far and away the most exciting of all the matches. I can't see Nadal losing to Berdych, Djokovic will probably struggle his way through TB after TB with Raonic and Murray will hammer Krygios. It looks like on paper to be quite a tasty end to the tournament even without Fed.

Now that Nadal has reached the quarterfinals, I think he'll probably make his way to the finals. Murray and Djokovic might struggle against Kyrgios and Raonic respectively but they should win. I can see Djokovic taking on Wawrinka and Nadal defeating Murray, so Nadal and Djokovic will probably be in the finals.

It will be fun to watch Kyrigos vs Andy Murray game. Andy has gotten better since his first round. Also it goes without saying, Crowd will be in full support and will help him pull out a victory like they did previously in the game against Seppi. But I believe Murray will be hard to beat. I actually want Murray to win as I believe he can beat Nadal in Semis and actually also beat Djokovic for the title at this time or Wawarinka. I do not see Kyrigos beating Nadal at this time. He surely did get better of him last year at Wimbledon, but still for me he lacks the maturity at the toughest of levels.

So we're at the QFs and barring Federer there aren't any major surprises. Nishikori vs Wawrinka, by far and away the most exciting of all the matches. I can't see Nadal losing to Berdych, Djokovic will probably struggle his way through TB after TB with Raonic and Murray will hammer Krygios. It looks like on paper to be quite a tasty end to the tournament even without Fed.
Nadal is losing tonight. Berdych is playing really well and Nadal is still at 70-75%. For the first time in years I am picking Berdych over Nadal.

OK some bold predictions. There is no fun otherwise. :P QF-- Djokovic vs Raonic- Winner:Raonic :winky: Nishikori vs Wawrinka - Winner: Nishikori Nadal vs Berdych- Winner: Berdych Murray vs Kyrigos- Winner: Murray Semi: Raonic vs Nishikori- Winner: Raonic Murray vs Berdych- Winner: Murray Final: Murray vs Raonic- Winner: Murray

Nadal is losing tonight. Berdych is playing really well and Nadal is still at 70-75%. For the first time in years I am picking Berdych over Nadal.
I hope to see it happen. And as we are at it, I hope even Djokovic falls apart in the other half of the draw. I want a repeat of US Open where none of the big 4 reaching the final It will impressive of Nishikori to have made another semi final if he does it.

Just as I expected Berdych beat Nadal in straight sets. The first two sets were the worst I have seen Nadal play in GS. The third set was much better although he was still not sharp enough. Berdych was at his normal level but he held his nerves well in the third. Nadal needs to play small clay tournaments like 2013 to get back in shape.

That was a rout..!! Berdych usually not able to compete with Nadal as Nadals top spin renders Berdych power hitting completely ineffective. But not today :-( Hope he builds up from here and gets in to best shape by clay season.
It was always coming tbh,Nadal looked out of sorts throughout the tournament.he'll win the French open though

That was a rout..!! Berdych usually not able to compete with Nadal as Nadals top spin renders Berdych power hitting completely ineffective. But not today :-( Hope he builds up from here and gets in to best shape by clay season.
Berdych played like he usually does in the first two sets. Nadal played at about 10%. You can't expect to be close against a top 10 player with that level. After winning 2 sets Berdych's confidence skyrocketed and he could withstand the resistance from Nadal in set 3. This is exactly what I was trying to explain to idiots like muloghonto last year. Nadal did not get to his top level immediately in 2013. He played a lot of small tournaments on clay to get to that level. He will have to do that again this year. If you take Djokovic out of the tour for 6-7 months he would be rusty too. It is natural.