Any powerful hitters in domestic?

Why do you need big hitters when you are successful atm?
Every team needs a powerful hitter. Against good bowling attacks, you won't be able to score at 6 an over from the start so you will need someone at the end to speed things up. I think Dhoni, Raina and Jadeja and even Rahane are good enough for us at the moment (although Jadeja isn't much of an explosive batsman).
Every team needs a powerful hitter. Against good bowling attacks, you won't be able to score at 6 an over from the start so you will need someone at the end to speed things up. I think Dhoni, Raina and Jadeja and even Rahane are good enough for us at the moment (although Jadeja isn't much of an explosive batsman).
Raina is pretty good, but he isn't as explosive as the rest. Dhobi's explosiveness has gone down, although he is still a masterful chaser. Ashwin and Jaddu have near-identical SRs (both below 90) and can't really tonk the ball.
The answer will be revealed during the Aus match. Our lower middle order lacks the ability to convert a (very) good score into an imposing one.
Bhai, you have the likes of Raina, Dhoni, Jadeja. All can clear the boundary. All can bar probably Rahane(who is a very good batsman in his own field)
Raina is pretty good' date=' but he isn't as explosive as the rest. Dhobi's explosiveness has gone down, although he is still a masterful chaser. Ashwin and Jaddu have near-identical SRs (both below 90) and can't really tonk the ball.[/quote'] The rest of our batsman still score at a decent rate, so I don't think we will be at a stage where we have scored 4 an over until the 40th over. If Dhoni, Raina etc can come and make some runs at a SR at 120-150, it will be good enough. We aren't too desperate for a powerful hitter like Maxwell. I would rather have 2-3 strong batsman who can both score many runs and fast depending on the situation. If Australia is at 100/5, Maxwell and Faulkner won't be able to do much.
The rest of our batsman still score at a decent rate' date=' so I don't think we will be at a stage where we have scored 4 an over until the 40th over. If Dhoni, Raina etc can come and make some runs at a SR at 120-150, it will be good enough. We aren't too desperate for a powerful hitter like Maxwell. I would rather have 2-3 strong batsman who can both score many runs and fast depending on the situation. If Australia is at 100/5, Maxwell and Faulkner won't be able to do much.[/quote'] If we are 100/5, I think Jaddu (at 7) and those who follow will be of even lesser use.
Is this just a stand-in for the Kannada team? Most of these names are not big hitters at all.
Beggars can't be choosers it is not like we have huge list of big hitters. These are guys who hit sixes regularly. I follow kar team more so will know more of those players. You are free to add other names you know about I was trying to think of all the teams
Beggars can't be choosers it is not like we have huge list of big hitters. These are guys who hit sixes regularly. I follow kar team more so will know more of those players. You are free to add other names you know about I was trying to think of all the teams
Never seen Rahul hitting sixes against fast /fast medium bowlers.
I think purely raw hitter picked up from domestic won't work. Raina came in as a proper bat then developed power hitting game. I would like to try Uthappa. Can be a decent WK too.
Rain a was a power hitter from m u19 days. He had a 38 ball 90 in u19 WC.
12 hours ago, Majestic said:

We will have to change the batting mentality if we want to produce power hitters. Power hitters don't get as much value and importance in Indian social media and commies as top orders do. The longer this continues it will be a problem as far as producing power hitters are concerned.

Yes India is still stuck in 90 's and believe timing is everything

12 hours ago, Majestic said:

We will have to change the batting mentality if we want to produce power hitters. Power hitters don't get as much value and importance in Indian social media and commies as top orders do. The longer this continues it will be a problem as far as producing power hitters are concerned.

But now power hitter are coming shahrukh khan ripal Patel Shivam Dubey ripal Patel abhinav Manohar Abdul samad Mahipal lomroar

1 hour ago, Kulcha said:

But now power hitter are coming shahrukh khan ripal Patel Shivam Dubey ripal Patel abhinav Manohar Abdul samad Mahipal lomroar

These guys won't get enough significance untill they bat at top and produce a 400+ runs season at 130 strike rate. If they score 250 runs season at 165 strike rates then they would be termed inconsistent and not as shining spark as say these Paddikal etc would be.