Speed and performance of medium pacers, trundlers and fast bowlers in Ipl

vishalvirsingh

Ankit Rajpoot showcased his potential today and was quite expensive at the same time. He got consistent outswing, seamed the ball too and got bounce as usual. Bowled a lot of balls in good areas but punctuated them by some bad ones. Very good speeds of 137 k to 147 k. Lots of deliveries between around 144 k.  Picked up a wicket.

BCCI should groom him with urgency as he combines pace/ bounce with decent control and movement and has the knack of picking wickets. Should go to Zim.    Akram has said that he rates this guy highly and McGrath has said that he is international quality.

Ankit Rajpoot showcased his potential today and was quite expensive at the same time. He got consistent outswing, seamed the ball too and got bounce as usual. Bowled a lot of balls in good areas but punctuated them by some bad ones. Very good speeds of 137 k to 147 k. Lots of deliveries between around 144 k.  Picked up a wicket.

BCCI should groom him with urgency as he combines pace/ bounce with decent control and movement and has the knack of picking wickets. Should go to Zim.    Akram has said that he rates this guy highly and McGrath has said that he is international quality.

He is a test bowler......what I like about him....is his bounce.....he will be more dangerous in countries like Ozzie and SA

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Bhuvi was very good at the death today.  Bowled some accurate yorkers.  This is the quickest I have seen him bowl and he was visually hurrying batsmen and hitting them on the body too.  Hit the deck hard in one over. Speeds  135 k to 144 k.  

Sran bowled well in patches and got some bounce and seam movement. Picked up 2 wickets. Speeds between 135 k and 141 k.

The pitch was slow and totally in favour of spinners. On such a deck Rajpoot bowled decently. Got outswing early on. Speeds between 135 k and 144 k. His 2nd over was not good ( as Mosher told me ). His first over was decent and his last over at the death was good. Attempted yorkers , most became low full tosses but the objective was right.

I need to give a closing sign off on this IPL and also on the Performance on Indian Pacers in this IPL.

Over all I am very disappointed by Curators and People who have been responsible for the PITCHES.

Pitches again were FLAT PATTA wickets and were death bed for PACERS except for one or 2 matches.

SO much was said and some learnings were also noted post our Australia Losses and England Losses and some pace friendly pitches were prepared but again in IPL all learnings were lost.

Even the Pitches did not support the SPINNERS much.

Result was Faster a bowler bowled, faster he was HIT or snicked to the boundary.

The complete IPL turned out to prove that Accurate trundlers like BHUVI, Dhwal Kulkarni,dyane bravo are greatest pacers in the world...even fast bowlers like Johnson, Morris, boult, English and RCB pacer Chris , morne morkel, dale steyn and other genuine fast bowlers flopped..including Umesh Yadav, varun aroon. though umesh and varun did not bowl that badly but on these wickets , they cud not succeed big.

shardul,nathu and few did not get a chance to bowl.

So over all not a very interesting IPL.

Batsman were batting as if they are playing tennis ball cricket..leaving wickets and batting... on fairly good tracks , batting like that is a sure shot secret to getting bowled or OUT.

Spinners also flopped.

Only batsman enjoyed.

PATTA wickets- Rubbish Pitches.

everybody is hitting morne morkel, chris Morris, ishant Sharma ,steyn and Johnson like toy bowlers , where as now when they will play them in tests , same batsman wont be able to play 6 balls and score 2 runs.

...Next IPL , I have decided to watch  matches where there is some life , some green , some swing or some Spin..definitely wont watch PATTA wickets.

BCCI- Live in the real world , create Pitches like all countries do....Totally disappointed.

what would a common cricket FAN think...Rohit Scoring 600 runs in IPL at a strike rate of 150+ and in ODI's and Tests not able to score a 50 at a strike rate of 50( 3 runs in an over).

Keep blaming the pitches. On Same pitches Bhuvi, Chahal, Sran, Nehra, Mutafizur, Watson, Mccleghan, Russell, Zampa, Bumrah, Sandeep, Morris, Zaheer, Dinda,  all bowled with lot of success. Heck even S Aravind bowled so well despite playing nearly all his matches at Chinnaswamy.

Can't use pitches as an excuse to hide incompetence of some of the fast bowlers.

Edited by Shoonya

Bhuvi bowled excellently yesterday, especially in the slog overs. He kept calm and bowled lots of good accurate quick yorkers and attempted yorkers.  Bowled to a plan too. Speeds  between 133 k and 144 k.   Well done.  Whenever a bowler can combine accuracy  with  pace/bounce ...he succeeds.  

He returned with none for only 25 runs off 4 overs in a high scoring match. .  Icing on the cake for him was the purple cap.

Sran was very expensive in a high scoring match.  Speeds between 135 k and 141 k .  Bowling figures 1 for 41 off 3 overs.

On 18/05/2016 at 3:42 PM, express bowling said:

He was bowling 130 k to 137 k  in a T20 match.  Chances are he will bowl slower in the longer formats.  Don't think that would work in international matches at his height.

Sandeep and Chahar are dwarf"s....bona.

Please don't talk about them as international prospects.

There was a dwarf called joginder sharma who once won us a final but still he was never asked to bowl again.

What I want to say is See Potential and don't get impressed by numbers.

Sandeep n deepak would also get wickets in india but still ignore them

On 30/05/2016 at 2:56 PM, vishalvirsingh said:

I need to give a closing sign off on this IPL and also on the Performance on Indian Pacers in this IPL.

Over all I am very disappointed by Curators and People who have been responsible for the PITCHES.

Pitches again were FLAT PATTA wickets and were death bed for PACERS except for one or 2 matches.

SO much was said and some learnings were also noted post our Australia Losses and England Losses and some pace friendly pitches were prepared but again in IPL all learnings were lost.

Even the Pitches did not support the SPINNERS much.

Result was Faster a bowler bowled, faster he was HIT or snicked to the boundary.

The complete IPL turned out to prove that Accurate trundlers like BHUVI, Dhwal Kulkarni,dyane bravo are greatest pacers in the world...even fast bowlers like Johnson, Morris, boult, English and RCB pacer Chris , morne morkel, dale steyn and other genuine fast bowlers flopped..including Umesh Yadav, varun aroon. though umesh and varun did not bowl that badly but on these wickets , they cud not succeed big.

shardul,nathu and few did not get a chance to bowl.

So over all not a very interesting IPL.

Batsman were batting as if they are playing tennis ball cricket..leaving wickets and batting... on fairly good tracks , batting like that is a sure shot secret to getting bowled or OUT.

Spinners also flopped.

Only batsman enjoyed.

PATTA wickets- Rubbish Pitches.

everybody is hitting morne morkel, chris Morris, ishant Sharma ,steyn and Johnson like toy bowlers , where as now when they will play them in tests , same batsman wont be able to play 6 balls and score 2 runs.

...Next IPL , I have decided to watch  matches where there is some life , some green , some swing or some Spin..definitely wont watch PATTA wickets.

BCCI- Live in the real world , create Pitches like all countries do....Totally disappointed.

what would a common cricket FAN think...Rohit Scoring 600 runs in IPL at a strike rate of 150+ and in ODI's and Tests not able to score a 50 at a strike rate of 50( 3 runs in an over).

Above was my closing comments of previous IPL.

I hope this time there are some greenish tracks or tracks with lil assistance to pacers and not flat dry patta"s where bouncers are such short of length balls that a batsman can play 4 type of strokes and sit and play pacers n players sweep pacers....

10 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Above was my closing comments of previous IPL.

I hope this time there are some greenish tracks or tracks with lil assistance to pacers and not flat dry patta"s where bouncers are such short of length balls that a batsman can play 4 type of strokes and sit and play pacers n players sweep pacers....

tum sahi bol rahe ho, per jab ye log international T20s ke liye thoda bhi fast bowling friendly pitch nahi banapate to tamasha T20s ke liye to banane se rahe. is baar bhi sab pitches patta hi banayege :agree:

On 07/02/2017 at 10:38 AM, zakk said:

tum sahi bol rahe ho, per jab ye log international T20s ke liye thoda bhi fast bowling friendly pitch nahi banapate to tamasha T20s ke liye to banane se rahe. is baar bhi sab pitches patta hi banayege :agree:

And rightly so. IPL is for entertainment and caters to a large set of different audience. It is not for developing prospects or bowlers or batsmen but in the process if they get the benefit then its bonus.

On 2/7/2017 at 10:38 AM, zakk said:

International pitches have some pace every where even in T 20.last IPL pitches were just too flat.

Shrewd bowlers like Dyane bravo succeeded.

Patta wickets do not help us to get batsman or bowlers.