Wimbledon 2015

bones

They would have played on if it was Murray or Federer. Terrible decision.
That's why irks me the most. Andy Murray in the same situation they would have put a red carpet down for him to the centre court. Djokovic once again is playing a guy who hitting the lines and with power consistently, but credit to him, he remained calm and played a slightly higher level and made fewer mistakes. Anderson started to show some tightness and fatigue. It was a gripping contest that should have been concluded last night. Now if Anderson wins today and plays Cilic I'll give Cilic a huge advantage with the day's rest. Djokovic perhaps less so because he's quite fit and recovers quickly. But even he would suffer if he didn't finish Cilic in 4 max. There are some people who say it's not going to be too difficult, it's pretty much like a 1 hour training session. No it's nothing like a 1 hour practise session. It's like comparing playing football with your brothers and friends in the local park to extra in in the champions league quarter finals. They are nothing alike. It isn't even about the physical factor, it's more about the mental. No full night's sleep. No time to take your mind off tennis and put it on other stuff. Instead you play 3 days straight and you're thinking about tennis pretty much all the time. They proved they could do it with Monfils and Simon on Saturday. Wawrinka looks good, but I still am not impressed with his return, I think any decent server could take him down, but looks like he won't have to face any. These are the little things that open up for a player if he's fortunate. Fed, Djokovic and Murray all have had to play a big server and we've seen how difficult it is to break them.

Unbelievable ROS from Federer,this is Outrageous.he's so comfortably and swiftly returning 130 mph serves :omg: . 2nd set goes to Federer,have to say both have played some outstanding tennis,this should have been the final

One thing I love about his performance is how much he is coming in these days. It also quashes all the "slow court" crybabies here. I have always said that on grass you can still come in and volley frequently. Federer is showing it with example.

One thing I love about his performance is how much he is coming in these days. It also quashes all the "slow court" crybabies here. I have always said that on grass you can still come in and volley frequently. Federer is showing it with example.
Courts are a bit slow compared to the 90s but Federer doesn't mind slow surfaces,he's pretty good on them tbh.his Australian open record speaks for itself

Courts are a bit slow compared to the 90s but Federer doesn't mind slow surfaces' date='he's pretty good on them tbh.his Australian open record speaks for itself[/quote'] You should check the service numbers. The players are hitting more aces now than the 90s, there are less service breaks than the 1990s (more TB sets). The improvement if string technology helped the serve as much as the baseline game. However people don't talk about that often. The main reason why the courts were made slower in the early 2000s (they changed it in 2001 in Wimbledon) is because people were starting to find the game boring. If they hadn't slowed it down, it would have been only serve fests. The game is much better now with these courts. My point is, some people here pointed out slow courts as one of the reasons for Federer's decline in 2013 and I even had lengthy debate on it here. Federer's current form suggests that it had nothing to do with slow courts. He has been winning slams when the courts were already slower. In fact Federer is playing much more attacking tennis now than when he was at his peak. He was a proper baseliner then. Now he comes in more. Edberg has made a real impact with Federer.

Saw the latter half of 2nd set and the whole 3rd set. If this Federer shows up on Sunday expect Djokovic to get spanked in straight sets, may be even a couple of bagels. But these days Federer becomes Federror without any warning so can't say with confidence that he will emerge triumphant.